Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajed94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2020, 06:05 AM
    Setting up two nvme's with different sizes
    Hi all,

How could I set up two nvme's without raid0 because they are two different sizes?
    ComputerTech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2020, 07:47 PM
    Hello sajed94 I would love to help you
    but i need a little bit more information of your problem thank you
    sajed94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2020, 07:57 AM
    Hi there,

My laptop Predator Helios 300 (256gb ssd nvme). The system is setup on Intel Rapid Storage Technology and when I added another ssd nvme (512gb) I could only use it when raid it to raid0 but even then the combined size of the two ssds I was left with was 477gb. I was wondering if there is a away to get a full or near full use of both ssds other than raid0 because I know raid0 requires the drives to be of equal sizes?

I thought of using AHCI but then I read that AHCI works best on SATA as the read/write speed is 550mb/s max! and PCIe allows a lot more than that.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I a NVMe do I still have to buy a ssd, if so why? [ 1 Answers ]

If I buy a NVMe do I still have to buy a ssd, if so why?

I changed a tool setting and it returns to old setting? [ 2 Answers ]

After I changed my tools setting to 100% zoom it returned back to the 125% picture. How do I keep the 100% setting%

Lot sizes [ 0 Answers ]

While converting from square feet to acres, I noticed there is a difference between square foot and square foot (survey). Same with acres. This was not something I expected to see, or understand. Can someone explain the difference? The site I use for conversions is below. Online Conversion -...

Drain pipe sizes and venting sizes [ 4 Answers ]

1.) What dia. Drain pipe is used for the shower/tub? 2" ? Is that ID or OD? 2.) What dia vent pipe is for the shower/tub? 2"? 3.) I'm going to put a vent in for the shower/tub in my basement. It starts at the slab then goes straight up about 7ft. And then does a 90 and then is running...

View more questions Search