Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2019, 11:11 AM
    Does anyone think that the era of 24/7 NEWS COVERAGE is suffocating us? I know, Talaniman: We have a channel changer! But we have to be a bit crazy to indulge in EVERY little bit of gossip that comes over the air waves: Its like eating until you burst! My brother once said: "if you look into a bucket of jelly beans and you only want the black ones, then you will only see the black jelly beans....you become blind to the rest"......I think we become tone deaf to portions of NEWS that don't fit our DESIRED NARRATIVE. We end up "cherry-picking" the news.....not a healthy thing to do.

Also: Sensationalism SELLS! How many times have we heard about "BOMBSHELL" news that turned out to be mere firecracker duds? This, too, is disingenuous.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2019, 12:25 PM
    Also: Sensationalism SELLS! How many times have we heard about "BOMBSHELL" news that turned out to be mere firecracker duds? This, too, is disingenuous.
    That's another good point. News channels are businesses out to make a profit. That can create problems.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2019, 03:38 PM
    Now that's something we can all agree on.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2019, 03:55 PM
    Now that's something we can all agree on.
    Hooray!!

Nov 11, 2019, 05:27 PM
    Here, here! An agreement: Bickering, insulting, and offending, as we go but we are AMERICANS!

My Daddy would be 95 years old if he was alive today/96 come January, and a Vet: I hope all of you remembered to thank a veteran today! We owe them so much.....and despite everything, all of our differences, WE HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!
    Expert

Nov 11, 2019, 05:52 PM
    Here Here, another agreement.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2019, 06:21 PM
    Here Here, another agreement.
    Yes indeed.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2019, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Does anyone think that the era of 24/7 NEWS COVERAGE is suffocating us? I know, Talaniman: We have a channel changer! But we have to be a bit crazy to indulge in EVERY little bit of gossip that comes over the air waves:
    This is interesting coming from you V7. You yourself have promoted the craziness in one of your posts here (below). The gossip you engaged in was an outright untruth. Biden was telling the Ukrainians to investigate Burisma, not his son. The son part was later claimed by Trump supporters to smear his political opponent, Joe Biden.

I (V7) did see a video of Joe Biden bragging about getting the Ukrainians to end their investigation of his son Hunter....that we did hear and see.
    Nobody but you "saw and heard it".
    Expert

Nov 12, 2019, 03:45 AM
    Here is an under reported story.

Nov 12, 2019, 05:38 AM
    Athos: There is a YouTube video of Biden bragging about stopping the investigation of his son.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2019, 09:32 AM
    There is a video showing Biden bragging about getting the prosecutor fired. The reason for the firing is less clear.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:41 AM
    jlisenbe: From REALCLEARPOLITICS (you know, the same one with quick-Silver who predicted Hillary defeating Trump): There is a video of Biden bragging at the CFR Meeting about withholding aid to the Ukraine to force the firing of the top Ukrainian State Prosecutor, Viktor Shokin…..The same Viktor Shokin who was leading an investigation into the affairs of a natural gas firm that had hired Hunter Biden...…..Now, in all honesty, why did Biden single out this particular prosecutor? The answer is obvious.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2019, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Athos: There is a YouTube video of Biden bragging about stopping the investigation of his son.
    Then provide a link to this so-called video. If not, admit you are wrong.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2019, 11:13 AM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXAxzddS4o

This is part of a BBC report. Start at about the one minute mark. They are critical of Biden and Trump both. It has the video of Biden saying he got the prosecutor fired. He also adds he was withholding funding until Ukraine did what he wanted.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2019, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXAxzddS4o

This is part of a BBC report. Start at about the one minute mark. They are critical of Biden and Trump both. It has the video of Biden saying he got the prosecutor fired. He also adds he was withholding funding until Ukraine did what he wanted.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? This video clearly states that "there is NO evidence that Biden stated the prosecutor was investigating his son". NONE! Nada!

In fact, it is stated TWICE! What's wrong with you two? Can't you hear? See?

It's one thing to believe something. It's quite another to offer proof of something that absolutely proves the OPPOSITE! This is typical right-wing BS, offering false statements as true.
    Expert

Nov 12, 2019, 11:28 AM
    Let me know when you find that video and it contradicts the one I provided. Meanwhile let's get some facts about this obvious dufus conspiracy theory. I think I may have provided you similar links before so get the dufus LIES out of your head my friends.

But though Biden may have taken credit for it, this was hardly his unique idea. “Everyone in the Western community wanted Shokin sacked,” Anders Aslund, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, told the Wall Street Journal. “The whole G-7, the IMF, the EBRD, everybody was united that Shokin must go, and the spokesman for this was Joe Biden.”The people of Ukraine wanted Shokin gone as well, and demonstrated for his removal around the time of Biden’s threat. Shortly after that demonstration, Shokin was dismissed.

Trump hopes to distract from the whistleblower by pushing a conspiracy theory
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2019, 11:38 AM
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? This video clearly states that "there is NO evidence that Biden stated the prosecutor was investigating his son". NONE! Nada!

In fact, it is stated TWICE! What's wrong with you two? Can't you hear? See?

It's one thing to believe something. It's quite another to offer proof of something that absolutely proves the OPPOSITE! This is typical right-wing BS, offering false statements as true.
    If only I could teach you how to read. Your life would be so much better. Vac and I both made reference to a video about Biden boasting about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired. You asked where the video was. I gave it to you. It plainly shows what I referenced and the reporter said the same thing. I never said there was any evidence that his son was involved. So calm down. You asked for the video and you now have it. You're going to have a heart attack one of these days by letting your imagination get so carried away with you. Now if you want to put a quote up where I made a false statement, then go for it. I'm not aware I made one.

In fact I'll help you out. Here's my statement. "There is a video showing Biden bragging about getting the prosecutor fired. The reason for the firing is less clear." There is nothing false there. Now maybe it's your turn to admit to a falsehood? There was a time when I thought the connection with his son was very clear. I would now say a person might imply it, but I don't know of any hard evidence to make that connection.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2019, 12:16 PM
    Vac and I both made reference to a video about Biden boasting about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired. You asked where the video was. I gave it to you.
    "There is a Youtube video of Biden bragging about stopping the investigation of his son". Word for word from V7.

It is OBVIOUSLY NOT the video V7 was referring to! You imply it is.

You asked for the video and you now have it.
    WRONG! I clearly asked for the video showing Biden bragging about stopping the investigation of his son. You sent a video that had nothing to do with the issue - even time marked. This bit of mis-direction is par for the course for you.

In fact I'll help you out. Here's my statement. "There is a video showing Biden bragging about getting the prosecutor fired. The reason for the firing is less clear."
    That was NOT the issue between V7 and me. How dense can you be?

There was a time when I thought the connection with his son was very clear. I would now say a person might imply it, but I don't know of any hard evidence to make that connection.
    Why didn't you say that in the first place?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2019, 01:00 PM
    That was NOT the issue between V7 and me. How dense can you be?
    That reply of mine was not to you. It was to Vac. And this is the post immediately before you asked for the video where Vac says, "There is a video of Biden bragging at the CFR Meeting about withholding aid to the Ukraine to force the firing of the top Ukrainian State Prosecutor, Viktor Shokin…"

That's the video you were given.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2019, 09:53 PM
    That reply of mine was not to you. It was to Vac. And this is the post immediately before you asked for the video where Vac says, "There is a video of Biden bragging at the CFR Meeting about withholding aid to the Ukraine to force the firing of the top Ukrainian State Prosecutor, Viktor Shokin…"
    You neglected to include, "Now, in all honesty, why did Biden single out this particular prosecutor? The answer is obvious"

That sort of alters the meaning, n'est pas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

well that's good news [ 10 Answers ]

Opinion: Obama says goodbye to American hubris - CNN.com we will see an end to american hubris, if only it were so

Fair and balanced public education system [ 85 Answers ]

Philadelphia student says teacher mocked her for wearing Romney shirt - Philly.com Guess it is only OK, if it is the Democratic view point talked about in schools. I guess by controlling the teachers union you teach the kids only what you want them to know, so they will be your future voting...

What is a good science fair title if my science fair question is... [ 2 Answers ]

Which salt will cool a beverage the fastest with ice and water. And can u make my question better

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

View more questions Search