Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2020, 05:18 PM
    If Tom and Vac are right it's a shame a few idiots could endanger so many millions.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2020, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If Tom and Vac are right it's a shame a few idiots could endanger so many millions.
    who knows why they do it, some are kids with fireworks, some are stupid people off the land who think they know how to control fire, some are malicious, some opportunistic, but they are all idiots and I hope a special place in hell is reserved for them
    Expert

Jan 8, 2020, 03:00 AM
    I'd settle for jail, restitution, and hard labor in a forrest, jungle or swamp.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 05:06 AM
    I'd settle for jail, restitution, and hard labor in a forrest, jungle or swamp.
    You feint hearted lliberal, you
    Expert

Jan 8, 2020, 08:40 AM
    Okay give me 10 minutes alone with the stupid b@stards.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2020, 12:23 PM
    Talaniman: You can get a lot of "work" done in 10 minutes! Problem is, that kind of "work" would have been the only solution required if you could have caught them when they were pups...when they get older, the sickness is too well engrained! Pyromaniacs are truly psychologically unredeemable people, sad but true.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 01:36 PM
    There are a number of such afflictions upon the human race
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 04:17 PM
    arson is one issue land mismanagement is the other biggie ..
    https://audioboom.com/posts/7472516-...oreign-affairs
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    arson is one issue land mismanagement is the other biggie ..
    https://audioboom.com/posts/7472516-...oreign-affairs
    Hi Tom, not sure what you are getting at. Fires have been a feature of that part of Australia for a long time. They are very prevalent in Victoria with a number of the worst outbreaks located there. Australia has a large number of national parks and state forests many in very inaccessible areas. These days Australia also has obligations to manage CO2 emissions and burning off releases emissions
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 04:33 PM
    control fires create fire breaks which in turn control wild fires and make them manageable .The envirowackos put a stop to that much like the idiots here prevent the clearing of underbrush and forestry management
    Did you listen to the interview with Gregory Copley ? It is informative .
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    control fires create fire breaks which in turn control wild fires and make them manageable .The envirowackos put a stop to that much like the idiots here prevent the clearing of underbrush and forestry management
    Did you listen to the interview with Gregory Copley ? It is informative .
    It is informative only to those that don't live here, commenting about Melbourne is talking about a microcosm, Canberra, the national capital has the worst air quality in the world at the moment, so you can expect federal politicians to be very focused on the problem, I consider it poetic justice as that city is a haven for "liberals" and greens who have exacerbated the problem. Make no mistake this is a weather created problem, something that wasn't mentioned. The drought has left many areas parched and tinder dry. This weather problem is not driven by climate change but the interaction of three southern hemisphere weather systems. The el Nino system, the Indian ocean dipole and the southern ocean oscillation and they have combined to create dry hot conditions this season.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...f144c6902d36dc

What is happening is on a continent-wide scale, so talks of fire breaks are local management issues. Ember attacks during these events make fire breaks redundant. I have said before, some communities have rediculous vegetation management issues, tree preservation orders and so forth but it is a resourcing issue, there are not enough firefighting resources when you have events on this scale. You need multiple appliances a property and there wouldn't even be one a property
    Expert

Jan 8, 2020, 11:01 PM
    All you can do is learn from the experience and do better next time Clete. You already know that excuses don't work.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2020, 02:50 AM
    All you can do is learn from the experience and do better next time Clete. You already know that excuses don't work.
    Not making excuses Tal, I don't expect these events to be visited on the nation again any time soon but we still have maybe two months of this fire season to go, once more unto the breach, dear friends or is that once more unto the beach, dear friends
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2020, 06:16 AM
    Just read that the Australian fires killed well over a billion animals: I expect that the Dingos weren't among those numbers and their population will probably benefit from the fires in a weird "Unnatural" balance.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2020, 07:06 AM
    When your fire season is over, ours will begin except in certain regions, and for many that's tornado season.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2020, 01:54 PM
    When your fire season is over, ours will begin except in certain regions, and for many that's tornado season.

Yes Tal I get it you have natural disasters too, You have hurricane season, you have tornado season and our cyclone season has begun with two cyclones
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2020, 12:48 PM
    Tal ;we have chaparral that no longer gets cleared from the fire zones ….they have the same problem with eucalyptus trees . Fires happen .That is natural .If left to their own they will burn until they burn out. OR humans can manage it .
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2020, 02:03 PM
    Yes the trees are native and the forests vast but there is also scrub which burns hot and quick, rain will supress the fires, until the weather moderates we have to defend the towns any thought of getting ahead of the game is fanciful
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 03:13 AM
    Yes Mother Nature has always been here, but it costs humans MONEY to deal with her and even more to manage whatever she decides to do. I mean who's paying for those volunteers and the equipment they use? You are feeding them right? How about paying for clearing the brush when it's NOT burning?

Everything humans do has a cost to it, and Mother Nature can make it go up in smoke rather quickly.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2020, 05:14 AM
    Yes Mother Nature has always been here, but it costs humans MONEY to deal with her and even more to manage whatever she decides to do. I mean who's paying for those volunteers and the equipment they use? You are feeding them right? How about paying for clearing the brush when it's NOT burning?

Everything humans do has a cost to it, and Mother Nature can make it go up in smoke rather quickly.
    Noone pays our volunteers Tal they are volunteers who offer their service willingly, they don't seek reward but our government has arranged a grant to those who have been engaged in the fight for a certain time. the equipment is provided by government and sometimes public donation. as to clearing interesting thought but I expect our leftists would be opposed and hold up proceedings with more useless demonstrations

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fumes from gas fires other than CO? [ 0 Answers ]

We have a gas fire which is also a back boiler I cannot identify the odour but something is making me cough badly. I am a coughing allergic asthmatic and normally know exactly what is making me cough. Whatever it is is closing down my lungs and making my eyes sting sometimes I think sulphur but is...

Fumes from Gas Fires [ 0 Answers ]

How can I check that there is sufficient draught suction up the flue to remove all unwanted fumes from ValorDream Model 750 Insrt Live Fuel Effect Gas Fire. Thanks

89 CRX fires won't run? [ 3 Answers ]

I am working on a friends 89 CRX. Initially the starter went out but in the course of replacing it I found the ground wire had burned off the battery to core support and the valve cover to the core support. I replaced these wires. Now the car fires but will not start. The fuel pump has 60 lbs of...

Gas fires [ 1 Answers ]

My gas fire lights then goes out and won't come back on

Only fires on one plug [ 1 Answers ]

Please help I have a 16hp briggs&straton vanguard v twin It is only firing on one cylinder I have no spark on the one side I have changed both magneto and still no spark. I don't know what to check now. Please help me out Thanks Bob

View more questions Search