Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2020, 08:29 AM
    I actually don't blame her. The same thing is happening in areas like Poconos PA ; and Hamptons Long Island.....anywhere where rich NYers have summer get aways . The Poconos have a disproportionate amt of cases because NYers come in for weekend get aways . The Hamptons are ridiculous . The stores normally cater to a a much smaller winter population . But the liberal rich jet set crown from Manhattan like locust went there when the orders came down ;brought up everything in the stores ,stocked their freezers to wait it out . If you are going to be told to stay home ,where better than in your private beach house .
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-sho...e-in-hamptons/
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2020, 12:18 PM
    Shocking a venture capitalists Yale grad acting like a loony right winger.
    She is actually a liberal dem acting just like a liberal dem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2020, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I actually don't blame her. The same thing is happening in areas like Poconos PA ; and Hamptons Long Island.....anywhere where rich NYers have summer get aways . The Poconos have a disproportionate amt of cases because NYers come in for weekend get aways . The Hamptons are ridiculous . The stores normally cater to a a much smaller winter population . But the liberal rich jet set crown from Manhattan like locust went there when the orders came down ;brought up everything in the stores ,stocked their freezers to wait it out . If you are going to be told to stay home ,where better than in your private beach house .
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-sho...e-in-hamptons/
    Hard to stop anyone from moving state to state in this country, even scared rich folks I guess, but acting out of fear does no good, but everybody is scared and frankly who knows what to really do. Even rich folks can be selfish and stupid, and get carried away, and that does no good either. Wonder what happens when you run out of places to run too?

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    She is actually a liberal dem acting just like a liberal dem.
    Even lib dems do the wrong things, but she got talked down, somewhat.

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/new...ravel-restrict
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2020, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Hard to stop anyone from moving state to state in this country, even scared rich folks I guess, but acting out of fear does no good, but everybody is scared and frankly who knows what to really do. Even rich folks can be selfish and stupid, and get carried away, and that does no good either. Wonder what happens when you run out of places to run too?
    Time to restrict movement for the public good, this is how individual freedoms are lost, perfect unions become a thing of the past as local rules become paramount
    Expert

Mar 30, 2020, 07:02 PM
    Half the country is restricted somewhat, but the other half, not so much if at all. Some of our governors ain't there yet. Far as I know they prez ain't pushing them either, at least not yet. Many think eventually they will as the cases rise and the hospitals fill.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2020, 08:46 PM
    Now you have the benefit of a federal system, the PM and Cabinet decided and the country is in lockdown, no more than two people meeting and 16 reasons why you can legally be out of your house, this is besides state border closures, federal border closures, cruise ships not allowed to dock and airlines shut down and all we have is 4,000 confirmed cases and 18 deaths
    Expert

Mar 30, 2020, 09:16 PM
    So far
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2020, 10:05 PM
    so I think we have over reacted
    Expert

Mar 31, 2020, 04:52 AM
    Or you can look at your reaction and efforts thus far as being the reason the growth rate is slower than other countries.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 06:14 AM
    You see the reason the growth rate is slower than other countries is vast distances and lower population, the virus cannot cross water as easily as it crosses land. 60% of our infections are recent travellers most of whom are quarantined and everyone who has returned lately is forcibly quarantined. Even so there are 9 local infections where I live in a small rural city but I think my government has panicked and caused an economic collapse
    Expert

Mar 31, 2020, 10:16 AM
    I won't argue the facts of open land and water and people passing germs but one would think the new conservative government in Australia would have things under better control and not panic at the events unfolding. Maybe you should have them tested.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2020, 04:53 PM
    well some of them have tested positive and we will see if they escaped the G20 unscathed
    Expert

Apr 1, 2020, 07:44 AM
    A politician that washes his hands what a novel idea as that's probably the only thing clean about them.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2020, 08:52 PM
    That hand washing is not taking responsibility just like pilate
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 09:30 AM
    Would you rather be hunkered down and stay healthy, or trying to make money and getting sick or make somebody else sick, or DIE?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 09:52 AM
    I can answer that since I go to work every day real close to the epicenter ;being essential and all that . If the economy of the planet doesn't get up and running real soon there will be people dying from the resulting global depression . Will more or less die ? Who knows? Also the government is printing money over time . If bonds are not sold to finance the debt (don't believe this $2 tril number . Kudlow said it will be more like $6 trillion based on Fed guarantees ) And now Trump and the Dems are drooling over more "shovel ready " infrastructure bills that will add even more trillions . It is unsustainable . Hope you have a good wheel barrel ready when you have to load it up with cash to buy some bread and TP . Hyper-inflation here we come . I don't like the risk . But the way I see it ,I am at risk at work or at home .
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 05:15 PM
    These days of uncertainty are unnerving and nobody can say when normal comes back or will it be a new normal. Tom, I think a lot of people will follow you through that stress of uncertainty in the next few months and we will all share in the plain helplessness of it all.

I only hope we learn enough from this to rebuild and be better than we were when this thing started. Funny how a bug you can't even see can do what an army cannot, but maybe being humbled will wake us up to needed changes and fast enough for the next one. I don't think business as usual will be sufficient for that any more and clearly we need a better plan.

Until then the problem just grows and spreads. We can hardly brag about leading the world when we can't take care of ourselves. Take care of yourself Tom, we just watch and wait for our turn in the barrel.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I can answer that since I go to work every day real close to the epicenter ;being essential and all that . If the economy of the planet doesn't get up and running real soon there will be people dying from the resulting global depression . Will more or less die ? Who knows? Also the government is printing money over time . If bonds are not sold to finance the debt (don't believe this $2 tril number . Kudlow said it will be more like $6 trillion based on Fed guarantees ) And now Trump and the Dems are drooling over more "shovel ready " infrastructure bills that will add even more trillions . It is unsustainable . Hope you have a good wheel barrel ready when you have to load it up with cash to buy some bread and TP . Hyper-inflation here we come . I don't like the risk . But the way I see it ,I am at risk at work or at home .
    Yes and this depression will be caused by politicians not a virus, unless as you consider as I do, that the politicians are the real virus, like bureaucrats, they spread
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 02:56 PM
    LOL, politicians got nothing on this bug, but like the virus, no cures are know just elections as a cure, which this virus puts in limbo so far.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 04:10 PM
    elections have never cured us of politicians only revolution can do that and only for a short time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search