Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gravediggerbob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2019, 05:55 PM
    Manabloc - severely restricted water flow
    Have an old Manabloc water manifold manufactured by Vanguard (now Viega.) Installed about 2008. Today, water flow from manifold is suddenly severely restricted; just a trickle.
    Water pressure to manifold is fine. I ran a wire (fish tape) up through water line, about two feet where water filter was located, up to intake (inlet) at bottom of manibloc. There wire stops, like there is a solid "something" blocking the inlet. Had initially suspected water filter system was shot, so tried removing it completely. The water pressure and flow is fine, but there seems to be some kind of obstruction at the inlet. Water is spring water, collected into a holding tank. Water is naturally soft, with no mineral buildup, but recently had been experiencing fine sediment. Completely drained and cleaned water holding (collection) tank yesterday, removed all sediment, and the water line to the manabloc manifold is fine. Any idea what could be causing the obstruction at the inlet?

Here is a link to what the manabloc manifold looks like; file:///C:/Users/Cathleen/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/tdpf_1218_manabloc_manifold_system%20(1).pdf
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 24, 2019, 09:08 AM
    Try blowing compressed air back through each line...see if that dislodges anything.

Mark
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2019, 04:44 PM
    see attached
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf tdpf_1218_manabloc_manifold_system.pdf (757.9 KB, 43 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manabloc water heater and vacationing [ 2 Answers ]

I am going on vacation and would like to know how do I shut down my water heater when I have PEX plumbing?

Water leaks from bathroom faucet when aerator restricted [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple year old two handle bathroom faucet that I'm having an issue with that I don't understand. When my son is playing or washing his hands, sometimes he puts his hands over the aerator restricting the water flow. When he does this, the water is diverted and ends up coming out the...

Severely restricted cold water flow into mobile home [ 4 Answers ]

It started gradually a few months ago, and now we almost no cold water coming into our mobile home (it's only six years old). Seems it must be from our hard water and calcium carbonate build up, but we don't know how to back flush. Should we use water under pressure or compressed air or? Any...

1990 Honda Accord HVAC flow restricted. [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Honda accord has almost no airflow on any setting heat/cold/fresh/recirc/a/c. Does anybody have any ideas?

View more questions Search