Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 05:39 AM
    Typical right wing hollering points as just like the dufus can do as he pleases, and Moscow Mitch does as he pleases, how you wingers balk at Nancy for doing as she pleases.
    So if all three of them can do as they please, then why are the dems bringing charges of impeachment?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2020, 06:23 AM
    This is the Schitt Show, remember? He started it, Nancy won't finish it. McConnel may have the Senate DISMISS the whole Impeachment.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 07:06 AM
    Yes he could no doubt, but the conversation while we wait for Nancy has been about a fair trial, and witnesses. Repubs could vote against both.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 07:10 AM
    The role of the Senate is to evaluate the evidence the House sends forward and rule on it. It is the job of the House to provide evidence. But if you want witnesses, then let's start with the Biden family and the whistle blower. I'm fine with that, but we both know the dems are terrified of it.

I think the problem is that the dems know they do not have a winning case. They are stalling for time in hopes of somehow finding something else, or trying to gain a little more political leverage. I think the American people are seeing what a useless, hate-filled circus this has become.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 07:34 AM
    Yeah half of America sees it that way, but the other half does NOT. Speak for your half why don't you.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2020, 08:59 AM
    All political orientations and preferences aside, in all of this Impeachment goings on and other immediate issues, ARE NOT YOU STILL AMAZED at the ARCHITECTURE of the U.S. Government, set forth by out Founding Fathers? The checks and balances, the requirements, the compartmentalization of it all, with specific and defined jobs for each: It just goes to show you how insightful and wonderful our Governmental structure is and why it is the model to beat.....and, I could care less that the people who occupy the Government today are fighting each other like two scorpions in a bottle, that is really immaterial.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 10:45 AM
    it is amazing and for all the battles between camps I sure wouldn't want a UNITED states against me. LOL, if this forum is any indication Americans love to fuss complain argue and debate. I look forward to seeing you guys everyday and sometimes ALL day.

8D
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 01:15 PM
    I'm sure I should know this, but what is the "8D" for?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2020, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Goodness gracious, JL!!!!!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=8D
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2020, 05:52 PM
    Well you can take your pick, it is either a happy face or something rude, in context, I would say it is saying I'm one up on you either way

{:>()=
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2020, 07:25 PM
    I must sadly confess my appalling ignorance in such matters. Please forgive!! (<;

I did like this. {:>()=
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 02:20 AM
    Actually it's a big friendly GRIN, JL, freely given in appreciation. and gratitude. What no GKids to keep you HIP?

Pelosi has made her point though, a fair trial with witnesses and I doubt if repubs want the quick show trial clearing the dufus before an election, or a circus with the distraction of side issues though the dufus has clearly been rattled by Bolton showing up, and has signaled he will invoke executive privilege if Bolton is called as a witness "to protect future presidents" are his words. This is going to be really good I think.

The charges may be sent to the senate in a week or too, and while Moscow Mitch has the votes to proceed, does he have the votes to immediately dismiss?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2020, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Actually it's a big friendly GRIN, JL, freely given in appreciation. and gratitude. What no GKids to keep you HIP?

Pelosi has made her point though, a fair trial with witnesses and I doubt if repubs want the quick show trial clearing the dufus before an election, or a circus with the distraction of side issues though the dufus has clearly been rattled by Bolton showing up, and has signaled he will invoke executive privilege if Bolton is called as a witness "to protect future presidents" are his words. This is going to be really good I think.

The charges may be sent to the senate in a week or too, and while Moscow Mitch has the votes to proceed, does he have the votes to immediately dismiss?
    I expect he will be in the position to proceed in whatever direction appears expedient
    Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 08:14 AM
    Expediant and preserves his majority leader role which depends on keeping the senate in repub hands. That won't be as easy peazy as repubs make it sound, as this is an election year and swing state repubs cannot appear to just rubber stamp the repub marching orders and expect to survive prinaries and the general election. Didn't work for them in 2018 in the House.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2020, 09:13 AM
    Pelosi has made her point though, a fair trial with witnesses
    That made me laugh. If you are ever so unfortunate as to be charged with a crime, pray that you will not be subjected to such a "fair trial" as the one they conducted where you are not even represented by counsel, the trial is conducted by your enemies, and you cannot even cross-examine the primary witness against you which was the whistle blower. Fair? Only on the basis of what a liberal dem sees.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 10:41 AM
    ...pray that you will not be subjected to such a "fair trial" as the one they conducted where you are not even represented by counsel, the trial is conducted by your enemies, and you cannot even cross-examine the primary witness against you which was the whistle blower. Fair? Only on the basis of what a liberal dem sees.
    That kind of kangaroo court is not what what will happen.

Who is trump's lawyer? His witnesses?
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2020, 10:54 AM
    That kind of kangaroo court is not what what will happen.

Who is trump's lawyer? His witnesses?
    The point is, that's the very kind of kangaroo court that did take place in the House. As for the Senate, if Miss Nancy will get off her rear end and send the charges over to the Senate, they can get on with business.

Trump did not get to have counsel in the House, nor did he get to select witnesses, and certainly did not get to cross examine the key accuser who was the whistle blower. Yeah. That was a really fair trial in the House.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 10:58 AM
    The point is, that's the very kind of kangaroo court that did take place in the House. As for the Senate, if Miss Nancy will get off her rear end and send the charges over to the Senate, they can get on with business.

Trump did not get to have counsel in the House, nor did he get to select witnesses, and certainly did not get to cross examine the key accuser who was the whistle blower. Yeah. That was a really fair trial in the House.
    Apparently, you don't understand what the House was supposed to do (they did it correctly) and what the Senate is supposed to do. Trump having counsel and witnesses is NOT part of the process in the House but IS in the Senate. There isn't a trial in the House; that's what happens in the Senate.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
    Trump having counsel and witnesses is NOT part of the process in the House but IS in the Senate.
    Where does it say that?

There isn't a trial in the House; that's what happens in the Senate.
    The job of the House is to impartially investigate the charges to see if there is sufficient evidence to justify what should be the incredibly serious step of bringing impeachment charges against the Pres. I have no idea how that can be done if the accused is not allowed representation, or if the CHIEF witness is not even allowed to testify and be cross examined.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2020, 12:38 PM
    Where does it say that?
    In the US Constitution.
    The job of the House is to impartially investigate the charges to see if there is sufficient evidence to justify what should be the incredibly serious step of bringing impeachment charges against the Pres. I have no idea how that can be done if the accused is not allowed representation, or if the CHIEF witness is not even allowed to testify and be cross examined.
    This isn't the time, during the investigatory phase, where lawyers and witnesses are needed to defend when the evidence is brought forward by the House. That happens during the trial, which the Senate oversees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

It's time to drawup articles of impeachment [ 45 Answers ]

Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News...

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

View more questions Search