Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 06:04 AM
    You have to understand something here, Clete. To Tal, Trump and Putin are the sources of everything that's wrong in the world. That's a little hard to understand since Putin's Russia has very little global influence and Trump's major "crime" seems to have been being President during one of the best periods of economic growth for the U.S. in the past hundred years. A quarter of a million new jobs were added just in November. Yeah, that ole Trump is a really bad guy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Is the US in Russian hands?

Seems like it. Vlad benefits from the dufus being in the WH for sure. We haven't changed the name to Vladland or made Russian the official language yet, but he seems to pick our politicians like he was a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You have to understand something here, Clete. To Tal, Trump and Putin are the sources of everything that's wrong in the world. That's a little hard to understand since Putin's Russia has very little global influence and Trump's major "crime" seems to have been being President during one of the best periods of economic growth for the U.S. in the past hundred years. A quarter of a million new jobs were added just in November. Yeah, that ole Trump is a really bad guy.
    Except in some states and some regions where the great economy hasn't trickled down to yet. Haven't talked to a midwestern farmer lately have you?
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 07:54 AM
    Except in some states and some regions where the great economy hasn't trickled down to yet. Haven't talked to a midwestern farmer lately have you?
    I say the glass is 9/10th full. You say the glass is 1/10th empty. Have you talked to the recipients of the quarter of a million new jobs just from the month of November?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2019, 08:45 AM
    I understand that. I felt the same way when Obama went over to some Arab country and bowed to their King or whatever he was. YUCK!
    Did you feel the same way when your boy Trump held hands and danced with all the white-sheeted princes in Saudi Arabia? YUCK!
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 09:21 AM
    Did you feel the same way when your boy Trump held hands and danced with all the white-sheeted princes in Saudi Arabia? YUCK!
    First of all he is not "my boy". He got my vote because the dems ran the most unqualified candidate in my lifetime who was a major supporter of abortion, gay marriage, endless welfare programs, and worst of all, maintaining the status quo. But Trump has done a lot of things I have said "yuck" to. Chief amongst them is his imitation of Obama is forming an unholy alliance with the House and running up ridiculous budget deficits. Most of this other stuff is just camera candy.
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 10:00 AM
    I say the glass is 9/10th full. You say the glass is 1/10th empty. Have you talked to the recipients of the quarter of a million new jobs just from the month of November?
    266,000 new jobs not bad for the season, while 700,000 get kicked off snap benefits. Sounds like your math is missing the mark.

First of all he is not "my boy". He got my vote because the dems ran the most unqualified candidate in my lifetime who was a major supporter of abortion, gay marriage, endless welfare programs, and worst of all, maintaining the status quo. But Trump has done a lot of things I have said "yuck" to. Chief amongst them is his imitation of Obama is forming an unholy alliance with the House and running up ridiculous budget deficits. Most of this other stuff is just camera candy.
    Okay to impeach Clinton for lying about his adultery, during a good economy I might add, but not okay to impeach the dufus for high crimes and misdemeanors? That's prejudicial.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 10:34 AM
    impeach Clinton for lying about his adultery
    That's not why he was impeached. He was impeached for perjury in that he lied to a fed grand jury. He was clearly and plainly guilty and the evidence was abundant, unlike the current situation in which the evidence is slim.

No one has been kicked off of food stamps, so you're the one missing the mark. There is a proposal put forward that would result in people actually having to get a job rather than sit on their arse and take money from taxpayers. "The proposal to reauthorize the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program would subject more enrollees to “work requirements,” and would require states to set up training programs for 3 to 5 million people who might be unable to find suitable private sector work."

My objection to that would be what constitutes "suitable private sector work". I always felt that if they would pay me money, then it was quite suitable.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/repub...b03e2a5c770ce0
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 03:48 PM
    That's not why he was impeached. He was impeached for perjury in that he lied to a fed grand jury. He was clearly and plainly guilty and the evidence was abundant, unlike the current situation in which the evidence is slim.
    How did Clinton perjurer himself? Of course that little detail is always left out of your narrative. While the dufus will NEVER testify under oath about his many lies nor let anyone else testify against him. Yet despite righties claiming their is no evidence against him, or that it isn't enough to impeach him, he will be impeached and the senate will have to do it's job whatever that outcome is or whether they are afraid or not of crossing the boss.

No one has been kicked off of food stamps, so you're the one missing the mark. There is a proposal put forward that would result in people actually having to get a job rather than sit on their arse and take money from taxpayers. "The proposal to reauthorize the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program would subject more enrollees to “work requirements,” and would require states to set up training programs for 3 to 5 million people who might be unable to find suitable private sector work."

My objection to that would be what constitutes "suitable private sector work". I always felt that if they would pay me money, then it was quite suitable.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/repub...b03e2a5c770ce0
    That's an old link so let me update you to the CURRENT EVENTS
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 04:22 PM
    How did Clinton commit perjury? Would you take his word for it?

"WASHINGTON - President Clinton escaped indictment yesterday by surrendering his Arkansas law license for five years and admitting that he made false statements under oath about his affair with Monica Lewinsky."

https://qz.com/1707804/trumps-cuts-t...publicans-too/

As the the food stamps issue, I read your article, and unless I missed it, even your article was about how the changes are proposed but not yet in effect? Correct?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2019, 05:41 PM
    Clinton is a proven liar: You don't remember him getting on the boob tube and shaking his finger into the camera and telling the AMERICAN PEOPLE (HIS BOSSES) that "I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN"? Clinton is a liar.....and I mean a BIG ARSE LIAR.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 05:50 PM
    Clinton was a politician. As a general rule, they seem to lie without hesitation, and that includes Trump and Obama.
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 06:04 PM
    How did Clinton commit perjury? Would you take his word for it?

"WASHINGTON - President Clinton escaped indictment yesterday by surrendering his Arkansas law license for five years and admitting that he made false statements under oath about his affair with Monica Lewinsky."

https://qz.com/1707804/trumps-cuts-t...publicans-too/

As the the food stamps issue, I read your article, and unless I missed it, even your article was about how the changes are proposed but not yet in effect? Correct?
    Yep that's true, and like his previous attempts to screw the poor people he likely will fail this time too, not from lack of effort though. Just bolsters my claim that the great economy has a few holes in it. Not blaming the dufus for that but certainly stamping uncaring and callous on his resume is entirely appropriate.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 08:53 PM
    Yep that's true, and like his previous attempts to screw the poor people he likely will fail this time too, not from lack of effort though. Just bolsters my claim that the great economy has a few holes in it.
    So you think that having an economy that provides a job for everyone who actually wants one equates to screwing the poor people? Every economy has holes in it, but this "I hate Trump" attitude leads people to whine and complain during the greatest period of economic progress we have had in over fifty years.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 05:10 AM
    Thats NOT what we have. Not every job is a great job, or else there would be no working poor, so patting the dufus on the back and celebrating his GREAT economy is a bit premature in the face of obviously having much more work to do to build on what we have already done. What a disgusting LIE to holler and credit the dufus with a saving the world while treating those that fall between the cracks with such disdain through cruel and unthoughtful policies as to lay blame on those same individuals who are the lest of us. The old, disabled, the sick, and the poor, the young or the helpless. The dufus does these things in his proposals and you rabidly support it. That's disgusting while you swell your chest in pride and get unqualified judges and give rich guy windfall profits.

The hate and distrust of the dufus by half the country has nothing to do with the economy at all, but presidents have traditionally gotten the credit or blame for whatever shape the economy is in whether that's fair or accurate or not. Adding to my disgust of the dufus and you fundie wingers is how much credit you do give yourself and this dufus for things that were going quite good before he got here, leaving no room for anyone but yourselves and the lies you tell each other.

Just can't rap your head around the disgusting words, antics and behavior of this dufus and think conditions excuse them? That is one irrational notion to begin with. Clinton's great economy didn't save him from being impeached or convicted of lying about his sexscapades, yet the dufus gets a free pass by you loonies for his? Of course then you cannot grasp the disgust for the dufus extends to his supporters and sycophants too, especially those that have long held the words antics and behavior of some of citizens have been disgusting also, yet support him for those same things.

No JL, there is no excuse for the disgusting behavior of dufus, or YOU lauding him for it, while he pees on the counties head and swear its raining. Spare me your hypocrisy.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 06:45 AM
    Thats NOT what we have. Not every job is a great job, or else there would be no working poor, so patting the dufus on the back and celebrating his GREAT economy is a bit premature in the face of obviously having much more work to do to build on what we have already done.
    No one said every job is a great job. Stop making things up. If a person wants a job, then he can get one. For that matter, he can get two. I don't believe in welfare for those who are healthy in mind and body. If a person is working seventy hours a week then he can make it. It's what my father did. Why should I not expect others to do what he did?

What a disgusting LIE to holler and credit the dufus with a saving the world while treating those that fall between the cracks with such disdain through cruel and unthoughtful policies as to lay blame on those same individuals who are the lest of us.
    If you are saying I have said that, then you are the one who is lying.

Adding to my disgust of the dufus and you fundie wingers is how much credit you do give yourself and this dufus for things that were going quite good before he got here, leaving no room for anyone but yourselves and the lies you tell each other.
    Once again, your fantasies are at work. No one has suggested that Trump did not inherit a fair economy. It is just as true that, under his leadership, it has taken off and is setting low unemployment records.

As to the rest of your rant, you can't just make things up and then accuse me of believing them. No one is giving Trump a free pass. If he is guilty then he should be brought to justice. BC was guilty and there was no doubt about it. He even admitted it. Trump has not been proven guilty or anything even close to it. I think one of your problems is that you are convinced that anger, hatred, and name calling can establish guilt. Well thank goodness we are still in the United States where evidence counts for something.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 07:59 AM
    The only thing in your ludicrous defense of your position and the dufus that comes close to truth, is he has not been proved guilty YET! He has been accused of bad behavior for years and has settled and paid consequences many times, but he hasn't been convicted YET! He is still being accused and still facing account currently. That's what the inquiry was about, and the impending impeachment charges to be filed and sent to the senate. That repubs are circling the wagons defending the dufus already is just an example of their already prejudicial stance as to a favorable outcome that's rigged to obstruct any semblance of being fair, but that's just my opinion, about the fix being in already, but that's for repubs to answer for. Like the dufus many of those senators are up for re election too, as are some dems, and it will be up to the people to decide in what is a clearly polarized electorate.

Far as I'm concerned the dems are doing their job so far, and I'm comfortable with that for now. As far as your daddy working so many jobs guy, I can tell you as one who has done the same it's not as easy as he made it look to you and I don't think it's even a fair thing to expect others to duplicate such a standard without much help and support.

Can't you just be grateful for such an example as your father set without denigrating others who cannot? That's like saying because Rockefeller got rich why can't everybody be rich?
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 08:06 AM
    I think one of your problems is that you are convinced that anger, hatred, and name calling can establish guilt. Well thank goodness we are still in the United States where evidence counts for something.
    I hate no one so your analysis of MY problem is seriously flawed. I have to many responsibilities to be angry at the less informed and flawed, and I have said that if it's true, it's not name calling despite what your position about it is. I understand your position and accept your flaws as yours and take very little you say personally.

Matters little if you feel the same, or differently.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 01:03 PM
    The only thing in your ludicrous defense of your position and the dufus that comes close to truth, is he has not been proved guilty YET!
    Oh really? You missed a few things that are unquestionably true to everyone other than the Trump-hating crowd.

1. under his leadership, it (the economy) has taken off and is setting low unemployment records.

That is very plainly true.

2. BC was guilty and there was no doubt about it. He even admitted it.

As the article I linked earlier clearly showed, that is also true.

3. Well thank goodness we are still in the United States where evidence counts for something.

Absolutely true as well.

As far as your daddy working so many jobs guy, I can tell you as one who has done the same it's not as easy as he made it look to you and I don't think it's even a fair thing to expect others to duplicate such a standard without much help and support.

Can't you just be grateful for such an example as your father set without denigrating others who cannot? That's like saying because Rockefeller got rich why can't everybody be rich?
    You are completely wrong. My father did what he did because he had to. This was before I was born, but he lived in a generation that didn't believe a liberal democrat had to come alongside and hold his hand in order for him to be successful. Why would it not be fair to expect other people to get off their arses and get on with the business of life? My father was not Rockefeller and he never got rich, but he did manage to reach a place in life that his parents could only have dreamed of, and he and my mother did it by hard work and not by expecting some liberal to take money from a successful person to give to them. It is not denigration. It is pointing people to the only available avenue of success which is to work hard and work smart as opposed to looking for some fake charity from liberal dems.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 04:31 PM
    I've already dismissed you as a right wing loon so I guess it doesn't matter about whatever excuse you use for your hypocrisy. I understand your desperation to be totally right. I don't agree with it at all, but understand it. No reason to get excited about it even, for surely more will be revealed.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 04:39 PM
    I've already dismissed you as a right wing loon so I guess it doesn't matter about whatever excuse you use for your hypocrisy. I understand your desperation to be totally right. I don't agree with it at all, but understand it. No reason to get excited about it even, for surely more will be revealed.
    As usual, when you are out of truth, out of reason, out of arguments, and out of data, then you resort to name calling and fantasy. At least you're consistent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I see things and hear things that aren't there [ 2 Answers ]

I see and hear things that aren't there and I sometimes have a really high pressure in my head that can make me really dizzy and hurts quite abit I don't know what's causing it but its getting worse

Can I tow a 1974 16 foot shasta trailer with my toyota forerunner [ 3 Answers ]

Need to tow a 16 foot 1974 shasta travel trailer with my 1993 toyota forerunner

Do good things really fall apart so better things can fall together? [ 3 Answers ]

Heard this quote the other day that reads "good things fall apart so better things can fall together". This made me think about my current situation, my last relationship was good and after three months of it ending it still hurts that its over, but after finally sticking to NC I know I am doing...

View more questions Search