Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,704, Reputation: 171
    Ultra Member
     
    #41

    Nov 9, 2019, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    WRONG! You offer yourself as some sort of expert on American law. Well, you sure got this one wrong. An illegal act is NOT required for impeachment.
    No, high crimes and misdemeanors, whatever that means, and it can be a political process if the will exists, I am aware of that, and no doubt Trump is guilty of being stupid
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #42

    Nov 10, 2019, 05:30 AM
    One thing that's most frustrating about you wingers is your LACK of doing your homework. There is so much stuff out there documenting everything that's gone on with that episode I just don't understand how you could get it wrong. You see all these crooks go to jail, get kicked out of office, get fired, quit, and still you make stuff up. The dufus gets banned and fined over his charity work, and HC gets an "A" rating and grows her charity. Whose the bad guy? The Clintons.

    I can forgive the wingers for not reading the Mueller Report, but not the congress specifically repubs. They read it of course but bought the party line that defends the dufus. Frankly that's just too much to ignore as Roger the Dodger Stone is finding out. Yup add his name to the list of grifters in the dufus orbit.

    No Clete, the dufus is guilty of a lot more than just stupidity. That's not the real issue. Will he get away with it is the issue.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,274, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #43

    Nov 10, 2019, 05:58 AM
    Tal, can you tell us any one specific piece of evidence that proves Trump's guilt?
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #44

    Nov 10, 2019, 07:32 AM
    You could start with what the Mueller Report actually says as opposed to the cover up the dufus and Barr actually are spinning. Then you would know you're being lied to, given the bipartasan conclusion reached by the Senate about Russian cyber attacks, based on the Intell community hearings before the senate.

    That leads to a question of why the dufus wants Ukraine to find a server he thinks they have clearing Russia of such actions they have been accused of. Start there and do your own due dilligence, before you dismiss obvious facts. Tell me where is his evidence that his version of events is even credible, given the FACTS that this was debated, investigated and DEBUNKED.

    I suppose that it's a given that the internet gives even right wing loonies a voice, but the option is to vet stuff for yourself in a search for FACTS. That's what this whole exercise against the dufus is all about, finding the FACTS and presenting them to the public and seeing if indeed charges should be filed against him, given to the senate, and they will decide what's to be done about it.

    Frankly I'm excited to see what's done about the 13 testimonies gotten so far that not only corroborates the WBers story, but reveals the extent of the dufus's involvement in advancing his own self interest.

    LOL, after all the hollering about HC's emails, this administration has finally absolved her of wrongdoing. It was a smear campaign to help repubs win the WH! (My conclusion)!
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 506, Reputation: 54
    Senior Member
     
    #45

    Nov 10, 2019, 12:26 PM
    Tal - as usual your two excellent summaries above are must reading for the loonies because they are based on FACTS, something the Republicans have long discarded.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,274, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #46

    Nov 10, 2019, 01:28 PM
    There was a FACT in there? Facts and unsubstantiated allegations are not the same.

    If the dems want to win the White House, they better come up with something better than Biden, Sanders, or Warren. Warren wants a Med for all program with no idea of how to come up with the extra two or three tril a year to pay for it. Sanders is a socialist better suited for Venezuela. Biden can't remember where he is half the time. Good luck with those three.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #47

    Nov 10, 2019, 01:34 PM
    Thanks Athos, I have come to the conclusion that repubs KNOW their constutents can't, or don't read so they can fill them with all kinds of nonsense. I know for FACT the dufus figured that out years ago and knew he could lies his A$$ off about anything and no one that voted for him would care and half don't KNOW!

    Those sheeple just wanted a shepherd even if it is a wolf in disguise. The repubs have defected to the Dufus Circus out of FEAR of the Thumpers!
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,274, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #48

    Nov 10, 2019, 01:37 PM
    I know for FACT the dufus figured that out years ago and knew he could lies his A$$ off about anything and no one that voted for him would care and half don't KNOW!
    Kind of like Obama did with you concerning Benghazi?
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #49

    Nov 10, 2019, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Kind of like Obama did with you concerning Benghazi?
    I'm not surprised that's your rebuttal, since it seems that's all you got. You never were interested in FACTS, or EVIDENCE just in getting your agenda across and manipulating an outcome for yourself. Don't you realize your zeal diminishes the credibility of the holier than thou stance you seek to take? Sure the right wing noise machine and Fox News have covered the Clintons with mud and she still rises above it all while you elevate a lying cheating dufus to the top.

    Don't ever question facts and evidence while you blow that right wing smoke up your own nose. Now we know why you really held your nose and voted for the biggest crook to ever be elected to anything in history.


    Trump delivered evangelicals from the shame of losing, and they will back him again in 2020 to avoid losing again. So perhaps we should take evangelicals at their word that they will support Trump come hell or high water, rather than twisting ourselves into knots trying to figure out why.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 506, Reputation: 54
    Senior Member
     
    #50

    Nov 10, 2019, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Kind of like Obama did with you concerning Benghazi?
    Nope, not like that at all. If you can't see the difference, there's little hope for you.

    //Later edit - typed before seeing Tal's response. His was better//
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,274, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #51

    Nov 10, 2019, 02:24 PM
    You never were interested in FACTS, or EVIDENCE just in getting your agenda across and manipulating an outcome for yourself.
    You really want me to believe that you are not out to "manipulating an outcome for yourself"?

    Don't you realize your zeal diminishes the credibility of the holier than thou stance you seek to take?
    They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You never heard that "holier than thou" expression until I used it about you about a dozen times. So allow me to say, "Thank you for the flattery."

    Don't ever question facts and evidence while you blow that right wing smoke up your own nose. Now we know why you really held your nose and voted for the biggest crook to ever be elected to anything in history.
    Like voting for HC was some sort of an act of holiness? No wonder I had to hold my nose. The smell is getting pretty bad with ideas like that.

    We'll find out when the hearings become public. I look forward to it. Either way, let justice be done.
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,704, Reputation: 171
    Ultra Member
     
    #52

    Nov 10, 2019, 02:24 PM
    No Clete, the dufus is guilty of a lot more than just stupidity. That's not the real issue. Will he get away with it is the issue.
    He is getting away with stupidity every day Tal, that is evident and anything else he has done is because of his stupidity, that is the root cause. So yes, it is the real issue since if he behaved otherwise there would be no evidence
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,274, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #53

    Nov 10, 2019, 02:28 PM
    He is getting away with stupidity every day Tal, that is evident and anything else he has done is because of his stupidity, that is the root cause. So yes, it is the real issue since if he behaved otherwise there would be no evidence
    Trump is stupid? With the current economy, we must need a lot more of that stupid.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #54

    Nov 10, 2019, 07:08 PM
    It wasn't his business acumen to take over an already good economy that was healthy and growing, but he did as repubs always do when the dems are god stewards of the finances, they take the cream for themselves and their buddies and leave everybody else with a few crumbs. It's been a pattern for decades.

    Sure he gets to brag to the red meat crowd and keep them fat and all riled up, but the rest just wait for election day. If he makes it that far. So go ahead and quote those scripture and try to tell me a God who don't like ugly won't take this dude to the hell he deserves one day. That is where the you say the criminals, liars, adulterers, and thieves go don't they?
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 506, Reputation: 54
    Senior Member
     
    #55

    Nov 10, 2019, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Trump is stupid? With the current economy, we must need a lot more of that stupid.
    Trump's economy is an extension of what began during Obama's administration.

    His tariff policy is a disaster waiting to happen, already causing business failures and bankruptcies.

    Trump promised to eliminate the national debt during his term. With his tax cuts for the wealthy, the debt has skyrocketed by about 2 trillion dollars. And of his promised benefits from the tax cut, NONE have occurred.

    The economy is best fairly called the Obama-Trump economy.

    Although, in my opinion, Obama faced an enormously more difficult economy than Trump did. Obama's actions were instrumental in warding off what could have been another Great Depression. Trump, in my opinion, has done very little to help the economy, and plenty to harm it.
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #56

    Nov 11, 2019, 03:59 AM
    Facts are fine: FACT: Media gets caught in bias.....is that not ALSO a FACT? And, its not just FOX, either: You remember the REPUTABLE DAN RATHER and his slander of George W. Bush, right? Just one example that comes to mind...just an outright lie....there are many others.

    My contention: MEDIA has long since forgotten journalism...and it doesn't matter if its Right or left: FACT IS there should be NO RIGHT OR LEFT IN REPORTING: JUST FACTS! I don't tune-in to hear your opinion or your bias, just THE FACTS!
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,704, Reputation: 171
    Ultra Member
     
    #57

    Nov 11, 2019, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Trump's economy is an extension of what began during Obama's administration.

    His tariff policy is a disaster waiting to happen, already causing business failures and bankruptcies.

    Trump promised to eliminate the national debt during his term. With his tax cuts for the wealthy, the debt has skyrocketed by about 2 trillion dollars. And of his promised benefits from the tax cut, NONE have occurred.

    The economy is best fairly called the Obama-Trump economy.

    Although, in my opinion, Obama faced an enormously more difficult economy than Trump did. Obama's actions were instrumental in warding off what could have been another Great Depression. Trump, in my opinion, has done very little to help the economy, and plenty to harm it.
    Suggesting that Trump is responsible for the economic cycle shows as much understanding of economics as Trump has, which is little. I think Trump's trade war is harming not only the US economy. Beggar my trading partner is never good strategy
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #58

    Nov 11, 2019, 04:55 AM
    You have to admit that todays journalists would be hard pressed to find some good facts about THIS president (Though righties have little problem defending him from relentless leftie attacks) who does wierd wacky stuff and lies an awful lot. Should those things NOT be reported? Then we have an almost a daily dose of those tweets, and personal attacks. Are these not news?

    Then Vac, there is the ultimate correction for those biased news shows you hate...your remote! Use it as liberally as necessary. Remember also this is silly season, elections and candidates dominate the news and you should expect wild and wacky stuff and mudslinging BS everywhere. Nature of the beast. Popcorn and Netflix is a viable solution, grand kids if you got 'em another.

    One thing though you have to accept especially a year before an election is there are politicians running for office, and we already have a dirt digging dufus who is also running to keep his job, and he does have opposition, so it's bound to get rather nasty as we get closer to JUDGEMENT Day.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,274, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #59

    Nov 11, 2019, 06:38 AM
    My contention: MEDIA has long since forgotten journalism...and it doesn't matter if its Right or left: FACT IS there should be NO RIGHT OR LEFT IN REPORTING: JUST FACTS! I don't tune-in to hear your opinion or your bias, just THE FACTS!
    Pretty good observation, Vac.

    Truth is, if Trump was Hillary, the liberals on this board would all be singing her praises for this amazing, record-setting economy we now have. I'm not a Trump fan, but to say he has not done well with the economy just reveals your biases. Some of you would argue the point if wages increased by 20% and unemployment was at 1%. You'd still find something to complain about.

    Now if you want to complain, you can bring up the budget deficits. I'll join you on that one. Of course that has been a legitimate complaint for ten years or more.

    BTW, it's Monday again. Hope everyone has a good week. It's good to be alive.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #60

    Nov 11, 2019, 08:23 AM
    I doubt that HC could take all the credit for this economy either, but we both agree whomever took office would have something to work with besides a global financial crisis. I have no doubt that even Obama could have survived if the recovery were much less than what it was while he was in the WH. That's one of the things a good economy papers over rather well the underlying social issues we had moved to the background and were distracted by the lack of money. The Tea Party got a shot of steroids so we got the dufus fueled by years of hate HC. That dynamic has been building since repubs regained the house and senate and just awaited a repub in the WH. McCain and Romney just didn't have that oomp repubs needed to unseat Obama, but they sure took his power in the congress, and if the dufus survives he may well have the same thing happen to him. If he does indeed survive with his senate sycophant's scared to buck him no matter what he does.

    Ever wonder how his racists chants have energized the right since he announced he was running? Well they have energized the left also and from the protests the day of his inauguration to the mid terms to now it should be a great turn out and that doesn't bode well for repubs or the dufus if he does squeak by AGAIN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

well that's good news [ 10 Answers ]

Opinion: Obama says goodbye to American hubris - CNN.com we will see an end to american hubris, if only it were so

Fair and balanced public education system [ 85 Answers ]

Philadelphia student says teacher mocked her for wearing Romney shirt - Philly.com Guess it is only OK, if it is the Democratic view point talked about in schools. I guess by controlling the teachers union you teach the kids only what you want them to know, so they will be your future voting...

What is a good science fair title if my science fair question is... [ 2 Answers ]

Which salt will cool a beverage the fastest with ice and water. And can u make my question better

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...


View more questions Search