Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    connor_musicman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2019, 11:30 AM
    My grandmother is dying
    For Thanksgiving, I was planning on going upstate to visit my grandmother in the hospital. She is dying from stage 4 ovarian cancer. However my dad told me not to go up since she is in a coma and about a day left to live. I decided to take my dad's advise and stay home with my mother. My sister, on the other hand, decided to go up and bring some food with her. Unfortunately grandma stopped eating and is now in a coma. She could only have a day or a few hours left to live. I am feeling a little upset about my decision.

Understand that I wasn't planning on staying just to have a Thanksgiving meal. I know that my grandmother is very important. I did visit her a few times while she was having cancer, so I was showing support to my grandmother the whole time.

I know that there's nothing to be done at this point because my I already made my decision. But what advise would you give on this situation incase something like this happens again in the future?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2019, 12:01 PM
    Visiting and being with and holding the hand of a dying loved one is for YOU more than it is for the dying person. That's when you talk to her/him -- and others who may also be visiting -- about your memories, both happy and sad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandmother [ 1 Answers ]

My son in law won't let my daughter see her to boys ever time she tries to seethem he calls cops on her need to know what to do

Friend's Grandmother is dying. [ 2 Answers ]

A used to be very good friend's with a person, I went down a bad path and lost touch with a lot of friends, my boyfriend stayed very good friends with the guy however. Recently the former friend and I began to patch things up, but we're by no means close. My boyfriend recently expressed that the...

Friend's Grandmother is dying. [ 3 Answers ]

I used to be very good friends with a person, I went down a bad path and lost touch with a lot of friends, my boyfriend stayed very good friends with the guy however. Recently the former friend and I began to patch things up, but we're by no means close. My boyfriend recently expressed that the...

Grandmother [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 16 Year Old And I Am Getting Married I Am His Grandmother His Mothers Mother, And He Wants To Come And Live With Us When We Get Married May 3 What Does He Need To Do, Or What Can I Do?

Grandmother against grandmother [ 4 Answers ]

A grandma has temp custody over a minor child.Can the other grandma legally have visitation to him?

View more questions Search