Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2020, 11:27 AM
    HOA driving me crazy ! My rights as a homeowner ??
    Please can someone give me some advice before I start paying money to a lawyer. HOA rules state that no RV or boat shall be parked on a property and be visible from street or neighbor's house. When I purchased my house I never even saw these rules and never agreed to them. Maybe they were included in the purchase deal. I have no clue. Anyway, I agreed to park my RV in storage elsewhere and pay a monthly fee. The problem is every time I bring it to me house to get it ready for a trip- even for a few hours and some HOA spy sees it, I get penalized with a monetary fee. I reached out and explained the situation to them. They said I have to contact them to get a waiver every time I bring the RV to my property. So I started doing that. I would ask for a two day waiver. One day to prepare the RV and leave the same day for an over night stay with the grand kids somewhere. We would come back the next day in the evening. By the time I empty the RV and clean it, it is dark. So I return it to storage the very next morning. Remember: I only asked for a two day waiver. This means on day number 3 technically I am in violation. So they started sending someone to see if I removed the RV on the third day very early in the morning. A few times they saw the RV was still there at 7 AM and they slapped me with another fee ! I said ok I will start asking for a three day waiver. This will give me enough time to return the RV on the third day. Now they are telling me I can not keep it more than 48 hours !! What is a man who loves his grandkids and just wants to enjoy his home and his life to do ? They are making it virtually very hard for me to enjoy my home and my RV. NONE of my neighbors complain whenever I bring the RV to my property. And when it is parked in my driveway- although visible from the street- it does not block the public sidewalk at all as I have a huge driveway. What are my options as a homeowner short of selling the house and moving elsewhere ?? I really appreciate your inputs
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2020, 01:56 PM
    I have had my experiences with HOA's and not very good ones either. I found this article that I hope helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my rights as a homeowner with a roommate? [ 11 Answers ]

Two years ago, in Augsut of 2010, a woman asked to move in with me. She said she could only pay $400/month. She is living in my deceased mother's suite (2 rooms = 500 sq.ft.). She pays me $221/month because of paying storage fees of $169/month. I agreed to that initially. We have gone past the one...

This is driving me crazy [ 0 Answers ]

I saw a movie on either showtime or HBO, in the early to mid 90's. I think it was placed in California, it was about a husband and wife who owned either a restaurant or grocery store. The wife cheats on her husband with her son's friend, a few scenes I remember are, the wife and her son's friend...

This is driving me crazy [ 2 Answers ]

OK there's a rap song with the young and restless beat... does anyone know what it is its not the MARY J OR THE KARIZIE BONE one any other suggestions on it its driving me crazy thanks

Homeowner rights with a roommate [ 2 Answers ]

I have rented out a room in my home. I wrote up a short agreement for myself and the renter. He is taking my things and telling me after the fact and not sticking to the agreed time to pay rent. What are my rights?

Driving Me Crazy [ 1 Answers ]

This is a late 80's or early 90's movie about three or four kids who take oof on there bikes to go camping in the woods by the lake. There is a scene in which a heavy set boy has just gotten out of the shower and is eating a candy bay and driving a remote control car while singing "THE WANDERER!' ...

View more questions Search