Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2019, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    So the notion the dufus has unlimited unrestricted power and authority is BOGUS! By that measure the congress under article I of the constitution has as MUCH power as the dufus, so Schiff and the boys and girls are certainly equal as the prez, since they own the big stick in the House.

I didn't see all that transpired here before your post, but your post was excellent and to the point. I would only add that the president is NOT the chief law enforcement officer of the USA. That honor belongs to the Attorney General. AG Barr is the one who wants to make Trump a King above the law. Barr's knowledge of the law shows an amazing ignorance.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    I didn't see all that transpired here before your post, but your post was excellent and to the point. I would only add that the president is NOT the chief law enforcement officer of the USA. That honor belongs to the Attorney General. AG Barr is the one who wants to make Trump a King above the law. Barr's knowledge of the law shows an amazing ignorance.
    Or intentional butt kissing! That can be said of all the repubs though.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 02:49 PM
    Or intentional butt kissing! That can be said of all the repubs though.
    Says the man who never passes up a chance to do so with Mr. Obama.

What an interesting fantasy you have concocted. Even if they Biden or Schiff could be compelled to testify, what bearing would that have on any charges against the dufus? That's right, NONE!
    They're not worried about the so-called "case" against the pres. There is no case. Here's what I'd like to ask Mr. Schiff. "Mr. Schiff, you claimed on a number of occasions to be concerned lest someone release the name of the whistle blower, yet you also claimed you did not know the WB's name. If you did not know his name, then how would you have known if someone had released his identity?"

Yep. The whole sorry mess will become evident in the Senate. No wonder Pelosi did not want to go this route.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2019, 09:10 PM
    Congress, nor Senate, in any conceivable way, hold the absolute power of the POTUS:

1) POTUS has EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE: Congress has no such privilege.
    2) POTUS can declare EXECUTIVE ORDERS: Congress can declare nothing
    3) POTUS can call for emergency military strikes: Congress can call no military strikes
    4) POTUS can launch Nuclear strikes: Congress will never have that power
    5) POTUS can declare a National Emergency anytime he wishes: Congress can not declare a national emergency
    6) POTUS can declare Marshall Law: Congress cannot declare Marshall Law

If the crazies on the left really go off the deep end and the left's Antifa branch takes the decision to try and destabilize the country, POTUS could declare them to be a terroristic threat and hunt them down WITHOUT RIGHT TO ANY DUE PROCESS as they demonstrate contempt to the peace and tranquility of the nation.

The EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE portion of POTUS' power has deprived Congress of witnesses in the IMPEACHMENT hearing and there is nothing Congress can do about it: They can do nothing, they are toothless tigers, powerless! Despite Schiff's enormous ego: SCHIFF IS A EUNUCH COMPARED TRUMP....its like comparing a GELDING TO A STUD!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2019, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Congress, nor Senate, in any conceivable way, hold the absolute power of the POTUS:

1) POTUS has EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE: Congress has no such privilege.
    2) POTUS can declare EXECUTIVE ORDERS: Congress can declare nothing
    3) POTUS can call for emergency military strikes: Congress can call no military strikes
    4) POTUS can launch Nuclear strikes: Congress will never have that power
    5) POTUS can declare a National Emergency anytime he wishes: Congress can not declare a national emergency
    6) POTUS can declare Marshall Law: Congress cannot declare Marshall Law

If the crazies on the left really go off the deep end and the left's Antifa branch takes the decision to try and destabilize the country, POTUS could declare them to be a terroristic threat and hunt them down WITHOUT RIGHT TO ANY DUE PROCESS as they demonstrate contempt to the peace and tranquility of the nation.

The EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE portion of POTUS' power has deprived Congress of witnesses in the IMPEACHMENT hearing and there is nothing Congress can do about it: They can do nothing, they are toothless tigers, powerless! Despite Schiff's enormous ego: SCHIFF IS A EUNUCH COMPARED TRUMP....its like comparing a GELDING TO A STUD!
    and yet they are trying to geld PONTUS
    Expert

Dec 2, 2019, 12:32 AM
    Geez Vac, congress can over ride or block the executive in every case you have pointed out. I thought you knew that. Everybody else does. Maybe not Clete, or the dufus, but everybody else does.

Whether the congress exercises it's authority or not is another question.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2019, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Says the man who never passes up a chance to do so with Mr. Obama.
    Someday I may have to defend the dufus against outrageous lies and false statements as I have with most past presidents.

They're not worried about the so-called "case" against the pres. There is no case. Here's what I'd like to ask Mr. Schiff. "Mr. Schiff, you claimed on a number of occasions to be concerned lest someone release the name of the whistle blower, yet you also claimed you did not know the WB's name. If you did not know his name, then how would you have known if someone had released his identity?"

Yep. The whole sorry mess will become evident in the Senate. No wonder Pelosi did not want to go this route.
    What will also be very apparent is answering the charges against the dufus, which will be revealed soon despite the attacks by repubs on the process, which is duly authorized in the constitution. The rest of that right wing noise don't float.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2019, 05:46 AM
    What will also be very apparent is answering the charges against the dufus, which will be revealed soon despite the attacks by repubs on the process, which is duly authorized in the constitution. The rest of that right wing noise don't float.
    Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Dec 2, 2019, 06:15 AM
    Talaniman: That's not what I said: I didn't say that CONGRESS could BLOCK the POTUS, what I said was is that Congress cannot do anything BY THEMSELVES LIKE THE POTUS CAN. And you are incorrect about Emergency Military Strikes, Nuclear Strikes, and Marshall Law: POTUS doesn't have to have anyone's permission to do those: Remember, Trump took out filthy bearded Bagdaddi without mentioning it to Congress: Congress is a bureaucracy right now and they are a log-jam of red tape that is inconsistent with the welfare of the country at this point, so EXPECT Trump to bypass them at every opportunity until they "get over" whatever is ailing them right now....they are an impediment to progress that needs to get fixed.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2019, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Good luck. You're gonna need it.
    It's the dufus who will need a lot of luck since he will be charged and have to answer those charges and given his non aptitude for the truth he will need a lot more than luck but also every vote the senate can give him. There are consequences for defending a known liar and cheater, of which all you dufus supporters will have to face.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2019, 06:34 AM
    Talaniman: That's not what I said: I didn't say that CONGRESS could BLOCK the POTUS, what I said was is that Congress cannot do anything BY THEMSELVES LIKE THE POTUS CAN. And you are incorrect about Emergency Military Strikes, Nuclear Strikes, and Marshall Law: POTUS doesn't have to have anyone's permission to do those: Remember, Trump took out filthy bearded Bagdaddi without mentioning it to Congress: Congress is a bureaucracy right now and they are a log-jam of red tape that is inconsistent with the welfare of the country at this point, so EXPECT Trump to bypass them at every opportunity until they "get over" whatever is ailing them right now....they are an impediment to progress that needs to get fixed.
    I can agree to a small point, the congress and POTUS have separate but equal responsibilities for sure and enumerated in the constitution, and POTUS can do nothing when the House exercises it's oversight, and impeachment duties, except what the dufus is doing now, which is obstruction, by not letting lawful subpoenas to be executed. That's why it's in court. Results to follow. Taking bets who has the law on their side?

Dec 2, 2019, 10:56 AM
    Talaniman: If it goes to SCOTUS, its a safe bet that its going to be in TRUMP'S FAVOR all the way! This is only going to get worse with RBG's demise, and you can take that to the bank.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2019, 02:17 PM
    It's not going to SCOTUS. WHY WOULD it? How could it?

Dec 3, 2019, 05:18 PM
    Talaniman: If the Senate Trial is an ACTUAL TRIAL, then its results will always be within the reach of the SCOTUS.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2019, 05:21 PM
    Talaniman: If the Senate Trial is an ACTUAL TRIAL, then its results will always be within the reach of the SCOTUS.
    Check your Civics textbook. That's not how this works.

An impeachment proceeding is the formal process by which a sitting president of the United States may be accused of wrongdoing. It is a political process and not a criminal process.
    Expert

Dec 3, 2019, 06:16 PM
    Shouldn't you look this stuff up before you blurt out a statement? What's up with you southerners and homework? Glad I was born in the MIDWEST.

Dec 3, 2019, 06:50 PM
    O.K.....learn something new every day: The Chief Justice Of The United States (John Roberts) will preside over the Trial...that threw me off and so I extrapolated: NOT TOO SMART!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Election [ 1 Answers ]

True or False If the house has to decide on the Presidency, the speaker of the house would break A tie. PLEASEEE HELP!

Meddling, micromanaging mother-in-law [ 10 Answers ]

Since my husband and I were engaged (and some before) my mother-in-law has meddled in and attempted to micromanage details of our lives. She (not a Christian) called my house of worship a "__ing church" when she thought we were getting married in a church. She criticized the invitations, registry...

Investigation [ 2 Answers ]

I am a CNA in NYS currently under investigation for neglict. If I am found guilty, I know that I would have my certification taken away to work in a nursing home. Would I however be able to work in other aspects of human services?

I messed my daughter's life up w/ my meddling! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I'll try and be brief. I had a HUGE falling out w/ a friend. We're now not friends anymore. (I posted the issue already, "Did I betray my friend"). My friends daughter has it out for my daughter. They're 16. The girl's popular and has a ton of allies. My daughter has only one friend, and...

Hit and Run Investigation [ 5 Answers ]

Last Sunday I left a party and decided to stop by a McDonalds to get a bite to eat. I bumped a cab as I was in the drive through. Because I had been drinking, I wasn't thinking clearly. I waited with the driver of the cab in the parking lot for the police to arrive. But after about 20 minutes,...

View more questions Search