Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 12, 2019, 04:17 PM
    Xcel problem
    Good days to all.

I have created a grade summary spreadsheet using Office 365's version of Excel.

I have a total of 4 teachers who have access to this spreadsheet to enter grades and other reportable data onto the spreadsheet. There are 33 students.

There are two problems with the security of the worksheets:
    1) Worksheets seem to be moved from time to time. The sheets are set up alphabetically, yet occasionally sheets will be out of alphabetical order.
    2) Data in cells is either missing or corrupted.

Is there a problem with the application? Is it a misapplication of the Xcel program to have one workbook being edited by 4 teachers?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2019, 03:45 PM
    You can use some VB code to order the sheets found here.

Just run the macro, and all the sheets will be sorted automatically.

As far as the corrupted data goes, it could be an issue with the autosave function. If the spreadsheet is being accessed over a network the autosave may misrepresent the data when office tries to reintegrate or there are simultaneous threads opened.
    Try turning autosave for the document, instructions here.

Alternatively you could lock cells once data is entered to preserve them from being edited.

You may also be having an issue with multiple instances being opened at once, do you find that there is a second copy of the file being created somewhere?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord 10th anniversary edition -problem with emc and or fuel problem [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you for your quick response and research in helping me with my problem that I posted yesterday.I am having a hard time trying to understand what is going on with my car. History of the car: purchased in 1996 with 59,372 miles, now have 132,000 miles and it has all original factory parts...

Central heating problem or water meter problem? [ 3 Answers ]

We live in an apartment building and the individual water usage is measured by private water meters (mechanical). When the apartment was built, 2 years ago, some of the meters had been fitted the wrong way (in reverse). Yesterday a plumber attended to rectify 3 meters. My 2 neighbours meters were...

I am having a problem with practice problem number one in Office Machines with excel [ 3 Answers ]

Applications 6th edition. The book says 3, 360 and I got 528. What am I overlooking"

XCEL - number shows as date [ 2 Answers ]

On some of my excel spreadsheets, an amount typed in sterling shows as a date e.g. 10.00will show as 10.00.2000. I can correct by going to format but it only corrects the single entry even if I select the whole column - any assistance much appreciated.

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search