Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pompopei Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2020, 09:32 AM
    Sudor vent for washer/sing venting in basement
    My washer's drain stack and laundry sink vent through an unused chimney flue, which I understand is against code. Can I cut the vent pipe and install a Studor vent with cleaning access instead? I live in Maryland.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2020, 04:43 AM
    Hello

I can't speak to Maryland code. Call your local plumbing inspector and ask him the question. My guess is that as long as the studor vent is "readily accessible" for future swap out you can proceed to install the vent. If the studor vent is not allowed in Maryland then I would just leave the vent in the unused chimney unless someone absolutely requires you to swap it out.

Mark
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2020, 07:08 PM
    Did you do the install? I would leave it until some duly authorized inspector makes you fix it, and tells you what is acceptable according to local code.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2020, 07:58 PM
    It could become a problem if you sell the house and it is inspected.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2020, 01:46 PM
    I agree with Mark and Talaniman do it as they says, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement washer will not drain (sure-fit vent) [ 7 Answers ]

We had to install a new lift pump for our basement laundry tub/washing machine. The system worked fine, the pump just needed replacing ) The washer drains to the tub, then to the sealed FloTec lift pump (approx 8 ft lift ). The sure-vent is on about a 2ft vertical PVC pipe out of the pump system. ...

Washer backs up into laundry sing [ 1 Answers ]

My washer backs up into my laundry tub when it empties why! How do I fix?

Venting Soil Line - Can I use 1 vent for all of my venting needs? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am renovating an old house and have decided to add a master bathroom. I currently have 1 (ea) 2 inch vent pipe penetrating the roof line. I'd like to branch off the single pipe and run several vent pipes off the single one mentioned above to vent two bathrooms, the kitchen sink, and...

Venting new bathroom into existing vent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the process of adding an additional bathroom on the 3rd floor of our house. My question is this, can I vent this bathroom into the 2nd floor bathroom vent, which about 10 feet away from my planned 3rd floor waste line? Are there any restrictions on how many horizontal feet versus vertical...

View more questions Search