Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ODLAB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 06:31 PM
    CDL Driver hunting an OTR job
    I am a convicted felon (Obtaining property by false pretense) (BAD CHECKS) and I an seeking to continue my LEGAL career as a CDL OTR driver, does anyone have a clue who might perhaps hire me? I'm an excellent driver w/ a clean North Carolina DMV Report.
    lge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ODLAB
    I am a convicted felon (Obtaining property by false pretense) (BAD CHECKS) and I an seeking to continue my LEGAL career as a CDL OTR driver, does anyone have a clue who might perhaps hire me? I'm an excellent driver w/ a clean North Carolina DMV Report.
    If you lived in California, I would recommend Saia Trucking. I don't know if they have a terminal in North Carolina.
    dflak Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 28, 2007, 02:20 PM
    If you are in central North Carolina, I advise the following.

Go to the library and ask for a publication called The Business Journal (or check out www.triad.bizjournals.com). Look for the April 27 - May 3, 2007 issue. Page 33 of this issue has a listing of the 25 largest freight-hauling companies in the Triad complete with company statistics, points of contact and addresses.

Dress up nice, put your professional self on, and go knock on a couple (or 25) doors. I would recommend a personal visit; it shows that you are serious about working there. Maybe you will get no further than leaving a resume with the receptionist, but you only need 1 out of 25 to be responsive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job hunting at 47 [ 2 Answers ]

I live in CT and have some problems in my job search. How do you combat issues such as: I took 8 yrs off from FT work to work only PT jobs to raise family (I worked consistently for 13 yrs prior) & then, after a divorce in 2000, was unemployed for 1 1/2 yrs (God only knows how I survived that) due...

View more questions Search