Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 05:58 PM
    Mother Nature has probably wiped mankind off the face of the Earth multiple times and we just keep starting all over.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2019, 06:46 PM
    no evidence of that
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2019, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Stopping whatever is going on with weather system and weather cycles is a fool's folly. The earth will warm and cool as it so chooses or as system effects drive it, regardless of what WE do....WE have little to no impact
    Fouling our waterways doesn't make an impact? Allowing plastic to dominate our everyday life and end up as visible and invisible waste on land and in the sea doesn't make an impact? Burning down the Amazon and other forests doesn't make an impact? "And I brought you into a plentiful land to enjoy its fruits and its good things. But when you came in, you defiled my land and made my heritage an abomination." Jer. 2:7
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2019, 08:50 PM
    Fouling our waterways doesn't make an impact? Allowing plastic to dominate our everyday life and end up as visible and invisible waste on land and in the sea doesn't make an impact? Burning down the Amazon and other forests doesn't make an impact?
    Those things are significant, but not nearly as significant as people try to make them out to be. For instance, there is actually more forested area in North America now than a hundred years ago, so the burning of forests must not be very widespread.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 05:19 AM
    Try telling that to the people whose water and land have been fouled by industries how insignificant their plight is. Let me know what they tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    no evidence of that
    No evidence it didn't happen either while we discover old ancient ruins tens of thousand of years old of ancient peoples, beneath the sands and oceans and in the jungles of undeveloped lands.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 06:55 AM
    Try telling that to the people whose water and land have been fouled by industries how insignificant their plight is. Let me know what they tell you.
    In our country if your land has been "fouled by industries" you can take them to court and force them to clean it up. It has happened many times.

No evidence it didn't happen either while we discover old ancient ruins tens of thousand of years old of ancient peoples, beneath the sands and oceans and in the jungles of undeveloped lands.
    I don't think there have been any discoveries of ancient ruins that are "tens of thousands" of years old. Thousands of years old, but not tens of thousands of years. If you know of any, then post it here.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 07:05 AM
    Gladly as there are many throught the world.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 07:10 AM
    Did you bother yourself to read that article? If you did, you know that those sites are all hotly debated as to whether or not, in some cases, they were even man made, and the dating of the sites was in question. Besides, none of your examples were dated at "tens of thousands" of years old, so your link does not make your case at all. So rather than "many throughout the world", there are currently "zero throughout the world".
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 07:21 AM
    I'll stick with what I post and you can be the skeptic all you want too, since you usually are when things don't line up to your view of things. How about this one for your closed minded perusal.

What are you one of those the Earth is 6,000 years old fanatics?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2019, 07:25 AM
    Talaniman: A lot of times, the people of an area or town DON'T EVEN KNOW that they are drinking polluted water until some do-gooder tells them! If it was that bad, they would know from the taste! Ever taste water in Savannah, Ga. or Brunswick, Ga. or Jacksonville, Fla.? Tastes like sh&$! You think its fouled but its only the heavy calcium load and Sulphur depositions....smells like a goats arse! But fine to drink, other than helping you to develop kidney stones.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 08:14 AM
    Yes I'm sure the people in places like Flint Mi. could have used a do gooder sooner. Many more examples of cancer and disease have emerged well before a do gooder did.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 12:49 PM
    I'll stick with what I post and you can be the skeptic all you want too, since you usually are when things don't line up to your view of things. How about this one for your closed minded perusal.
    If you had read the article, you would know that I am not the skeptic. The article itself said that, in the case of four of the five supposed sites, there was dispute over their authenticity or even if the site was man-made or not. Now that was YOUR article that said that, so I'm sticking with your link that it clearly seems you did not read.

What are you one of those the Earth is 6,000 years old fanatics?
    That might turn out to be the case, but I'm not in that camp. I am, however, in the camp of those who believe in actually reading what they post. Even your second article was about a site "estimated" to be 14,000 years old. Even if that is true, it does not fit the definition of "tens of thousands" of years old, so you have come up with zilch to support your claim. There is no point in getting mad at me about it. It was not my claim but yours.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 04:25 PM
    Relax dude, I ain't mad at ya, or surprised at your closed minded dismissiveness, and if you don't want to acknowledge or discuss the possibilities that's cool with me. Wouldn't be the first time and surely won't be the last.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2019, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Relax dude, I ain't mad at ya, or surprised at your closed minded dismissiveness, and if you don't want to acknowledge or discuss the possibilities that's cool with me. Wouldn't be the first time and surely won't be the last.
    Well, another smokey morning on the mountain, we will be calling this old smokey soon, no Panorama today, but I think you need to relax, dude, smell the roses and resign yourself to the inevitable. You have at least another year of your torment. I know my problems pale into insignificant in the face of the momentous challenge you face, after all, you are faced with that fierce dragon, Trump, who roars and breathes fire and challenges the very existence of something, and not a dragon slayer in sight
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 04:42 PM
    your closed minded dismissiveness, and if you don't want to acknowledge or discuss the possibilities that's cool with me. Wouldn't be the first time and surely won't be the last.
    I would be glad to discuss the "possibilities" with you as soon as you come up with something to discuss. My "dismissiveness", as I showed you, comes from the content of your own two articles which you clearly did not bother to read. Incredible.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2019, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would be glad to discuss the "possibilities" with you as soon as you come up with something to discuss. My "dismissiveness", as I showed you, comes from the content of your own two articles which you clearly did not bother to read. Incredible.
    Never mind guy, just forget it, as I have explained why I linked those articles and if you don't grasp it then just forget it, it's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Well, another smokey morning on the mountain, we will be calling this old smokey soon, but I think you need to relax, dude, smell the roses and resign yourself to the inevitable. You have at least another year of your torment. I know my problems pale into insignificant in the face of the momentous challenge you face, after all, you are faced with that fierce dragon, Trump, who roars and breathes fire and challenges the very existence of something, and not a dragon slayer in sight
    No Clete your challenges are huge and in many ways worse than a Dragan running around with no dragon slayer in sight.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2019, 06:09 PM
    Never mind guy, just forget it, as I have explained why I linked those articles and if you don't grasp it then just forget it, it's no big deal.
    Actually you have not explained at all why you would link articles that do not in any way support your position, but as you say, it's not big deal.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2019, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

No Clete your challenges are huge and in many ways worse than a Dragon running around with no dragon slayer in sight.
    Yes I think the dragon has been running around here spreading fire all about, This is definitely the worst fire season we have faced, I cannot remember one as widespread as this, certainly, I cannot remember days of smoke haze blanketing the town and as I sometimes suffer with asthma I have to be careful. It certainly doesn't look like Christmas
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2019, 05:27 AM
    Paraclete: Never heard it verbalized the way you put it here but the DRAGON analogy with Trump is a good one: Trump walked into the STATUS QUO POLITICS AS USUAL PLAYPEN we have had in place forever and didn't asked for permission...he didn't follow the patent RULES, he didn't just GO ALONG with all the schemes they had set up years and years before...the denizen vermin had a nice little Payton Place set up and Trump came in and knocked their little sand castles down....Trump is an outsider! The denizens of "The Swamp" had everyone convinced that you had to be a POLITICIAN to be POTUS: Trump destroyed that illusion and that is what all this Russia Investigation and Impeachment crap is all about: Trying to get rid of the guy who disrupted their little perfect world....everyone knows it, too, but they won't say it but its the truth.
    Expert

Dec 9, 2019, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Actually you have not explained at all why you would link articles that do not in any way support your position, but as you say, it's not big deal.
    Look dude I just reported the possibility of the discovery of ancient human settlement that may be older than known before, and unlike you I have no problem with the criticism or opposite view. My original position that man has been here longer than first presumes still stands as a possibility. If you want to argue the inaccuracy of the numbers go ahead but be aware that a that it is but a range of the estimates and nobody expects exactness. nor is it an indication as YOU put forth of complete dismissal.

At least tell me you know the difference between dismiss, debunk, and disproved. You only have one of those descriptions on your side. without any evidence to support it at all. Typical fundamentalist's thinking, if it's not an exact match to your preconceived notion then it cannot count. By your thinking any thing we discuss that includes oppositional or contradictory thinking should be ignored? I don't dismiss the possibility of another view as easily as you seem able to.

I strive for the opposite. ALL the possibilities to examine. Afraid of being wrong are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Climate change?? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: Look, I'm a climate change denier too, but this is some crazy weather we're having, huh? So, even though global warming is a hoax, if my home had been destroyed by Sandy, I wouldn't temp fate again. I'd move or rebuild it on stilts. You? 98% of the worlds scientists AGREE that...

Climate Change [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it there? How has it changed? What are the different perspectives? What has been done?

Climate Change? [ 195 Answers ]

Hello: I seem to recall that when it was cold, the climate change deniers said, LOOK at that. It's cold. Global warming MUST be a hoax... Ok, LOOK at that. Massive flooding in the mid west, massive drought in the south west, unending tornadoes, and a humongous snow pack. If we have a hot...

EU Agrees Climate Change [ 95 Answers ]

Hello Today ahead of a meeting in Copenhagen it was agreed that the EU will fund the improvement of the newer states to help them bring into line their emissons News Sniffer - Revisionista 'EU strikes climate funding deal' diff viewer (2/3) The essence is the EU will offer some 100bn...

View more questions Search