Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 23, 2019, 06:34 AM
    I don't smell smoke, but I wonder if the world has lost it's freaking mind, but realize that people are just SCARED right now. I'm knocking on wood though because we have had a few fires here in Texas, and during the dry season it doesn't take much to have a few more.

Rest assured you aren't alone by any means.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2019, 02:36 PM
    Thanks, Tal, the smoke haze might have even lifted this morning
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2019, 08:15 PM
    Paraclete: Just seen this evening where Koalas are probably going to go extinct with all the wildfires. I guess the Dingo population will explode since the vegetation burn-off will make it easier for them to hunt.

Forest Management here in the Southeastern U.S. is hallmarked by "Prescribed Burns" where the vegetation in the understories of our primary Pine Plantation Forest are burned in scheduled exercises so that the understory vegetation growth is not permitted to get so dense as to provide the volume of fuel BTUs that would kill the Pines under which it grows. Its all about managing your risks!

California is an idiotic state, in general, where burn management is all but ignored completely. Californians would rather worry about establishing and preserving Sanctuary Cities for illegal aliens, electing leftist local and state representation, and smoking dope like there is no tomorrow to avoid the realities put upon them by the first couple of things I mentioned all wrought by poor arse leadership.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2019, 01:56 AM
    California has it's wildfires and mudslides and Florida has it's hurricanes and floods, and sink holes, so every climate region has something to deal with so kind of unfair to compare and criticise since last I checked everybody likes their dope...even Floridians.

Must not be any sanctuary cities in Florida huh?
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2019, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: Just seen this evening where Koalas are probably going to go extinct with all the wildfires. I guess the Dingo population will explode since the vegetation burn-off will make it easier for them to hunt.
    Don't think that theory works, the dingo will eat BBQ for a while then starve

Forest Management here in the Southeastern U.S. is hallmarked by "Prescribed Burns" where the vegetation in the understories of our primary Pine Plantation Forest are burned in scheduled exercises so that the understory vegetation growth is not permitted to get so dense as to provide the volume of fuel BTUs that would kill the Pines under which it grows. Its all about managing your risks!
    Yes we do that too, however not a great idea in the middle of a drought, and no burnoffs in national parks, the greenies go ape at the thought of it

California is an idiotic state, in general, where burn management is all but ignored completely. Californians would rather worry about establishing and preserving Sanctuary Cities for illegal aliens, electing leftist local and state representation, and smoking dope like there is no tomorrow to avoid the realities put upon them by the first couple of things I mentioned all wrought by poor arse leadership.
    California also has a lot of eucalypts which makes their fires bad in the same way ours are. I think you miss the point with 'fornia it is just the mex taking back the homeland and you made the mistake of feeding them

Nov 25, 2019, 06:10 AM
    Talaniman: California's burns are SELF FULFILLING PROPHECIES because the weirdos won't permit brush cleanup.....the brush is fuel for the fires......dope smoking starts to interfere with rational thoughts! Got a 'Nam Vet brother who came back from there smoking dope: didn't get right until he was in his '40s: scraps with the law, revolving door of women, violence, he was constantly involved with something bad....it was horrible.....Talaniman: I know you think I am just being "reactionary" about the dope thing but its a lot deeper than that with me after what it did to my brother and our family......its effects are much more evil than what is advertised.....it is something that revolts me.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2019, 10:21 AM
    I can certainly understand and sympathize with the aversion to dope and have seen it with alcohol as well, truly bad situation by some, but unrelated I think in large part to the task at hand or the politics of institutional racism, or capitalist stupidity. Cali is hardly alone or isolated in such regards to the challenges of modern life and dealing with Mother Nature, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    California also has a lot of eucalypts which makes their fires bad in the same way ours are. I think you miss the point with 'fornia it is just the mex taking back the homeland and you made the mistake of feeding them
    For decades and generations the brown people from the south have lived in peace and contributed to the betterment of the country. Not saying there are not the worst among them but like any peoples bad apples exist and have to be dealt with.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2019, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    For decades and generations the brown people from the south have lived in peace and contributed to the betterment of the country. Not saying there are not the worst among them but like any peoples bad apples exist and have to be dealt with.
    Why did you bring race into it, referring to the "brown" people
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Nov 25, 2019, 03:25 PM
    I'm not sure
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2019, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Why did you bring race into it, referring to the "brown" people
    You had said:

"California also has a lot of eucalypts which makes their fires bad in the same way ours are. I think you miss the point with 'fornia it is just the mex taking back the homeland and you made the mistake of feeding them."
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2019, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You had said:

"California also has a lot of eucalypts which makes their fires bad in the same way ours are. I think you miss the point with 'fornia it is just the mex taking back the homeland and you made the mistake of feeding them."
    Yes but I didn't bring race in referring to the antecedent people by their former nationality. You have to expect the way things are going California will be lost to English speaking peoples, but you don't have to accept this, you can call on the "manifest destiny" of the white eurpoean to rule the americas and eject them. Build the wall, but to keep you in
    Expert

Nov 25, 2019, 09:30 PM
    Clete you just have a sneaky way of injecting your racial biases into things, but all the states have challenges to work on. The weather is a big deal and man is helpless even with all his other issues he has. LOL, if the advanced civilization you have hasn't solved the problem, then what makes you think the heathens over here have a clue? So go ahead and lead the world with your solutions so we can follow YOU for a change.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2019, 05:25 AM
    Clete you just have a sneaky way of injecting your racial biases into things, but all the states have challenges to work on. The weather is a big deal and man is helpless even with all his other issues he has. LOL, if the advanced civilization you have hasn't solved the problem, then what makes you think the heathens over here have a clue? So go ahead and lead the world with your solutions so we can follow YOU for a change.
    Honestly, Tal, none of us have a clue, I just saw an OP piece once again "proving" man, and read industralised societies, are responsible for climate change without any mention of other factors. We cannot control the weather, it is futile to try, even if we stop all emissions of CO2, Methane and Nitros Oxide immediately we will still reap any effects these things might have had, because the problem is population, it is increasing just as quickly as any other factor and forcing many other problems such as deforestation, growth in cities, etc

The only racial bias I have is against idiocy and there seems to be more of it in certain places
    Expert

Nov 26, 2019, 04:47 PM
    So some races are more idiots than others? Is that what you meant? Good luck getting humans to stop breeding voluntarily, and China is an example of too little too late.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2019, 09:01 PM
    So some races are more idiots than others? Is that what you meant? Good luck getting humans to stop breeding voluntarily, and China is an example of too little too late.
    Yes, Tal, I understand the attraction that leads to population growth, China tried and created another problem, however, their efforts may have impact eventually. The real problem is lack of war, the last 50 years have not had the same effect on the population as did the previous century. As to some races being idiots, it is racist to point it out, however, research has suggested that some races are smarter than others, which may demonstrate why some didn't get much past the stone age, while others enjoyed great development. Some are not as smart as they think they are, witness the degradation Japan and Germany brought upon themselves

If we had left the Chinese in their blissful ignorance we wouldn't have the problems we do today, and one day we may say the same of India
    Expert

Nov 27, 2019, 07:59 AM
    LOL, never heard the lack of war being a bad thing before, but if we need a war to solve problems then you Aussies better start killing folks. Can't find your guns? I'm sure we could sell you a few. Discount for allies.

That was a rather bizarre post even for you Clete.

Nov 27, 2019, 01:42 PM
    Paraclete: I know you aren't promoting a World War, I know that: But it doesn't necessarily take a big war to wipe out millions: In 1918, while WWI was still raging, there came about a world wide "Spanish Flu Pandemic" that killed 50 million people.....we haven't had any big PANDEMICS for a long time....The world doesn't have the stomach for a whole lot of killing anymore but "natural kill-offs" from a pandemic could get the job done.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2019, 02:17 PM
    .we haven't had any big PANDEMICS for a long time....The world doesn't have the stomach for a whole lot of killing anymore but "natural kill-offs" from a pandemic could get the job done.
    Good Lord! Now they're discussing the most efficient way to kill off millions of people. It gets loonier and loonier!!!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2019, 02:19 PM
    LOL, never heard the lack of war being a bad thing before, but if we need a war to solve problems then you Aussies better start killing folks. Can't find your guns? I'm sure we could sell you a few. Discount for allies.

That was a rather bizarre post even for you Clete.

No Tal, we have plenty of guns, it is a myth promoted by the american right that we don't have guns, what we don't have is mayhem. So you think my thoughts bizzaire?

Paraclete: I know you aren't promoting a World War, I know that: But it doesn't necessarily take a big war to wipe out millions: In 1918, while WWI was still raging, there came about a world wide "Spanish Flu Pandemic" that killed 50 million people.....we haven't had any big PANDEMICS for a long time....The world doesn't have the stomach for a whole lot of killing anymore but "natural kill-offs" from a pandemic could get the job done.
    Vac, don't go there
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2019, 02:48 PM
    I find myself in the rather bizarre position of agreeing, at least somewhat, with Athos's sentiment,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Climate change?? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: Look, I'm a climate change denier too, but this is some crazy weather we're having, huh? So, even though global warming is a hoax, if my home had been destroyed by Sandy, I wouldn't temp fate again. I'd move or rebuild it on stilts. You? 98% of the worlds scientists AGREE that...

Climate Change [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it there? How has it changed? What are the different perspectives? What has been done?

Climate Change? [ 195 Answers ]

Hello: I seem to recall that when it was cold, the climate change deniers said, LOOK at that. It's cold. Global warming MUST be a hoax... Ok, LOOK at that. Massive flooding in the mid west, massive drought in the south west, unending tornadoes, and a humongous snow pack. If we have a hot...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

View more questions Search