Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pompopei Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2020, 10:27 AM
    How to mend joist perforated incorrectly to install electric cables?
    Hi, my basement has several joists with multiple perforations, some on the bottom half of the joist, through which MC cables are routed. I am afraid that inspector will flag this and am willing to reroute the cables. However, the joist holes will be visible. How can I mend them?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2020, 10:16 AM
    Intalling a sister joists may be your best option, if not out right replacing the affected joists

https://extremehowto.com/fixing-a-damaged-floor-joist/

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/si...takes-to-avoid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you still pop your eardrum if its perforated? [ 0 Answers ]

Can you still pop your eardrum if its perforated? Well got hit in the ear and I can hear a little out of it and I think it mite be a perforated eardrum but I can still pop that ear so does that mean its not damaged. Help please!

Buried electric cables in California mobilehome parks, splice needed to be made [ 2 Answers ]

Wire was burnt and fused together underground at a Mobilehome park in California. They feed piggyback underground from unit to unit. The wire underground is direct burial cable but now we have to splice the wires, do we need a junction box installed for the splice underground or can they get...

The cables of my ac are torn by my dog how can I change the cables? [ 2 Answers ]

The cables of my ac are torn by my dog how can I change does electrical cables?

Dishwasher electric cables touching water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - A friend recently helped me install a new dishwasher by running an electric connection from a nearby outlet. For the extension, he took the power source from the outlet then connected to a metal box which he then ran a connection to the dishwasher. I noticed that the metal box is right next...

Running Electric, Cat5, and Telephone Cables [ 1 Answers ]

Hi -- I'm new to this site! Thanks for making it available. I have a new 18x36' shed that I am going to put a sub-panel in. The sub-panel will be 100 amps and is approximately 120' from the main panel located in the main house. So, I will be running underground electric cable from the main...

View more questions Search