Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 07:16 AM
    Demonstrations are hardly useless when it accomplishes the goal of stopping you. Yes I have watched those donations come in from all over the world, and that's a help to the budgets I know, but that makes my point of somebody has to pay for surviving Mother Nature, since it seems to expensive for even the worlds best economies.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2020, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Demonstrations are hardly useless when it accomplishes the goal of stopping you. Yes I have watched those donations come in from all over the world, and that's a help to the budgets I know, but that makes my point of somebody has to pay for surviving Mother Nature, since it seems to expensive for even the worlds best economies.
    Let us start with the lefties who started the problem in the first place, they should pay the higher taxes they want. You think we should listen to rabid university students who want to demonstrate and shout insults instead of doing something practical to help. Do they stop driving their cars? Drinking their bottled water? Wasting energy travelling to demonstrations? We are being condemned for a northern hemisphere problem. The whole southern hemisphere contributes only a small percentage of so called emissions so even if we achieved 0 emissions immediately it would do nothing to solve this so called crisis.

Wake up, you are being scammed!
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 02:52 PM
    Acheiving emission targets Clete, means you have raised efficiency, burn clean, with less waste and save money with developing alternative energy sources. That's no scam that's a benefit. If your neighbors don't do it then they will pay a higher cost for energy, and wear silly looking useless paper masks. It's that simple. What did you think was meant?
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2020, 06:36 PM
    Acheiving emission targets Clete, means you have raised efficiency, burn clean, with less waste and save money with developing alternative energy sources. That's no scam that's a benefit. If your neighbors don't do it then they will pay a higher cost for energy, and wear silly looking useless paper masks. It's that simple. What did you think was meant?
    Nonsense, there are millions of rooftops in this nation and maybe yours, which have solar panels. Is this efficient? These panels will last maybe 20 years and will have to be replaced, "renewable" has a different meaning in this context, so my nation meets its targets by having individuals invest in power generation instead of the more efficient method of a power station with a longer life. the scam lies in convincing the householder that this is a worthwhile investment by using the mirage that their power costs have reduced. All they have done is moved the cost from one provider to another. from the utility company to the financier. the same with wind which is not a reliable source but an intermittent generator. Is it renewable? yes you will be replacing these assets
    Expert

Jan 12, 2020, 03:32 AM
    No different than buying a new car, washing machine, glasses, or any other necessity or luxury. The great news for both our countries is you can chop wood for the fireplace and make your own candles if you want nothing to do with the new fangled stuff and feed your horse organic hay if you choose. Maybe technology will have advanced to better solar panels by then.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2020, 07:08 PM
    No different than buying a new car, washing machine, glasses, or any other necessity or luxury. The great news for both our countries is you can chop wood for the fireplace and make your own candles if you want nothing to do with the new fangled stuff and feed your horse organic hay if you choose. Maybe technology will have advanced to better solar panels by then.
    The question isn't whether we will have more efficient solar panels, I am an investor in a company which is developing a paint which will convert every building into a generator without the need for bulky panels, this does not overcome the problem of what to do at night or the problem that the not invented here syndrome is very evident.

You and I don't want to go back to the stone age Tal, life is very hard foraging for food
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2020, 02:51 PM
    Thank you for your concern, please know that we have had wide spread rain and violent storms over the area affected by bushfire and so the emergency appears to be over now the lives that have been disrupted may get back to normal sometime in the future. the media regale us with sad tales of those with shattered lives and lament the damage brought by the storms
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2020, 04:11 PM
    Public disgrace
    Apparently charities have reaped millions of dollars out of bush fire appeals and have not distributed the money, the Red Cross even admitting only 30% has been distributed. When the public contribute to appeals they expect the donations to directly benefit those affected, not be salted away in the coffers of large charities, but there are thousands desperately in need of help and bureaucracy has taken over, this isn't only in Charitable circles, but government assistance has been slow also with only a trickle of the funds made available catually reaching victims

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-...again/11892062

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...8451ad1df0cc8d
    Expert

Jan 22, 2020, 07:39 PM
    You sound more like us every day Clete. Me thinks you have arrived at the reality of buearocratic red tape. It's a huge job though finding victims and assessing their just due.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2020, 09:17 PM
    You sound more like us every day Clete. Me thinks you have arrived at the reality of buearocratic red tape. It's a huge job though finding victims and assessing their just due.
    It is not hard to find them, they are not thin on the ground, extra resources have been put into the regions and yet, crossing the T's and doting the I's is the order of the day and these charities have the effrontery to say they are holding back the money to help later. The need is now, when people have no homes.\

Every resident in these regions is affected and there is enough private donations to give a grant to every person of $200 without red tape and still have more to give. For example; my son has to take handiman jobs to make ends meet, his business is affected and his wife is on short shifts. No power, no telephone and the charities are waiting for needs in the future. load of crap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fumes from gas fires other than CO? [ 0 Answers ]

We have a gas fire which is also a back boiler I cannot identify the odour but something is making me cough badly. I am a coughing allergic asthmatic and normally know exactly what is making me cough. Whatever it is is closing down my lungs and making my eyes sting sometimes I think sulphur but is...

Fumes from Gas Fires [ 0 Answers ]

How can I check that there is sufficient draught suction up the flue to remove all unwanted fumes from ValorDream Model 750 Insrt Live Fuel Effect Gas Fire. Thanks

89 CRX fires won't run? [ 3 Answers ]

I am working on a friends 89 CRX. Initially the starter went out but in the course of replacing it I found the ground wire had burned off the battery to core support and the valve cover to the core support. I replaced these wires. Now the car fires but will not start. The fuel pump has 60 lbs of...

Gas fires [ 1 Answers ]

My gas fire lights then goes out and won't come back on

Only fires on one plug [ 1 Answers ]

Please help I have a 16hp briggs&straton vanguard v twin It is only firing on one cylinder I have no spark on the one side I have changed both magneto and still no spark. I don't know what to check now. Please help me out Thanks Bob

View more questions Search