Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgdassinger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2020, 02:25 PM
    Contract For Deed When Seller Dies
    My mother sold her house to my nephew on a contract for deed. The deed was registered with the county in both their names. The deed was never registered with the county after the contract was paid in full in 2014. I have a copy of the warranty deed that my mother signed off on but the original warranty deed cannot be found. We would not have to file probate on the estate as there is nothing else except this lost warranty deed. What are our options?

Check out some similar questions!

Seller breach of contract for contract for deed [ 12 Answers ]

We have a contract for deed created by a real estate lawyer, signed and notarized. We are in year 11 of 15 years on the contract. We have never been late and pay all property taxes and insurance on the house since day 1 of the contract. The Sellers are getting a divorce. The Sellers lawyers are...

Land Contract buyers rights when the seller dies and has a mortgage on the property [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking a signing a land contract with my father. My father is 80 years old and has a mortgage on the property. What happens if he passes.

Seller for a contract for deed dies [ 5 Answers ]

Seller for a contract for deed dies and there is no PR appointed yet. Can the buyer pay off the amount to anyone else such as: clerk of courts or register of deeds?

Contract for Deed Seller has not filled contract [ 9 Answers ]

I need to know where we stand, this is very frustrating for us. The proposal was land (Wyoming), and refurbished trailer in the country. We put $2,000 down and went to an escrow company to fill out the paperwork for closing etc. "Contract for Deed" The contract stated we would take possession...

Contract for deed, seller dies [ 4 Answers ]

Two questions: Can my mom sell me one of her investment properties on contract for deed if there is a mortgage on the property? What happens if she dies,the existing mortgage has not been paid off, and we have a contract for deed on the property?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.