Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bootyhunter69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2020, 11:16 PM
    Shower drain to toilet
    What is the proper fitting to connect shower drain to toilet drain. Will a ty sweep90 work?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 14, 2020, 05:59 AM
    Yes, you can use a TY sweep 90

You can also use a wye fitting and use 90s or 45s off the wye, or you can use a combination wye 1/8th fitting.

How are you VENTING the shower?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you connect shower drain below toilet drain on main stack [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower and vanity. Need to know if I can connect them to main Stack below where toilet and bathtub are connected on main pipe.

I have a side mount toilet with drain set up I want to add shower to drain what do I [ 1 Answers ]

I already have a toilet and drain system in the bacement and I want to add a shower, all the drain pipes are on top of the floor about 1" off the floor what do I do to tap into that drain, can I use it or not

New Shower was connected to Toilet drain and now we get smell from shower drain. [ 1 Answers ]

Used baking soda a vinegar to clean drain, but smell continues to be present. Read that I should have the air vent checked to see if it's clogged, but I get no smell from the other shower leading me to think it's just the gas backing up from the pipes. Also, how does an air vent get clogged? ...

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

View more questions Search