Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2019, 05:06 PM
    The worm has turned or is it the screw?
    At last, a conservative government somewhere is going to turf out those leftist leaning public servants. I know public servants are supposed to be apolitical but reality tells us they are not. in the wake of the failed robodebt system something had to give, and here it is, heads rolling all across the public service and it couldn't happen in a nicer place

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...sters/11775144
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 02:47 AM
    I fail to see how purging the corrupt liberals and replacing them with corrupt conservatives helps you Aussies.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2019, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I fail to see how purging the corrupt liberals and replacing them with corrupt conservatives helps you Aussies.
    Well if you get rid of subversion in high places things change. If you get rid of stubborn resistance to change, things change. If you get rid of over reliance on technology, things change and if you get rid of a leftist agenda, things change. first we got rid of Turncoat and things changed, now some of the agenda he espoused will be reversed
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 06:17 AM
    Same here Clete, get rid of the libs and the conservatives are happy cause they get to do righty stuff until the next purge cycle.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2019, 01:31 PM
    Excepting Tal this time the broom is sweeping the crap out
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 04:03 PM
    Looks like the same old corrupt conservatives like last time you guys purged the lefties.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2019, 04:48 PM
    Looks like the same old corrupt conservatives like last time you guys purged the lefties.
    No, our electoral system ensures a fresh crop often, gone are the days of Little John, the budgee-smuggler and Turncoat and the lefties are looking sad. Albo no longer sings the Party tune, but we have a few leftover lefties we will let you have cheap, it will increase the IQ of both countries
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 05:46 PM
    That's sounds great a new crop of corrupt politicians, but keep your old ones as we have plenty already, always waiting for the next election. Fortunately we have a lot of retirements this cycle so a new face is almost a certainty here, and enough loonies to make IQ's null and void, if not totally useless. This is the longest silly season I think I've ever endured and the circus promises to never leave town, exhausting my taste for white cheddar popcorn.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2019, 06:49 PM
    That's sounds great a new crop of corrupt politicians, but keep your old ones as we have plenty already, always waiting for the next election. Fortunately we have a lot of retirements this cycle so a new face is almost a certainty here, and enough loonies to make IQ's null and void, if not totally useless. This is the longest silly season I think I've ever endured and the circus promises to never leave town, exhausting my taste for white cheddar popcorn.
    I understand, sometimes you think it will never end, but with a prima donna in the WH, what can you expect. Now if we stood a few journos against the wall maybe the media will settle down and report the news instead of the ravings
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 05:26 AM
    Let Vlad and the dictator types do the dastardly deeds though I can understand the sentiments but we all know there is life after the dufus, just have to endure until we get there.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2019, 08:55 AM
    Talaniman: If you can hold your breath and endure it five more years, you'll have outlived Trump's Presidency....of course, by then, the SCOTUS will be filled with Right minded people and there will be no way to circumvent that obstacle, its insurmountable.

I'll never forget the look of shear horror, fear, and frustration on the faces of the little snowflakes when they found out Trump won the election: PRICELESS! And that was BEFORE the Russia Investigation or the Impeachment Inquiry: They must be torn up inside at this moment.

This is why we need a 3rd Party in the U.S.: Its like going to a Seafood Restaurant and ordering steak...yes, it will look like a steak but it will smell and taste liked seafood.....A 3rd Party will be the tie-breaker and will make the difference be same old same old and a new direction.
    Expert

Dec 9, 2019, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: If you can hold your breath and endure it five more years, you'll have outlived Trump's Presidency....of course, by then, the SCOTUS will be filled with Right minded people and there will be no way to circumvent that obstacle, its insurmountable.
    I have survived every president no matter what they did and chances are I will survive this one too. Judges don't mean squat when they are charged with the rule of law and if they step across that line they will get removed for cause. That's the way it works, so a judges politics is irrelevant to me. Not so much on the right though and it's an excuse to allow a lying cheating dufus in the WH to enforce their right wing agenda they think. Like the majority of America will allow that!

We'll see!

I'll never forget the look of shear horror, fear, and frustration on the faces of the little snowflakes when they found out Trump won the election: PRICELESS! And that was BEFORE the Russia Investigation or the Impeachment Inquiry: They must be torn up inside at this moment.
    That we could put a lying cheating dufus in the WH was and is unthinkable, yet happened, and maybe that reality will get everybody to exercise their right to vote. That's the lesson to be learned from 2016.

This is why we need a 3rd Party in the U.S.: Its like going to a Seafood Restaurant and ordering steak...yes, it will look like a steak but it will smell and taste liked seafood.....A 3rd Party will be the tie-breaker and will make the difference be same old same old and a new direction.
    I ain't holding my breathe while you guys look for someone to fill that bill. That may take an awful long time and something that may not happen in my lifetime, or yours, so I suggest you not hold your breath either. You'll be blue before you get older.

Not a good look!
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2019, 05:17 PM
    We'll see!

That we could put a lying cheating dufus in the WH was and is unthinkable, yet happened, and maybe that reality will get everybody to exercise their right to vote. That's the lesson to be learned from 2016.

Not a good look!
    You do know Tal there is one way to get everyone to exercise their right to vote, and that is what you do for every other omission, you fine them, not a big fine, but just enough to get their attention, and you know what happens, they all roll up to the polls. This means the silent majority get to express their wish, rather than get splinters in their bum sitting on the fence complaining about the outcome. This makes the politicians work because they know they have to convince the fence-sitters, which no amount of razzle-dazzle will do. The other thing you could do is have the government limit political contributions or just have the government fund the whole process removing the undue influence of big money. But NO!, you would never do these things and so you survive
    Expert

Dec 9, 2019, 05:34 PM
    I actually like your ideas Clete, and have to add more, shut the country down for election day, or even better expand electronic early voting. If you can securely buy shoes or move your money around with a smart phone why can't we vote that way? if rich guys have a super computer to fascilitate millions of tansactions a day, why can't we vote that way?

It's not like we can't do better, we obviously don't want too.

Dec 9, 2019, 06:49 PM
    Talaniman: If you are afraid of RUSSIAN interference in the U.S. Election Process, you should be afraid of ELECTRONIC VOTING: The an organized Russian crime syndicate, a few years ago, made a tremendous haul out of Kentucky bank through electronic accounts manipulation over a single weekend. Electronic Voting is not without risks.

Paraclete: Our LAWYERS would not let voting become compulsatory: They would come up with some lame arse excuse that it would "infringe" upon some idiot's Civil Rights. THE U.S. HAS TOO MANY LAWYERS: We need more common sense. The danger I see with Compulsatory Voting is that they could now come to understand WHO YOU VOTED FOR: Its none of their business.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2019, 06:58 PM
    Talaniman: If you are afraid of RUSSIAN interference in the U.S. Election Process, you should be afraid of ELECTRONIC VOTING: The an organized Russian crime syndicate, a few years ago, made a tremendous haul out of Kentucky bank through electronic accounts manipulation over a single weekend. Electronic Voting is not without risks.

Paraclete: Our LAWYERS would not let voting become compulsatory: They would come up with some lame arse excuse that it would "infringe" upon some idiot's Civil Rights. THE U.S. HAS TOO MANY LAWYERS: We need more common sense. The danger I see with Compulsatory Voting is that they could now come to understand WHO YOU VOTED FOR: Its none of their business.
    Vac, I understand with electronic voting that you could establish who an individual voted for, but not with compulsory voting, the ballot still remains secret, but, there are post vote surveys that can find that information if someone is willing to say. The question is always, do you want the rule of law or lawyers?

Dec 9, 2019, 08:05 PM
    Paraclete: I like the Rule Of Law......but detest lawyers: I call theirs a PARASITIC PROFESSION. Lawyers are responsible for a lot of misery in the United States. Right now, some of the biggest obstacles to industrial growth is red tape created by lawyers and the need to maintain incredibly high Insurance Policies to sustain inevitable suits that will be thrown against them by, none other than, lawyers. Lawyers have driven up medical costs, too.

Courts are there to "interpret" laws, not to make them. The purpose of lawyers almost universally on the side counter to American values.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2019, 09:00 PM
    Paraclete: I like the Rule Of Law......but detest lawyers: I call theirs a PARASITIC PROFESSION. Lawyers are responsible for a lot of misery in the United States. Right now, some of the biggest obstacles to industrial growth is red tape created by lawyers and the need to maintain incredibly high Insurance Policies to sustain inevitable suits that will be thrown against them by, none other than, lawyers. Lawyers have driven up medical costs, too.

Courts are there to "interpret" laws, not to make them. The purpose of lawyers almost universally on the side counter to American values.
    Well, of course, no doubt many bad things in your country were precipitated by lawyers, things like revolution, civil war, civil rights...............

Dec 10, 2019, 05:19 AM
    Paraclete: Precipitated by lawyers? No: Revolution - Taxation without Representation; Civil War - Separation of State from the Union; Civil Rights - Guarantees not fulfilled and nonviolent protests to affect those guarantees. LAWYERS have little to nothing to do with these parts of our history....Lawyers are an impedance, not facilitators to progress.....If you are looking for the way forward, don't look to lawyers.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2019, 05:23 AM
    Paraclete: Precipitated by lawyers? No: Revolution - Taxation without Representation; Civil War - Separation of State from the Union; Civil Rights - Guarantees not fulfilled and nonviolent protests to affect those guarantees. LAWYERS have little to nothing to do with these parts of our history....Lawyers are an impedance, not facilitators to progress.....If you are looking for the way forward, don't look to lawyers.
    Vac Lincoln was a lawyer, he could have allowed NC to have their little protest, I Never said they aided the process. Lawyers continually rewrite the constitution in the Supreme Court

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On Cartridge & Screw what is the size of the screw? [ 1 Answers ]

What size for cartridge screw part #RP0052 for a Glacier Bay model 67070-3004? Please advise! Jim

Screw holding shower faucet parts (not set screw) just spins. [ 2 Answers ]

Moen shower handle would spin without water coming on. Thought it cartridge so I replaced. When putting back together, the screw that holds the parts together under the handle is just spinning and I cant remove it.

Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. There is no low pressure or any other sign of airlock and cold water is of a normal quality but hot water looks dirty and fills like it has some particles in it. What the issue could be? And how it can be fixed?

Rusted brass screw with flat screw head for bathtub spout [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't get the brass head screw off because the brass is so soft that the screwdriver twists inside the head. The screwdriver is a flat head one. I got one side off but the other just keeps slipping off. Any ideas on how to deal with this particular problem? I sprayed WD 40 on there but...

97 toyota camry turned of while running or driving and never turned back on [ 1 Answers ]

The last thing I remember was the check engine light went off. When I try and turn it on it sounds like its going to turn on but doesn't. Its not the battery I know that for a fact.

View more questions Search