Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thewire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2019, 03:12 PM
    Estimate time to installed shut off valves
    I have a couple shut off valves I want to replaced since they are aged and it's gate valve. I want to replace them to brass ball valve.

1" Main shut valve + 1" PRV straight inline installation, space is good. Estimated 2 hours

Laundry (hot and cold) shut off 0.5" and backyard hose shut off 0.5". They are near to each other. One might be a little tight on space. Estimated 3 hours total max

Am I about right on the labor time? I want to check if I am getting kill on quotes
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 21, 2019, 04:28 PM
    Hello

There really is no way for us to estimate something like this (we would need to be at your house and count the number of bathrooms, number of floors, size of house, etc.). Travel time and time to pick up materials would also need to be factored in, and again, we could not guess at that, right?

Get 3 quotes and compare them...that is really the only reasonable answer here!

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We just had new plumbing, faucets, shower and shut off valves installed in an upstair [ 5 Answers ]

The hot water heater is heating water, we had a new hot water shut off valve installed at the hot water heater. No hot water in the kitchen or bathroom. If we turn on hot water on in the bathroom we then will get hot water in the kitchen (not hot water comes out in bathroom). We also currently have...

Shut off valves [ 1 Answers ]

How to install a shut off valve in pvc pipe. What supplies are needed?

Replacing shut-off valves [ 7 Answers ]

I'm wanting to replace my shut-off valves for my sink and toilet. If I cut off the current connection, I don't think I'll have enough room for a push connect 1/4-turn valve. The copper pipe is 5/8" wide. The copper pipe shouldn't be showing like this anyway, should it? What can I do? 7106

Shut off valves [ 8 Answers ]

This is my problem. I have moved into an older home and I am doing some remodeling and when I went to remove the countertop and sink in the bathroom, I found that plastic piping came through the floor and directly to the faucets. I wish to put a shut off valve on the plastic pipe after shutting...

Access to shut off valves [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a code in sarasota fl that says you must have access to shut off valves in your tubs and if so what is that code and where can I get a copy. Thank you[ Manny

View more questions Search