Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curtishodges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2019, 07:19 AM
    Low water pressure
    I have had low pressure for quite awhile. I have replaced everything but the well pump. No water will go into new pressure tank. Pressure gauge goes to 20 lbs does not shut off well runs continuously. If the air pressure in tank is set at 28 lbs and the pump is only pumping 20 lbs then seems to reason why it want got in the tank. I’m guessing I need to pull my pump out?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2019, 04:27 PM
    If by replacing everything but the pump means you have changed the inlet pump filter then that's likely. The filter is the first thing to check or replace when you have low pressure conditions and it may even be an obstruction or bad check valve causing this problem.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2019, 04:53 PM
    Is this pump above ground or in the well? Your description sounds like it's in the well. If so, then how old is the pump? How far down is it?

The pressure in the tank has nothing to do with preventing water from entering. Worst case scenario is the pump is worn out and just can't deliver pressure. Could be leaking well pipe but that's unlikely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub hot water pressure drop within minutes, shower hot water pressure no problems. [ 2 Answers ]

American Standard, I believe 1032 approximately 7 years old. Cartridge was replaced after 'hammering' started, no more hammering but... When the shower is running fully open, comfortably hot temp, there are no pressure issues; however when the tub component is utilized the water pressure will...

Kohler K-304-K valve has plenty of cold water pressure, but no hot water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

So I just installed a K-304-k into a house. The house has been vacant for about 15 months now, so no one has been using the water. I came in and replaced the valve, and closed up the wall. I installed all the fixtures, and sure enough, no hot water. It comes out in a slow trickle. Here are...

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

Hot water pressure down in spite of strong cold water pressure. [ 0 Answers ]

I have already cleaned the Megaflo cold water valve unit. The Megaflo Heatrae Sadia is only 3/5 years old. What should I do?

View more questions Search