Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2019, 05:52 AM
    I don't care what you get JL, but why whine about it, just don't take it if it's so bad. What, do the feds hold a gun to your head and make you take the money? LOL, it's crazy hollering about people taking YOUR money while you take theirs.
    Yeah. I can tell you don't care by all of the complaining you do about it. Do you people in Texas turn down fed money? When you do, then you can come over here and tell us how you liked it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 08:37 AM
    It's our money, we pay more into the system than we take out so it's not like we are taking YOUR money.
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2019, 08:43 AM
    It's our money, we pay more into the system than we take out so it's not like we are taking YOUR money.
    Then vote for people who will help you keep it. I'm with you on that. I'd love to see a smaller fed govt that doesn't pass out welfare benefits like candy on Halloween.

Hey Tal, a little change of subject. Saw this ad on Facebook. Why would anyone want to pay 13 bucks for a receptacle? What's the advantage with this one?

https://www.emisupply.com/catalog/le...U#.XfuaIuhKjIU

Why would someone buy that as opposed to this?

https://www.homelectrical.com/15-amp...re01asw.1.html
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 08:55 AM
    The economic realities of a growing aging population has certainly changed the traditional thinking and conditions of all of us. Especially younsters just getting their feet wet, but still prices rising faster than wages is going to be the primary challenge even with some states stepping in and raising their MW's it's just passed on to consumers and 3% wage growth just ain't going to cut it.

Found this at my FAVORITE store to compare product prices.
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2019, 09:00 AM
    3% wage growth works fine when inflation is at its current 2.5%.

I know they have different prices. I just wonder why anyone would pay 13 dollars, or even 6 dollars, for a receptacle when you can buy them all day long for a buck and a half. It must have some glaring advantage or feature that I'm not seeing.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 09:39 AM
    I have to disagree when inflation tends to wipe out the agregate buying power of any wage growth and while it's better than 0, .50 doesn't get your household budget very far.

You know, what a contractor and a DYI'er buy are vastly different because of who can pay for it and the overall view of the project, and the budget, or PROFITS. Me, I'm cheap when I do the work for ME. 8D
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2019, 09:52 AM
    I have to disagree when inflation tends to wipe out the agregate buying power of any wage growth
    Well, that was kind of the whole point. When wages grow faster than inflation, then your buying power actually is increasing, not decreasing.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 10:27 AM
    Unfortunately 50cents extra don't help me pay my winter heating bill as a practical matter, but better than NOTHING? Just trying to keep a positive attitude.
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2019, 10:47 AM
    Roger that.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 03:22 PM
    Just an honest question does the UK losing the EU as a trading partner cost them money?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2019, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Just an honest question does the UK losing the EU as a trading partner cost them money?
    They haven't lost them as a trading partner, the customs union stays in place for at least a year while a trade pact is negotiated, what they have gained is new or old trading partners they abandoned in the rush to join the Europen utopia
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2019, 04:34 PM
    And greater freedom.
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 05:38 PM
    Seems they have lost the economic benefits that trading with EU members afforded them, or will lose them soon.
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2019, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And greater freedom.
    yes that is what it is about, trade will happen anyway
    Expert

Dec 19, 2019, 08:31 PM
    Social issues rile us up here too!
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2019, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Social issues rile us up here too!
    You are not as riled about immigration as they are
    Expert

Dec 20, 2019, 06:59 AM
    Desperate and hopeful brown men women and children are no threat to me, and some of my peeps have been through a lot of and even more cruel crap from those who are riled by the thought of sharing the lands with others different than them. They are but the latest targets of fear and hate, not that they now like the past objects of their fear and hate. That struggle still rages.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2019, 06:00 AM
    You must be up to your ears in them and my son just told me he wants to move to Texas, seems he thinks you are free over there, free to do what?
    Expert

Dec 21, 2019, 07:12 AM
    Not really Clete that's just the anti immigrant hype. The brown people have been going back and forth for centuries and so have we here in America. Shame spending OPM on a stupid wall. I said the same thing about the fence way back in the day, just to make a few white people feel better about themselves.

Tell your son if he isn't a racist hater the he will enjoy as much freedom if not more than anywhere on the planet. Free to do what you ask? Freedom to pursue his own happiness.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2019, 03:00 PM
    He is free to do that here, he just isn't allowed to shout hate in someoneelse's face

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something we never thought a conservative government would do [ 5 Answers ]

At least not voluntarily Banking Royal Commission: Malcolm Turnbull announces inquiry We are going to have an inquiry into the practices of banks. There has long been a stink about the financial services industry with the banks being forced to compensate cheated customers and remove certain...

Conservative vs. Liberals [ 3 Answers ]

What is the basic difference between conservatives and liberals? Why do we see things so differently? I am posting here although the subject could be in the philosophy thread or the religion thread as it touches all of them. I am going to throw something out there for you to kick around. Of...

Conservative energy plan [ 20 Answers ]

My question is this: Why do conservatives take such a pessimistic approach when it comes to developing clean renewable energy? The problem I have with conservatives is that they claim patriotism but the things they promote makes me think don't have faith that we can figure this problem out. I...

Is McCain a 'modern' conservative? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it any wonder that the 'base' distrusts him? The Curious Mind of John McCain

Liberal to conservative, just like that! [ 33 Answers ]

It was years ago that I first heard this little story, and I just heard it re-told today, a little different of course, but the meaning still hit as hard as it did the first time I heard it. I just wonder what anyone's opinion of the story might be: A man was attending dinner at a friends...

View more questions Search