Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrestling97girl Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2020, 01:08 AM
    How can I shorten/ reword this message before I send it?
    So I’m 22 years old and moving away from my family home to live in a shared “singles” house at a teen summer camp that has rental groups during the rest of the year. I will have my own bed room and bathroom but it’s a shared kitchen/main living areas. Currently only 1 person lives in the house and has been there a few months (there is 4 bedrooms) I barely know this person but we were briefly introduced last time I was there (beginning of this year just before I applied to work as year round staff). We are friends on Facebook (I added him when I applied for the job, he is close to my age ,our bedrooms are to be on separate floors of the house and eventually someone else will be hired and move in). I need my message to be edited and definitely shortened before sending.
    Here it is:

“Hi, so we sort of met after New Years camp when I stayed for just over a week to help in housekeeping. So you’ve probably heard by now that I’m joining property staff at the beginning of March and will be living on site. I’ve collected a lot of kitchen stuff over the years (some new , some used) and you already live in the house. So if I list the kitchen stuff I’m planning on bringing would you let me know if I actually need to/ should bring it (if the shared kitchen already has enough of it , or an a equal or better one , or no room for it/ unnecessary to bring...) ?
    I mean if you don’t want to I could just bring all the kitchen stuff I’ve set aside that I think I will need and obviously some stuff I’m bringing for sure (like my tea infusers) but things like a toaster (I probably don’t need to bring if the kitchen already has one, unless the one I have is clearly better then the current one) so it would be helpful to hear from you.
    Sorry for the long message (packing and writing are things I tend to overcomplicate).”
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2020, 01:26 AM
    “Hi, so we sort of met after New Years camp when I stayed for just over a week to help in housekeeping. So you’ve probably heard by now that I’m joining property staff at the beginning of March and will be living on site. I’ve collected a lot of kitchen stuff over the years (some new , some used) and you already live in the house. So if I list the kitchen stuff I’m planning on bringing would you let me know if I actually need to/ should bring it (if the shared kitchen already has enough of it , oran a equal or better one , or no room for it/ unnecessary to bring...) ?
    I mean if you don’t want to I could just bring all the kitchen stuff I’ve set aside that I think I will need and obviously some stuff I’m bringing for sure (like my tea infusers) but things like a toaster (I probably don’t need to bring if the kitchen already has one, unless the one I have is clearly better then the current one) so it would be helpful to hear from you.
    Sorry for the long message, but looking forward to hearing from you.

Small change I would recommend, but if you are in touch on Facebook, why write a letter? Seems a bit redundant.

Jan 26, 2020, 01:36 AM
    I’m friends with him on Facebook but we have not interacted with each other on it. So I was planning to private message him the message though Facebook as that is the contact information I have for him. Thank you for the edit.
    Expert

Jan 26, 2020, 01:40 AM
    That's cool, send the message as is as the only change I made was the last line any way. I can only suggest you take what YOU need and not count on what's there or could be shared until you know the room mates better. You know how people are about their stuff, and there are more room mates coming. Plenty of time for inevitable adjustments later, so for now deal with your own needs.

Jan 26, 2020, 01:57 AM
    Good point I probably will end up bringing a lot of my own stuff, mostly trying to avoid cluttering the kitchen with too much stuff as some things like a set of 12 matching dinner plates I probably only need some not all and the microwave I own that works but is low wattage and sometimes turns itself on when left plugged in is better than not having one but I’d rather not bring if there’s already one there.
    Expert

Jan 26, 2020, 08:52 AM
    If this is your first time away from home and rooming with strangers then be flexible, because you are in for many challenges that require you to adapt to changes much different from what you may be use too. Take care of YOURSELF and good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I send him message via Facebook? [ 5 Answers ]

A month ago my friend saw on my dating website his close friend. He said we were both perfect match. Later I noticed from inbox while I was busy he had sent him 6 messages & because he hadn't repaid he couldn't read. I asked my friend about them. "Well, I wanna say in your wedding I did it!" I...

Did he send a text message? [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I received a random text message that just said, "Ok"... I'm wondering if the message could be from a guy. Who recently told me he liked me a lot. I responded with an... Ok, great news. Nice to know! I was put on the spot with a lot a people around. The text came from the area were he...

Want to cancel a send message [ 1 Answers ]

I have send a message last night to my friend from BSNL network. It has not been delivered. It is showing Pending. Now I don't want that message which I have send to be delivered to my friend's cell. I want toundeliver it. Please help.Please fast

Is my ex trying to send me a message? [ 2 Answers ]

HI I'm in a very messed up situation. It all started out at the place i work. I met by ex-boyfriend there. I had been noticing him flirting with a particular girl. And i tried to brush it off until a couple of events. My ex was the type of guy that flirted with every girl. He had a picture of...

View more questions Search