Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katy7195 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2019, 02:31 AM
    cannot remember book title
    I cannot remember the name of the book, but the first few lines I remember. It was a chldren's book that I read so many times to my son that I had it memorized long before the book disappeared. I think the title of the book is: Whoa Joey Basically it is a poem about a young kangaroo who was a very good jumper but had bad aim and had to practice very hard to get things right. My son spent most of his life in a hospital and died at 17. I remember this as his favorite book and it brought him comfort and joy. I had to read it continually at least a couple of times a day for years, it came as a small, thin paperback book I am guessing in a packet of books, he died about 30 years ago.

The first few lines of the books were as I remember:

When Joey Kangaroo was small he could barely leap at all. But then he learned to leap and spring and he could jump most anything. He jumped higher that a kite, but he never aimed quite right. And though he was a jumping star, Joey always jumped too far. Whoa Joey, Whoa Joey, Whoa Joey, Whoa said all of his friend as they saw him go .....

I would just like to read it one more time as a pleasant memory, not have to spend $25 for as 25 cent book. Does anyone know the rest of the poem?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2019, 10:13 AM
    Whoa, Joey! /Daphne Hogstrom; Charles Bracke
    1968 English Book : Fiction : Juvenile audience [31] pages : color illustrations ; 16 cm.
    Racine, Wis. : Western Pub. Co.
    Check it out from an area library.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2019, 10:19 AM
    Sorry the print is so small. I copied part of the online OCLC (worldwide library database) record.

Go to an area library (first call to make sure they own it). If it's not available locally, ask your home library to get it through interlibrary loan (ILL).

I just checked owning libraries. There aren't many so an ILL is probably what you will have to request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember the title of a book [ 0 Answers ]

I read this book many moons ago, it was about a detective who hunts for a serial killer.The twist at the end was that the detective was the serial killer. Think it involved a ceremonial knife, the detective had a split personality. Help!!

Can't remember book title (Childrens/YA book) [ 4 Answers ]

I read a book in the early to mid 1990s with this plot: A girl, either a pre-teen or young teen, plays some game in front of a mirror. Suddenly she can see through the mirror to another girl who looks just like her, except inside the mirror it's obviously the 18th or 19th century. Somehow the...

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

I can't remember the title of this book [ 5 Answers ]

When I was a little girl, I loved this book about a girl who went to a birthday party. When she came home she took a bath and had a fantastic adventure involving many of the things she got at the party. For instance soap, a newspaper, black jelly beans... Please help me if you can.

View more questions Search