Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iron jay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Reventing rough in toilet
    Hey, how's it going I need to know if I can use the exsisting vent stack to rough in a new toilet or do I have to install a new vent for for each. All answers welcome.

Thanks .:cool:
    Plmberman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 11:00 AM
    All you need to do is replace the exsisting bolts, wax seal, and put on the new toilet! Now if the water in the new toilet doesn't go down too well, your vent pipe might be clogged.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iron jay
    Hey, how's it going I need to know if I can use the exsisting vent stack to rough in a new toilet or do I have to install a new vent for for each. all answers welcome.

Thanks .:cool:
    Hi Jay,
    Your question leaves a bit of detail to be filled in. The term "rough in" means to me that you're adding and not just replacing a toilet. If by "new toilet" you mean "replacement toilet" then pimberman's entirely correct, however, if you're adding a toilet we will need more details. For instance, will this toilet be on the same level or will it install on a different one? If this is a new instalation why would you need to add a vent on the old installation?
    Jay! Ya got some "splaining" to do. Let's hear back from you. Cheers, Tom
    iron jay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Yeh, Hey there sorry about my last question about reventing rough in toilet. I often leave out important details. Iam installing a bathroom in a basement, I bought 3'' asb pipe for the rough in and added my copper water supply pipe floor hasn't been laid yet, but I just wanted to know if I can tap the exsisting vent pipe or if I have to reroute for a new one.Any and all answers welcome.

Thanks Iron Jay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

How far from the roughin wall to center line of waste should I set the toilet?

Toilet rough in and shower [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: The rough in of all the drainage for my basement bathroom was done before we poured the basement floor. Now I am at building the framing for the walls. My first question is this. How do you measure to install a toilet in the proper place, meaning, my wall is not framed yet, where on the...

Circuit/Reventing [ 15 Answers ]

I am adding a second bathroom group to my one story home. This group has a separate drain line that exits the home and ties into the main sewer drain line out in the middle of the yard before it goes into the city sewer. My question is can I revent this group back to the main stack instead of...

Toilet Flange on rough in [ 2 Answers ]

What all is involved in mounting a toilet flange to rough in on conrete? Thanks in advance!

Toilet in basement -already has rough in [ 3 Answers ]

Hi we are installing a toilet in the basement of our new home. There is already a 4 inch stub that was left by the contractors. I have a couple of questions. 1.What kind of flange do we need for it to be flush with the concrete? Should we just buy a 3" flange and glue it into the four inch...

View more questions Search