Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zazturoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2020, 09:44 PM
    Smoke smell when running shower
    My water heater is in the garage. But, when running hot water in upstairs shower, I smell smoke.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 02:50 AM
    I've heard of the rotten egg smell when running hot water but never smoke so I can only suggest checking your water heater anodes as well as the whole tank for bacteria mold or fungus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong septic smell in bathroom after running shower [ 8 Answers ]

Upstairs bathroom... double cabinet... double sink. Only the attic is above this bathroom. No order in any other bathroom or any where else in the house. In our upstairs bathroom there is a strong septic smell only after I've had a long shower. There is a slight odor underneath one cabinet...

Smoke smell in car after fire [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how to rid a car-specifically the passenger leather seat- of smoke smell. My car was involved in a fire, my entire passenger side was torched and the interior of the passenger door melted. The body has been fixed, but there is still a strong smoke smell. I have had it detailed...

Smoke outside & keep the smell outside [ 1 Answers ]

I hope this is the correct category. I am a smoker (unfortunately). I just moved into a house with non-smokers. I find that when I smoke outside, than walk inside, the smell of smoke comes inside with me. Until I can quit smoking, I need to find a way (or procedure) to get the smell of smoke...

Smoke smell in your house [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get the cigarette smell out of my house? Is there not some kind of chemical substance I can use on my walls? I know that when people have lived in an apartment where they have smoked there is something they use to clear out the smell before they let someone else move in.:eek:

Bad smell from shower and tub when hot water is running [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I know that others have posted similar questions. The smell is becoming worse and I can swear that my eyes burn and I cough when I am in the bathroom area. When the shower or tub hot water is running, there is a burnt foul smell in the air. I have also smelled a rotten egg smell in the...

View more questions Search