Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngelicParadox Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
    POA and disclosure of funds
    Hi there.

I am not familiar with what exactly a POA can do prior to and at the time of death for the person they are representing.

For example, I have heard different stories as to what my mothers assets were at the time of her death. The one sister has had POA for quite sometime and was listed on one or more, but not all of my mother's bank accounts.

I DO know, the day after my mother died sis could not get into mom's savings to pay for the funeral, but was able to cash in one of her CD's to pay for the funeral. We do not know how much she withdrew, and is it possible that she took out much more than we know?

So I guess my question is: Will all withdrawals after my mother's death have to be disclosed to all other heirs, and if so can we request such without using an attorney? When Sis started spieling out about her executor status, my oldest brother reminded her that her executrix status could be taken away from her if she did not fairly represent all parties involved. Hopefully the mere mention of that put her on the right path.

Basically we are concerned that the day after mom's death she may have taken a large sum of money out and transferred it into her own account. As POA can she do that legally since her name was also on that account AS POA? Keep in mind... this was the day after mom passed away.

Thank you in advance
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicParadox
    So I guess my question is: Will all withdrawals after my mother's death have to be disclosed to all other heirs, and if so can we request such without using an attorney?
    Hello A:

You are asking the wrong questions!

The bottom line is, NO your sister can't steal, and YES you can make all the requests you want. But, if she's going to steal it, making requests ISN'T the way to stop her.

You need a lawyer - TODAY. Otherwise, kiss the money goodbye.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get CAF number for POA? [ 10 Answers ]

I had filed 2 tax returns for my friends. They received their Refund check. How can I get CAF number for form 2848? When I filed the returns I entered NONE in the space. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you

Removing blue grass (Poa annua) from lawn [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am working in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, and I am currently looking more than 100000sq meter lawn (Bermuda grass: Cynodon dactylon). My problem is the weed, Poa annua commonly called blue grass. Can any one suggest me for some specific week killer which kill only the weeds not the...

Home disclosure statement [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a home 7 years & I have now found out that the owner at that time did not disclose that he had foundation work done on the home, I now have 5000.00 worth of foundation work to be done possibly due to the previous owner not doning a complete job when he had ram jack out to do some repair...

Poa and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a POA for a relative, can you file bankruptcy for them - in order to wipe out all of their bad debts?

Poa [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have links to a site that offers free ( FREE) downloads for Power of Attorney forms Thanks

View more questions Search