Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2019, 12:26 PM
    Signing Into YouTube..
    Christmas Gift was Hewlett Packard Laptop with Windows 10 installed.. Previous was an iPad 2 so learning the Ins and Outs of a Laptop all over again.. What my Query is Logging into YouTube, I Have both a Google Email Acct & YouTube Acct. When I bring up the YouTube Page the main page automatically acknowledges me, But when I try to access the Subscribed To Page I have to Log In everytime with Username & Password ?? Never had to do this on my iPad.. Is there a shortcut or a way I can go direct with out having to Sign In ?? Advice Appreciated, Cheers Thanks..
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2020, 05:58 AM
    Chances are, that the Google sign in is knocking out the YouTube sign in through cookies or something.

They both use the same login information in the browser, and you have 2 competing accounts, where as with the iPad you were using 2 separate applications to login to 2 separate services (YouTube and Gmail).

You could setup an email program like eM client or Thunderbird to handle the email exclusively. Then logout of all Google services in the browser, clear cookies, sign into YouTube or Google with your YouTube credentials, and you would be set.

Alternatively, you could download myTube (paid) or winTube (free) from the Microsoft store and use that to handle YouTube and the browser to handle Gmail.

You can use both email client and YouTube client simultaneously as well.

There are instructions to link 2 separate accounts below, that would allow content from either account login to be the same, but I'm not sure if it will solve your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-to-merge-two-YouTube-accounts
    Instructions

Log in to YouTube using your Google account credentials. Click "Account Settings," then click "Manage Account."

Select "Change Google Accounts" from the "Change Which Google Account is Linked to This Account" pane. Enter the image verification string, then click "Unlink My Accounts" to unlink the YouTube account from your existing account.

Input the username and password for the new Google account with which you want to link your YouTube account, enter the image verification string, and click "Link My Accounts."

Doing so merges content from the YouTube channels together, allowing subscribers and friends from both channels to view all the content via the same interface.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2020, 09:35 PM
    Updated post for links and clarity. Also fixed typos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

YouTube [ 5 Answers ]

I Want To Create My Youtube Channel For Debating That Is To Entertain As Well As Spread Knowledge On A Regular Basis.There Are No Such Channels. What Should Be The First Topic?

How do I get myself on YouTube [ 2 Answers ]

I am talent.

Youtube Name [ 1 Answers ]

I have just actually decided to get a YouTube account! - Me and my friend live down the road from Smosh and we have been in some of their videos on YouTube - I am not kidding :D... Ian told us - he thinks we are funny - And we should make some videos - Problem is I can't think of a name for my...

View more questions Search