Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrentFoust Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2019, 03:10 AM
    Is there any connection between prostate surgery and erectile dysfunction?
    Four months before I had undergone prostate surgery. Before undergoing surgery I used to get erection. Nowadays I have difficulty in getting an erection. Can prostate surgery cause erectile dysfunction?
    tihorsonawane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2019, 07:50 AM
    After about 3 years, even though, men with the most intense erectile dysfunction showed nearly no improvement, Schiff says. But guys who had partial erections that had been now and again enough for intercourse (degree 2 or 3) endured to make progress for as much as 4 years after surgical treatment
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2019, 10:57 AM
    If the surgeon has cut into nerves that control erectile function, yes, you will have problems. Too many surgeons do this because the nerves are intertwined and are hard to separate as to function.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2019, 06:40 PM
    Also did they remove the prostate? or just what did they do. If they removed it, sexual function issues is a common problem. Also all operations on prostate can have a side effect of ED. It will not stop an erection but you may have to use some medication.

If so, do ask your doctor about a Tri-Mix injection, it (in my opinion) works much better than pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erectile dysfunction [ 0 Answers ]

I am 22 years male... I had erctile dysfunction from 5 months and first started with a pain in anus and continued to develop in penile shaft and I got blood in urine too.. and then I visited a urologist near my place and he asked to go for test and all got normal testosterone ,scrotum ultrasound...

Help with erectile dysfunction [ 3 Answers ]

I need help maintaing a erection I used to masturbate a lot and have stopped that since I have read it bad and I have been trying to have sex with my girlfriend have can not keep a erection long enough to have sex imm 15 by the way helllpp fast

I have a back strain and erectile dysfunction. Will the erectile dysfunction go away [ 1 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old guy. Last Friday I was working out my legs and felt a very sharp pain in my back so I stopped. Ever since then, my whole left side of my back has been having spasms and sharp pains. Also, ever since Friday I can't get an erection. My question is that once my back heals will my...

Erectile dysfunction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a teen and I think I may be having impotence My erection is not hard enough and my penis doesn't even reach 90 degrees Y is it happening there shouldn't be any reason should I see a doctor be concerned How to treat it please help

View more questions Search