Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yosegurl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2005, 07:26 PM
    Rabie Shot reaction?
    I had my two 4 month old doxies in to the vets today for there 2nd kennel cough shot and their first rabie shot. Since we have gotten home both pups are yelping each time we pick them up, and they have been shaking for 2 hours. Is this normal after these shots, or are they having a reaction, I'm very upset and of course the vet is not in his office. HELP

yosegurl79
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2005, 09:03 PM
    No it is not normal. Have you tried calling your vet? Mine's number forwards to a paging service after hours. Sometimes dogs do have reactions. I wouldn't panic yet, but it would be good to talk to the vet. This is not an area I have enough experience and training to give good answers.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2005, 05:31 PM
    What was the outcome?
    Quote Originally Posted by yosegurl
    I had my two 4 month old doxies in to the vets today for there 2nd kennel cough shot and their first rabie shot. Since we have gotten home both pups are yelping each time we pick them up, and they have been shaking for 2 hours. Is this normal after these shots, or are they having a reaction, I"m very upset and of course the vet is not in his office. HELP

yosegurl79
    Would be very interested in where you were able to get help for you two little babies and what was offered as a solution to help them and how was it done? Hope that they are OK now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Rabie shot for Dogs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of dogs that I inherited a couple of years ago. They had their rabies shots when given to me. Can anyone tell me how often are dogs suppose to receive these shots?

Hit me with your best shot! [ 12 Answers ]

I am on a 80's music hunt. I have a pretty large selection of 80's music, but I'm sure that there are a few songs out there that I don't have yet. If you have a hot minute, just ramble off some groups, or song titles that I can look up so I can add to my collection of great 80's music. ...

Rabie Shots [ 6 Answers ]

When Are Puppies Suppose To Get There First Rabie Shot

2 rabie shots in one year [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I just moved from TX to WI and took my Pug in to meet the vet and get any shots he might need. I had my previous vet fax all his paperwork to the new vet. Well, the new vet gave my Pug a rabies shot and after I got home and talked to my boyfriend (who still lives in TX) he informed me...

View more questions Search