Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2020, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Be careful what you wish for because floods ain't much fun either. You need some rain though no doubt!
    haven't had a flood where I live for 15 years, If I get flooded we are all in trouble, but it is hard to keep a garden alive in this drought. I'm thinking of putting in artificial grass, my lawn is dead. was a time I didn't like rain but now I love it
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2020, 01:55 AM
    Didn't you say that about this 11 year fire cycle? Is there no lesson to learn from these events?
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2020, 02:01 PM
    Didn't you say that about this 11 year fire cycle? Is there no lesson to learn from these events?
    Yes the lesson to learn is to keep down the build up of tinder, scrub and rubbish. However that is just long enough for a new crop of do gooders to buy into fire prone areas and to start undoing common sense provisions. The city dwellers complain about air quality when burnoffs occur and as they are the most populous areas with the political muscle you can quess the outcome
    Expert

Jan 3, 2020, 04:03 PM
    Yes locals tend to flex their muscles and that's human I suppose, so maybe a better collection and a better disposal could help those who object to burn offs since that is an older option, but is it the only option?
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2020, 04:27 PM
    Yes locals tend to flex their muscles and that's human I suppose, so maybe a better collection and a better disposal could help those who object to burn offs since that is an older option, but is it the only option?
    Terrain is the big factor, the mountain range that runs along the eastern coast is rugged and inaccessible and this is where the fires take hold. As population expands more and more development pushes into these areas. Right now the big theat is to small towns and villages spread over a vast area. What is going on here is equivalent to the east coast of the US burning in area
    Expert

Jan 4, 2020, 02:42 AM
    Happens in California every year since I can remember, and it occurs to me that your current fires may be something you can expect a lot more often than just every 11 years. The debate over why and how seems futile when you look at it from the perspective of inevitable and recurring.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2020, 05:45 AM
    Happens in California every year since I can remember, and it occurs to me that your current fires may be something you can expect a lot more often than just every 11 years. The debate over why and how seems futile when you look at it from the perspective of inevitable and recurring.

Yes tal but we can blame on that climate change that started 12000 years ago
    Expert

Jan 4, 2020, 06:05 AM
    Were back at where we started then Clete and that's what to do about it? Nobody knows or wants to put money towards it either. I ain't got NONE, and it's enough to pay for the lights being on. The price of candles and batteries has also gone up!
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2020, 02:43 PM
    Were back at where we started then Clete and that's what to do about it? Nobody knows or wants to put money towards it either. I ain't got NONE, and it's enough to pay for the lights being on. The price of candles and batteries has also gone up!
    Yes one of the outcomes is power lines are downed and the affected areas are without power, my son tells me the water treatment plant is running with the help of a standby generator. I rather doubt candles and batteries are still available, supermarkets are also shut, no power and probably little on the shelves
    Expert

Jan 5, 2020, 11:20 AM
    Yeah that's a problem with last minute shopping, it may be to late to get what you want no matter how bad you need it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2020, 01:32 PM
    If only we had perfect foresight, I always keep a few things in the pantry and my generator sits in the garage and I can rely on the BBQ to cook on in a pinch however if the truck arn't rolling..............
    Expert

Jan 5, 2020, 06:36 PM
    Who needs it to move?

Bring a tent in case of rain.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2020, 09:53 PM
    Got a camping trailer Tal, but not in this weather

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On Cartridge & Screw what is the size of the screw? [ 1 Answers ]

What size for cartridge screw part #RP0052 for a Glacier Bay model 67070-3004? Please advise! Jim

Screw holding shower faucet parts (not set screw) just spins. [ 2 Answers ]

Moen shower handle would spin without water coming on. Thought it cartridge so I replaced. When putting back together, the screw that holds the parts together under the handle is just spinning and I cant remove it.

Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. There is no low pressure or any other sign of airlock and cold water is of a normal quality but hot water looks dirty and fills like it has some particles in it. What the issue could be? And how it can be fixed?

Rusted brass screw with flat screw head for bathtub spout [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't get the brass head screw off because the brass is so soft that the screwdriver twists inside the head. The screwdriver is a flat head one. I got one side off but the other just keeps slipping off. Any ideas on how to deal with this particular problem? I sprayed WD 40 on there but...

97 toyota camry turned of while running or driving and never turned back on [ 1 Answers ]

The last thing I remember was the check engine light went off. When I try and turn it on it sounds like its going to turn on but doesn't. Its not the battery I know that for a fact.

View more questions Search