Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2020, 05:30 PM
    Hotel California
    The Pelosi legacy

https://vimeo.com/373532022?ref=em-share
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 20, 2020, 08:41 AM
    Nice try but blaming Nancy doesn't tell the whole story of a nationwide problem. Good spin and personal attack. This is where you should have used a spiffy editorial partisan cartoon. Just sayin'
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2020, 03:34 PM
    so you are in favour of Nancy and her vilification campaign
    Expert

Jan 20, 2020, 04:33 PM
    Not only is it an election year and everybody is vilifying everybody else, but the dufus only has himself to blame for being impeached because if there is ever a time for good behavior and crossing your T's and dotting your I's then election year is the time. Don't you agree?
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2020, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Not only is it an election year and everybody is vilifying everybody else, but the dufus only has himself to blame for being impeached because if there is ever a time for good behavior and crossing your T's and dotting your I's then election year is the time. Don't you agree?
    Well you have much longer election years than we do, but, with a rabid liberal media, you always have to be of good behaviour otherwise you get crucified as some of our politicians are finding out
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2020, 07:15 PM
    most of those videos were taken in Pelosi's San Fran district

Meanwhile she was passing out gold pens to celebrate the "somber " 'solemn occasion' of Trump's impeachment which they declared a sad day ,and that they only reluctantly did because there was no time to waste in removing Trump from office (that was a month ago when they voted ) .
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2020, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    most of those videos were taken in Pelosi's San Fran district

Meanwhile she was passing out gold pens to celebrate the "somber " 'solemn occasion' of Trump's impeachment which they declared a sad day ,and that they only reluctantly did because there was no time to waste in removing Trump from office (that was a month ago when they voted ) .
    You cannot hold a good impeachment during the festive season Tom there would be noone there to vote. This is political grandstanding at its worst so it needs an audience not competition from Santa Claus
    Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 01:35 AM
    I guess it's repubs turn to grandstand a bit because the trial starts in a few hours and Moscow Mitch runs the show now.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2020, 07:47 AM
    drink lots of coffee . going to have 2 12hr marathons just for opening comments . Can you imagine those swamp critters keeping their mouths shut for that long ? The Schmuckster's head is going to explode
    Expert

Jan 21, 2020, 09:22 AM
    Our justice system is an adversarial one so fireworks galore between the offense and defense, but the real challenge is those old folks staying awake through it all. I doubt Mitch is going to make a habit of missing his happy hour every day though.

Expect plenty of breaks and press conferences.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2020, 01:37 PM
    he can always keep a flask of Jameson in his suit pocket .
    Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 08:58 AM
    I thought the dems did an admirable job submitting motions for witnesses and documents to appear while making a credible case why they should appear while reminding us of the testimony of those 17 witnesses that did appear before the House during the inquiry. Sure they lost every motion but they established plenty of evidence already, and the point is there is even more than what was presented.

Today they present their case without interruption or rebuttal. Pretty much like yesterday. Mitch may need more pockets.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2020, 02:32 PM
    still listening to Garcia drone on. They have nothing . It isn't a question if a handful of Repubs will bolt . It is ,can they hold their own caucus . Senators like Joe Manchin have to satisfy their constituency too .
    Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 08:04 PM
    I guess the emails, texts messages, call records and testimony clips didn't impress you enough to acknowledge a cover up huh Tom?
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 04:48 PM
    not really . This is the 1st impeachment where the House isn't even attempting to link it to a crime . Instead they are using the nefarious plot argument . Tying loose ends together instead of solid evidence of criminal misconduct is a really faulty stragegery
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    not really . This is the 1st impeachment where the House isn't even attempting to link it to a crime .
    Where have you been? How many legal Constitutional experts have testified a crime isn't necessary for impeachment?

All the way from Hamilton and Madison to Alan Dershowitz - (although tricky Alan has reversed himself now that he's on the Trump team.)
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 05:19 PM
    You don't need a crime, and all they could tie Clinton to was lying about an extra marital affair after more than 3 years looking for a crime. He still got impeached. That's not even remotely the same as the dufus with his back channel non government extortion scheme to get re elected he got caught at. It's a crime for a president to abuse his power, a crime to strong arm another government to influence an election, and it's a crime to cover it up by obstructing a lawful investigation. Fortunately for the dufus, repubs are deaf, dumb and stupid. can't wait for the outrage and hollering by the defense because they got nothing I bet to explain the dufus's actions and I doubt they can sustain that for 24 hours without their heads exploding in the senate chamber.

The real test comes when it's time to vote for witnesses and documents, after the questions session. NO CRIME INDEED!
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 05:31 PM
    Where have you been? How many legal Constitutional experts have testified a crime isn't necessary for impeachment?
    Article II Sec for is specific …"
    The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and
    misdemeanors."
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 05:49 PM
    You don't need a crime, and all they could tie Clinton to was lying about an extra marital affair after more than 3 years looking for a crime. He still got impeached. That's not even remotely the same as the dufus with his back channel non government extortion scheme to get re elected he got caught at. It's a crime for a president to abuse his power, a crime to strong arm another government to influence an election, and it's a crime to cover it up by obstructing a lawful investigation. Fortunately for the dufus, repubs are deaf, dumb and stupid. can't wait for the outrage and hollering by the defense because they got nothing I bet to explain the dufus's actions and I doubt they can sustain that for 24 hours without their heads exploding in the senate chamber.

The real test comes when it's time to vote for witnesses and documents, after the questions session. NO CRIME INDEED!
    I've watched many hr of the House case . They are not even trying to prove their case. Instead they keep looping the same testimony from the witnesses they had during the House hearings. No crime has been proven as far as I can tell .Just more fanciful conspiracies over policy differences. AND YES Bubba was charged with specific crimes including perjury ,and suborning perjury for which he lost his Arkansas law license ;was barred from being a lawyer in SCOTUS and fined for lying in both the Lewinsky affair and the Paula Jones SEXUAL ASSAULT .. I thought you woke Dems thought sexual assault was a serious crime .
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 06:01 PM
    Unlike repubs who have an audience of one, dems are talking to the public, and 6 out of 10 wants witnesses and documents and a fair trial since we are paying for it, so go ahead clear the fool without those essentials as more will still be revealed. The more we know about this off road political errand the better. So go ahead and ignore those 17 expert eye witnesses while you go along with protecting the real crooks of which the dufus is the leader.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a person work for a hotel and work for the builder of the same hotel [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend was hired at a local hotel as maintenance. Subsequently the same day he was also hired by the contracted builder of said hotel. The contractor pays him a straight rate of 75.00 a day... the owner of the hotel pays him nothing.. telling him that its included with what the contractor is...

Don Henley sang Hotel California like it was a tijuana song. I saw this on TV. [ 1 Answers ]

Don Henley sang hotel California in a tijuana style on TV, where can I find acopy of the video?

Asking hotel permission to send our therapits to provide service in the hotel room [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I want to introduce our spa business to a hotel group and would like to put our brochure there. Further I want to send my staff to that hotel to provide room service, if the hotel clients needs the massage. how can I ask permission to the hotel management and to whom I have to write. I...

View more questions Search