Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tity Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2019, 02:10 PM
    Another signature to identify.
    Hello,

... can anyone help me identifying the artist with this signature?

Name:  DS.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  499.2 KB
    Name:  DS1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  502.5 KB
    Name:  DS2.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  443.0 KB

Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 14, 2019, 03:38 PM
    RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man, the clerk of Sampson Brass, a scheming lawyer, often found time hanging heavily on his hands; and for the better preservation of his cheerfulness therefore, and to prevent his faculties from rusting, he provided himself with a cribbage-board and pack of cards, and accustomed himself to play at cribbage with a dummy, for twenty, thirty, or sometimes even fifty thousand pounds a side, besides many hazardous bets to a considerable amount.

http://www.online-literature.com/dic...t-children/11/

The character is in one of Dickens' novels. Take the print to an art store for artist identification.
    Tity Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2019, 12:50 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'll do as you advised me, still, maybe someone here could help me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2019, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tity View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'll do as you advised me, still, maybe someone here could help me.
    There's NO artist signature. "Swiveller" is the Dickens' character pictured. The artist used only his initials.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help Identify Signature [ 2 Answers ]

Bought this painting at auction and was told it was brought here from France or thereabouts. Appears quite old. Oil on canvas. Cannot read signature. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please help identify an art signature [ 4 Answers ]

This is a signature on an oil on canvas. It's a forest landscape. Seems like it is somewhat similar to J.C. Leyendecker but I sure it's not his. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you please help me identify this signature [ 0 Answers ]

This is an old oil on canvas painting. It was stretched and nailed down. It has a very faint stamp on the back that is not legible. I cannot read the signature, and I am hoping someone can identify it for me. Thanks

View more questions Search