Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aditya999 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2020, 05:45 PM
    Household income for applying through Covered California
    My mom lives with me in the same house but does not file taxes since her income is below $25000 and she is 65+ and widow. I don't claim her as a dependent in my taxes either. Is she eligible for receiving financial subsidy under the Covered California program? The Covered CA website says total income of the household is used to determine that but I also heard household means just tax household so household size for her will be 1 and not 2 so only her income (which is less than $25000) will be used to check if she qualifies.

Is there any link that clearly articulates or defines what a household means for the purposes of the Covered CA application and if my income will also be added to my mom's income to decide if she qualifies for subsidy? I currently have medical insurance through my job.

Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

In Oregon is it Household Income or Income of Parent when determining Child Support [ 1 Answers ]

In the State of Oregon is it Household Income or Individual Income when determining whether Child Support Payments should be eliminated, I remarried but my new husband does not pay for any of my children's education or expenses from my previous marriage?

How is the household debt to income ratio calculated in the flow of funds? [ 0 Answers ]

In the Federal flow of funds report, the household debt and income is reported and in calculating the household debt to income ratio, it seems that mortgage debt is included. If this is the case, wouldn't the ratio be very high, assuming the average homeowner's mortgage is significantly higher...

California Income Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and kids live in California and she works there, I live in California about 100 days a year and Nevada and overseas for the rest of the year. None of my income is derived from activity in California , do I pay tax on my income?

I moved from Hawaii to California in 2008 with half my household furniture.I deducted [ 1 Answers ]

The moving expense for 2008. In 2009, I moved the rest of my household furniture from Hawaii. How do I go about asking for deduction for moving again in 2009. I have been a California resident for the entire 2009 year.

Building a covered deck above a covered front porch [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to improve the curb appeal and usefulness of our hangar home. We are planning to have a deck built above the covered front porch, and will replace the double windows (the set on the left on the 2nd floor in the front view) with French doors. Because this faces south and we are in...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.