Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2020, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    convienent story, Obama should have gone further and brought them in from the cold
    "Convenient story"? Truth! Research it. I dare you!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2020, 07:46 PM
    So Obama allowed nearly 2 bil to go to a terrorist state and we're supposed to feel better because it was their money being held by the U.S. government? Sorry. I don't feel better. The money should never have been released. It is on the same level as releasing money to Nazi Germany in 1940. It was completely irresponsible.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2020, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So Obama allowed nearly 2 bil to go to a terrorist state and we're supposed to feel better because it was their money being held by the U.S. government? Sorry. I don't feel better. The money should never have been released. It is on the same level as releasing money to Nazi Germany in 1940. It was completely irresponsible.
    I won't post the history and reasoning here. Do you want a link to read?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2020, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    "Convenient story"? Truth! Research it. I dare you!
    Do you think I am ignorant of the truth. Obama "earned" a peace prize for doing nothing and that is what he did in the Iran deal, negotiated only what the Iranians were already doing. A lost opportunity
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 03:47 AM
    I won't post the history and reasoning here. Do you want a link to read?
    If you have reasoning to justify giving nearly 2 bil in cash to one of the major terrorist states in the entire world, then state it here. I'm not interested in a link to nowhere. And it would need to be more substantial than asserting that since Obama did it, it must surely have been a wonderful thing to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 04:27 AM
    There you conservatives go again. Taking the facts of history and dismissing them or worse twisting them and cherry picking those facts to fit a narrative that works for you. So many links have been supplied and discussed on this matter already so just insisting on them again accomplishes exactly what? A second chance at ignoring, dismissing, or twisting the facts?

How loud did you holler about HC's wrong doing and how many investigations into Benghazi did repubs have that were highly public? What were the results after all that hollering and investigating? She was totally cleared of EVERYTHING by of all people the dufus's own administration. Still you repeat the lies as loudly as ever. I think you serial haters have a real zest for liars and cheaters while you smear everybody else to cover for your own hate and lies and cheating.

So while the dufus touts his great accomplishments and you cheer him on and defend his lies and incompetence, nobody feels safer and are still looking for the next shoe to drop, abandoned the containment of ISIS, elevated Vlad to fill the vacuum of his cowardly retreat, and circle the wagons around the lying cheating dufus hunted for the truth which can only be defended by more lies and cheating as Iran threatens to get the bomb it already willingly gave up. The dufus lies are almost as strong as the right wing zeal to believe them and find blame in everybody and everything else.

If that's the example of your moral compass I would love to see you explain yourself to Jesus. I doubt you even get that far since following a proven liar with a history of cheating and stealing surely leads straight to hell. If not, then there must be no such thing.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 05:46 AM
    She was totally cleared of EVERYTHING by of all people the dufus's own administration.
    Uhm...no, she wasn't. She had a private email server in her home. She conducted official government business on that server. She had classified information on the server which was, by the way, unsecured. When that information became public, she destroyed half of the data on the hard drive. She also made a point of destroying every government issued cell phone she had been given. Then FBI director Comey, now known to have been corrupt, found that she was guilty of criminal behavior but then declined to bring charges against her. So in what universe does all of that amount to "being cleared"? Her incredibly reckless and irresponsible behavior is public record and the facts above are unquestioned.

I doubt you even get that far since following a proven liar with a history of cheating and stealing surely leads straight to hell.
    I did not follow Obama and Clinton. I am also not a supporter of Trump, but I will vote for him rather than vote for amazingly corrupt and incompetent people like Clinton, Sanders, Warren, or Spartacus. I will also not refuse to give him credit for his accomplishments, as you are doing, simply because you hate him. The economy is roaring, we are energy independent (thought to be impossible just 20 years ago), we are restoring sanity to the federal judiciary, and unlike your heroes, he supports the right of unborn children to live rather than be cruelly put to death in the womb, and he supports the right of Israel to exist in peace.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2020, 06:18 AM
    The Iranians have killed more IRANIANS this last two weeks than the Americans have...A LOT MORE! Damn plane was loaded with IRANIANS! This on top of the 70 or so IRANIANS that OTHER IRANIANS CRUSHED DURING THE FUNERAL PROCESSION FOR THEIR DEAD TERRORIST who was already merely burnt pieces (there was no body). If you don't get an inkling that the IRANIANS are an uncivilized bunch, you aren't watching: Iranians at the top in Iran are bat crap crazy...They are crazy as run over dogs! I have know Iranians in the professional world that are the finest people you would ever want to meet but the one's leading Iran are selfish zealots who are taking a potentially great nation right into hell.

Stop it with this nonsense that Obama gave the Iranians THEIR money back: BULLS&$T! That's like putting lipstick on a pig...its still a pig! In no way should any measure of "whose money it really is" override the COMMON SENSE NOT TO GIVE MONEY TO A TERRORIST STATE! In no way can you contrive an argument that supports such a supposition! FROZEN? UNFROZEN? THE IDEA ITSELF WAS HALF-BAKED!
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 06:20 AM
    In no way should any measure of "whose money it really is" override the COMMON SENSE NOT TO GIVE MONEY TO A TERRORIST STATE!
    Well said.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 06:56 AM
    If all you say is true, then why has HC not been prosecuted? I mean with all your EVIDENCE why has that not happened? Economic gains made by Obama continued under the dufus and why you liberal/dem haters cannot acknowledge that is symptomatic of your disdain for the simple facts of the matter.

I have had my doubts before whether you beleived the lies of the dufus out of desperation or ignorance, but I conclude now that it's a combination of both! I don't see that changing either, as long as a corrupt dufus is allowed to get away with his lies cheating and stealing with bo accounting.

If nothing else maybe the senate trial will reveal facts to the people.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 07:03 AM
    If all you say is true, then why has HC not been prosecuted? I mean with all your EVIDENCE why has that not happened?
    Which of the facts I noted above are you denying happened? Comey himself acknowledged that it all happened and that HC was technically guilty of breaking the law. Do you really deny any of that?

Economic gains made by Obama continued under the dufus and why you liberal/dem haters cannot acknowledge that is symptomatic of your disdain for the simple facts of the matter.
    I have no problem in acknowledging that and never have. I just hope you can acknowledge that Trump took an economy which was OK and has it roaring along.

I have had my doubts before whether you beleived the lies of the dufus out of desperation or ignorance, but I conclude now that it's a combination of both! I don't see that changing either, as long as a corrupt dufus is allowed to get away with his lies cheating and stealing with bo accounting.
    It's not a case of believing Trump. It's a case of simply looking at the utter lack of evidence the dems have managed to come up with and seeing that in no way can you toss a pres out of office on that basis.

As I've been saying for weeks, give us the names of those witnesses who testified to having personal, first-hand knowledge of Trump's supposed wrong doing. Who are they? Truth is, the dems case is so weak that Pelosi is afraid to send it to the Senate. It's over.

This is nothing more than hatred of Trump, pure and simple. It has nothing to do with justice.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 07:30 AM
    Dems have been calling for those witnesses since this started so let's not ignore the fact the dufus has specifically blocked them, so why you have no clue as to their names are beyond me and you still haven't answered the question of why repubs haven't prosecued HC if what YOU say is true? That's all I asked and if you cannot answer then say so. I'm not disputing your facts just the FACT repubs haven't acted on them after all that hollering and chanting.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 08:29 AM
    I'm not disputing your facts just the FACT repubs haven't acted on them after all that hollering and chanting.
    That's fair enough. I would conclude that she was unspeakably foolish in her behavior, but it could not, evidently, be demonstrated to be criminal.

Still, the fact that she went to such great lengths to destroy half of the data on the hard drive just stinks to the high heavens. It certainly has all the appearance of guilt. Can you think of any reasonable explanation for that? The truth seems to be that the pro-abortion crowd is willing to cut HC, BC, and BaO all kinds of slack in these matters, while the pro-life crowd is willing to do likewise with DT, so neither crowd has any entitlement to the moral high ground in politics.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2020, 05:55 PM
    Can we get back to "current events"?
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 07:22 PM
    Seems the Iranians have pretty well backed down. Of course, shooting down a civilian airliner wasn't exactly the smartest move they could have made.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2020, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Seems the Iranians have pretty well backed down. Of course, shooting down a civilian airliner wasn't exactly the smartest move they could have made.
    You have to think their military may not be under strict control. Just one more nail in their coffin
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 02:02 AM
    Well the Iranians have admitted they shot down the passenger plane by mistake so that episode is solved at least for now, and after some thought though, the whole notion of protecting these shadow and proxy forces under the official government umbrella is somewhat despicable in of tself. While I don't like the way the dufus crew is handling this with all kinds of excuses and justifications that just don't smell right, and still think it was a gross over reaction, and they were looking for anything to make a point, and a bad guy in plain sight just fir the bill. It's somewhat disturbing when you cannot be straight with your own government about such a huge course of action with the spin that followed.

Can't say this was entirely on the dufus though as we have watched congress after congress defer it's responsibility to the executive branch as presidents have grabbed more power in the absence of congressional guidance. It's not just military actions of which I speak but domestic policy as well and that's the heart of the problem. Every other year during elections our elected officials just disappear from governing completely, and not that the are working very hard before an election either. Now that we have a fellow in the WH who is only to glad to step into the vacuum, and deal his dirty deeds, and spin them any way he sees an advantage for himself, know full well his party will do nothing to restrain check or balance whatever urges he may have on any subject.

LOL, they can't remove him for sure since he is the party and without him they have NOTHING, NADA, zip! So we have a lying cheating dufus who operates in full view with his antics without a peep from his party with absolutely no shame. Allies, friends, or foes are but pawns for the dufus enterprise, and our government is just the trappings of his own delusions. Putting a bell on the cat is inadequate as the real issue is getting the bull out of the china shop, or what will be left of it.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2020, 02:23 AM
    In other words, the economy is great, we are now amazingly energy independent, and we just took out a despicable foreign murderer, but I hate Trump, so I'm still going to be filled with vitriol. I get it.
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 03:00 AM
    That's just it, you don't get it. Your words are far from the mark, as wages are growing slower than prices, considering unemployment is historically low, and is being energy independent saving you any money? Consider the costs of having multiple jobs and the costs of transportation to get to those jobs to keep the lights on, and forget groceries and rent. Sure the overall economy looks great, but huge swaths of the population aren't even a part of it.

And what happens when that debt you are supposedly so worried about catches up to us? No JL I don't think you get it at all.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2020, 05:12 AM
    Hmm. Where to begin? First of all, wages are actually growing faster than inflation and is better than the Obama years when, I'll bet, you were not complaining about it. I would agree it needs to get better, but still you're having to make things up now in order to complain. Being energy independent is incredibly important from the perspective of national security, and it is wonderful to know that we are not throwing billions of dollars into the pockets of Arab sheikhs in order to buy oil. Now we are beginning to be the ones who are selling gas and oil. Debt is a concern for sure, but between the two of us, I'm the only one who was concerned about it when your beloved Mr. Obama was setting records with national borrowing. You couldn't have cared less back then. The only reason you mention it now is because you are desperate to find something to complain about with Mr. Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ot-saying-much

The biggest question is why are two retired guys up at 3:00 in the morning? I thought retired people were supposed to sleep late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I see things and hear things that aren't there [ 2 Answers ]

I see and hear things that aren't there and I sometimes have a really high pressure in my head that can make me really dizzy and hurts quite abit I don't know what's causing it but its getting worse

Can I tow a 1974 16 foot shasta trailer with my toyota forerunner [ 3 Answers ]

Need to tow a 16 foot 1974 shasta travel trailer with my 1993 toyota forerunner

Do good things really fall apart so better things can fall together? [ 3 Answers ]

Heard this quote the other day that reads "good things fall apart so better things can fall together". This made me think about my current situation, my last relationship was good and after three months of it ending it still hurts that its over, but after finally sticking to NC I know I am doing...

View more questions Search