Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2019, 10:02 AM
    You can easily fact check Athos and find that he is correct about his FACTS. Explaining it to a closed minded person who is in denial is the issue, not the FACTS!
    Like his "facts" about Aquinas or his "facts" about Matthew copying Mark? Give me a break.

Just pick one and see what it says about the economic situation on 2007. How simple is that since even though we have linked it and talked it to death, and you still say it didn't happen. Nothing else I can do for you there bud!
    Exactly right. There is nothing you can do.

but it would help if you would be more specific about that irresponsible spending over decades that has ballooned the deficit. Then we can discuss those specifics.
    More specific, kind of like saying that, even adjusted for inflation, the feds spend 300% more now than just 40 years ago? You mean that kind of specifics? Or that we spend more than twice as much now as just 18 years ago? That kind of being specific? Is that what you're after? Or the fact that Obama nearly doubled the national debt in only eight years. Is that specific enough for you?

You want to investigate everybody in congress and there mama's, go ahead. Let me know how that works because I think you need evidence and not just right wing loony conspiracy theories that get debunked with REAL investigations.
    You're the one who suggested we investigate all the lying and cheating. OK. That's fine with me, but you really don't want to do that. You want to aim all your hatred and vitriol at Trump and let your beloved dems get away with anything they want. I won't go with you on that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2019, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Like his "facts" about Aquinas or his "facts" about Matthew copying Mark? Give me a break.
    That is how ancient man communicated, but I wasn't talking about the bible I refer to the facts and reality of NOW!

Exactly right. There is nothing you can do.
    Was that snark, or a dodge because you got nothing just NOISE?

More specific, kind of like saying that, even adjusted for inflation, the feds spend 300% more now than just 40 years ago? You mean that kind of specifics? Or that we spend more than twice as much now as just 18 years ago? That kind of being specific? Is that what you're after? Or the fact that Obama nearly doubled the national debt in only eight years. Is that specific enough for you?
    No I was referring to being specific on what the money was spent on. Or an accounting for rising cost of living or other pertinent factors to discuss.

You're the one who suggested we investigate all the lying and cheating. OK. That's fine with me, but you really don't want to do that. You want to aim all your hatred and vitriol at Trump and let your beloved dems get away with anything they want. I won't go with you on that.
    Maybe we should investigate you for some kind of insanity, and I admit the dufus's lying cheating and bullying does irk me though not to the degree your rhetoric suggest. I figure you should be irked at his antics words and behavior too, but since you got your tax cuts and conservative judges during good economic times you may be placated enough to ignore the other crap he spews.

He makes more noise than the average loony and we know you wingers love noise, since your incompetence didn't allow you to lock up HC, or Obama for that matter.

OUR TURN!
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2019, 10:57 AM
    That is how ancient man communicated, but I wasn't talking about the bible I refer to the facts and reality of NOW
    You know that wasn't the point. I don't accept anything a person on this board says is a "fact". Investigate it all. There are some here who have a history of distorting the truth.

Was that snark, or a dodge because you got nothing just NOISE?
    I was simply agreeing with you. You have claimed something to be true for which you clearly have no evidence, so there is nothing else you can do. Exactly correct.

No I was referring to being specific on what the money was spent on. Or an accounting for rising cost of living or other pertinent factors to discuss.
    When we go broke, I'm sure it will be comforting to you when you check into what the MONEY WE DIDN'T HAVE was spent on. That's just excuse making. The truth is, you won't get on the balanced budget bandwagon because you know full well that your hero, Mr. Obama, was the biggest budget offender of all time. But if you ever decide to get honest, then perhaps we can join together in raising our voices for fiscal sanity. Sadly, I won't hold my breath until that happens.

Maybe we should investigate you for some kind of insanity, and I admit the dufus's lying cheating and bullying does irk me though not to the degree your rhetoric suggest. I figure you should be irked at his antics words and behavior too, but since you got your tax cuts and conservative judges during good economic times you may be placated enough to ignore the other crap he spews.
    I despise his abrasive words and behavior, just like I despised Obama's slick lying. The difference between me and you is that you hate Trump and so you are critical of him, but you practically worship Obama so you won't say anything negative about him. I am an equal opportunity criticizer. If you ever get to the place of being willing to be honest about Obama, then your words about Trump will begin to have a ring of honesty to them and not just the tinkling sound of desperate partisanship.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2019, 08:37 PM
    jlisenbe: Today's society claims they want truth but what they really want is "packaging" of information so that it is "fed to them" and it smells good.....its all about how good this version of truth sounds and how good this version of truth looks.....and this is one reason TRUMP isn't popular with these "touchy-feely" types: TRUMPS speaks truth WITHOUT the packaging: Its appropriate to steal the movie line: "You want the TRUTH? You can't handle the TRUTH!".

What will be funnier than all hades will be when TRUMP trounces his opponent in Nov., 2020: He is going beat the bricks off of them and even they know it. Can you imagine a weirdo like Bloomberg or Biden against Trump: Trump will clean his boots on them.
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 02:37 AM
    @JL

I recognize the Tea Party mentality, and like the movement was subverted by establishment repubs before, you have allowed the dufus to subvert it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    jlisenbe: Today's society claims they want truth but what they really want is "packaging" of information so that it is "fed to them" and it smells good.....its all about how good this version of truth sounds and how good this version of truth looks.....and this is one reason TRUMP isn't popular with these "touchy-feely" types: TRUMPS speaks truth WITHOUT the packaging: Its appropriate to steal the movie line: "You want the TRUTH? You can't handle the TRUTH!".

What will be funnier than all hades will be when TRUMP trounces his opponent in Nov., 2020: He is going beat the bricks off of them and even they know it. Can you imagine a weirdo like Bloomberg or Biden against Trump: Trump will clean his boots on them.
    Naw Vac, people just want to be listened to and acknowledged even if it's different than the preconceived notions of what's always been acceptable. That's our conflict, folks are tired of fitting into neat little categories to please the so called mainstream.

LOL, even if the dufus gets re elected will he have a congress that can protect him still? Half the country wants him impeached AND removed, Maybe he doesn't get removed, but he may end up severely limited and that is a good outcome too. Truth is you guys should have paid better attention when you lost the House, and started covering your butts by toning down the noise.

The TRUTH is it depends on the 2018 turnout. Dems don't have to win the WH to win the election, just winning the congress against a lame duck dufus will make a heckuva difference on the right wing loony fun and games. Just ask Obama how that works.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2019, 05:26 AM
    I don't know how you can celebrate your government becoming ineffective. It seems, on average, your government is effective for a small period every four years and maybe not even then. I know the word Congress is the opposite of progress but you don't have to prove it. I live in a place where this happens much more rarely, although it did happen last week: bloody communists, reactionaries and independents. There is nothing worse than a lame duck government just sitting there taking abuse
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 05:41 AM
    I expect Trump to win easily, especially if polling is correct which shows that he is going to get a significant portion of the black vote. If that happens, then it's over for the dems.
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I don't know how you can celebrate your government becoming ineffective. It seems, on average, your government is effective for a small period every four years and maybe not even then. I know the word Congress is the opposite of progress but you don't have to prove it. I live in a place where this happens much more rarely, although it did happen last week: bloody communists, reactionaries and independents. There is nothing worse than a lame duck government just sitting there taking abuse
    Certainly makes you wonder how the US of A is the top country in the world despite our ineffective lazy arrogant a$$es and has been for an awful long time.

I expect Trump to win easily, especially if polling is correct which shows that he is going to get a significant portion of the black vote. If that happens, then it's over for the dems.
    Define significant!
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 06:01 AM
    Define significant!
    Polling shows it to be as much as a third of the black vote. If he can go from 8% to 30%, he will win easily, and it will be an alarm bell for the dems to see black voters fleeing from their addiction to liberal ideals. It is bound to happen sooner or later.

Dec 1, 2019, 06:51 AM
    Paraclete: Like Talaniman alluded to: Yes, we may be IMPERFECT but the U.S. is about AS PERFECT AS YOU ARE GOING TO FIND IN THIS WORLD in terms of our election process and Governmental architecture. In the U.S., we have ELECTION cycles of 2 year Congressman, 6 years Senator, and 4 year President: WE GET WHAT WE VOTE FOR, ITS THE AMERICAN WAY. If the result of that voting selection is such that it means gridlock, well, that is what it is: Its our democracy in action, even though, technically, the United States is a Republic. In any event, WE AIN'T CHANGING OUR SYSTEM.
    Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 10:50 AM
    Polling shows it to be as much as a third of the black vote. If he can go from 8% to 30%, he will win easily, and it will be an alarm bell for the dems to see black voters fleeing from their addiction to liberal ideals. It is bound to happen sooner or later.
    Dream on but don't bet the farm on black voters helping the dufus significantly more than they have.
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 02:47 PM
    Dream on but don't bet the farm on black voters helping the dufus significantly more than they have
    I think black voters are a lot smarter than you give them credit. Many of them know what an amazing economy we are presently enjoying and who is responsible for much of it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 05:13 PM
    I think black voters are a lot smarter than you give them credit. Many of them know what an amazing economy we are presently enjoying and who is responsible for much of it.
    And they don't see women and POC in his cabinet and see 95% whites at his rallies. (What "amazing economy"?)
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 06:19 PM
    And they don't see women and POC in his cabinet and see 95% whites at his rallies. (What "amazing economy"?)
    Please, please tell me your comment about the economy was a joke.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2019, 06:26 PM
    I guess you just don't understand sarcasm
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 1, 2019, 06:41 PM
    Please, please tell me your comment about the economy was a joke.
    Care for a kool-aid refill?
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2019, 07:43 PM
    So you admit it was a joke. Thank goodness. I was worried about you.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2019, 12:58 AM
    Yup, you are correct there and while on paper the economy is healthy, the amazing part is not shared by as many as you think, and most people are smart enough to know that the dufus is a small part of that health. Just consider the huge number of Americans not invested in the stock market and go from there. Unfortunately for you, half the country is wondering when that amazing economy trickles down enough to cover rising cost of goods services and just plain living.

Specifically black voters are a whole lot smarter than you think they are for sure and have seen this movie before, and know a lying cheating white man when we see it that is a racist to boot. Not just blacks, but Latinos and females as well. You can read and spout all the propaganda you want to about the glory of the dufus, that doesn't change the FACT half the country wants him investigated, impeached, and removed from office.

For all the right wing noise that process has already started.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2019, 05:16 AM
    You guys are a lost cause

Dec 2, 2019, 05:26 AM
    Talaniman: "The process" of removing Trump from office require a continuum of traction: The "chain" pulling this garage bin of accusations must not have any weak links....and disconnects in train require it to start over, and that is the problem: No momentum for Trump's removal will ever be enough....why? Because the SENATE TRIAL knocks the whole process off the rails. TRUMP TRAIN will keep on chugging along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Climate change?? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: Look, I'm a climate change denier too, but this is some crazy weather we're having, huh? So, even though global warming is a hoax, if my home had been destroyed by Sandy, I wouldn't temp fate again. I'd move or rebuild it on stilts. You? 98% of the worlds scientists AGREE that...

Climate Change [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it there? How has it changed? What are the different perspectives? What has been done?

Climate Change? [ 195 Answers ]

Hello: I seem to recall that when it was cold, the climate change deniers said, LOOK at that. It's cold. Global warming MUST be a hoax... Ok, LOOK at that. Massive flooding in the mid west, massive drought in the south west, unending tornadoes, and a humongous snow pack. If we have a hot...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

View more questions Search