Ask
    Melissa860 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2020, 02:21 PM
    Nursing burnout
    Feeling burned out at work. Should I change jobs
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 03:35 PM
    Slow down take a break, tell your doctor. have an idea why you're burned out? What's to stop another jobs from burning you out? Maybe they have a less stressful duty you could perform.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 04:29 PM
    There are many variations on nursing. You don't have to work with patients directly. If you want to stay in that field, go to your public library to look at the Occupational Outlook Handbook (ask a reference librarian for help if you can't find it) and check the section on nursing jobs. The librarian will probably have other sources for you to check. If you can't get anywhere, please come back here and look for me. I'll help you as much as I can.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 06:54 PM
    Nurse burnout is real. Very real with all of the changes in healthcare in recent years. What kind of nursing do you do? (I’m a labor & delivery nurse). Why do you feel burned out?

We don’t know you or your circumstances, so we really can’t tell you whether or not to change jobs without you giving us any kind of background.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2020, 04:03 PM
    A friend sent this to me recently. I hope it will help.

About NURSES: Somebody asked: "You're a nurse? That's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. How much do you make?"

The nurse replied: "HOW MUCH DO I MAKE?" ... I can make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared. ... I can make your child breathe when they stop. ... I can help your father survive a heart attack. ... I can make myself get up at 5 a.m. to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live.

I work all day to save the lives of strangers. ... I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of. ... I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your wife today is charted. ... I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday thru Friday.

Today, I might save your life. ... How much do I make? All I know is, I make a difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filter change after an acit burnout [ 1 Answers ]

I have asked a AC hotshot contactor this and he claims just giving it a load of acidaway is good enough and is is not needed to change both the suction and liquid line filter

Gas plane burnout scale gsw rc club [ 6 Answers ]

How do people avoid gas scale rc plane burnout if its just up down left and right for the controls at the gsw rc club? Nothing else is allowed there. Is that worhwhile after 20 years of the same thing? They all look the same basically.

Signs of Job Burnout [ 3 Answers ]

Signs of Job Burnout You're so tired, you now answer the phone with, "Go to @!&L." Your friends call to ask how you've been, and you scream, "Stop asking me all these @!&N questions!" Your garbage can is your "IN" box. You wake up to discover your house is on fire, but go back to sleep...

View more questions Search