Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2019, 06:54 PM
    Yeah. Having a cup of coffee is a much better idea.
    Yes I think I'll do that now, it would be more interesting than arguing back and forth
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2019, 06:59 PM
    it would be more interesting than arguing back and forth
    Very true.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2019, 07:06 PM
    Prosecutors interview witness after witness all the time and have you ever heard of any suspect saying NO to interviews and subpoenas? I mean 17 people smelling a stank cannot and should not be ignored, unless you think the president is above the law.

Plus it bothers me a guy can write a book, but not testify before the congress. His characterization of the whole mess was a drug deal. I want to know how he arrived at that conclusion. Getting an ambassador fired for corruption or whatever as part of a scheme by Rudy and his thug goons working for that Firtash guy is highly suspicious to me? You and repubs don't seem to bothered by that though.
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2019, 07:09 PM
    We just need a few more weeks, a few more witnesses, or a few more millions of dollars. Sorry, but enough is enough.
    Expert

Dec 17, 2019, 07:19 PM
    Don't expect dems to listen to you. Moscow Mitch just had a hissy fit because Schumer went public calling for witnesses. This is after MM went on Fox saying he will work with the WH on this impeachmet thing. I'll let you know when enough is enough after we impeach the dufus.

Nearly half the country agrees with me!
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2019, 08:07 PM
    Don't expect dems to listen to you. Moscow Mitch just had a hissy fit because Schumer went public calling for witnesses. This is after MM went on Fox saying he will work with the WH on this impeachmet thing. I'll let you know when enough is enough after we impeach the dufus.

Nearly half the country agrees with me!
    He will not be convicted and he will likely be reelected, possibly in a landslide. If that happens, then we'll see what you think then.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 05:03 AM
    Pretty optimistic of you, fair enough and a worst case scenerio for me. Losing the House and failing to take the senate, and keeping the dufus is the absolute worst thing for me, and our country. It's a long way off and much can happen between then and now.

I don't see a landslide though, but I've screwed up before. I would hate to even think the dufus and repubs get rewarded for such incompetent feckless behavior no matter what the economy is doing. Thank you Mr. Obama for doing a much better job than some give you credit for.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2019, 05:28 AM
    To keep giving credit to Obama as the savior of our economy is getting long in the tooth, especially when it isn't true: Look at the STOCK MARKET! All of the left's dire predictions of doom and gloom are about the impending GREAT DEPRESSION II are also turning out to be B.S.!

It is very easy to see the difference between the Demos and the Repubs (since that is ALL WE HAVE TO SEE BECAUSE THEY KILL OF 3RD PARTY CONTENDERS!):
    1) Demos - Glass is half-empty
    2) Repubs - Glass is half-full
    3) Demos - The day is Partly Cloudy
    4) Repubs - The day is Partly Sunny
    5) Demos - Lets concentrate on INVESTIGATIONS
    6) Repubs - Lets concentrate on the ECONOMY
    Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 06:15 AM
    Let me know when you find someone who is strong enough to rise to the challenge despite the opposition. Until then independents can make their own decisions with the choices we have. Stop playing victim and making excuses why you don't have what you want. Seems a fertile ground for a 3rd party given both dems and repubs only represent a little more than half the country combined. 60% to be correct.

Let me know when you find such a person.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2019, 11:40 AM
    Read em and weep. Latest polling data by Quinnipiac shows the following:

In today's poll, 45 percent say President Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 51 percent don't think so. However, opposition to impeachment has increased since the hearings began. Prior to the start of impeachment hearings, in an October 23 poll, support for impeachment was 48 - 46 percent.

Today, Republicans say President Trump should not be impeached from office 95 - 5 percent, independents say the president should not be impeached and removed from office 58 - 36 percent, while Democrats say President Trump should be impeached and removed from office 86 - 11 percent.

The polling is definitely swinging Trump's way.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=3652

Might want to look at this as well. Congressional job approval rating is now 22% approve and 65% disapprove. The republicans have to be licking their chops.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...roval-903.html
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 12:40 PM
    Congressional job approval rating is now 22% approve and 65% disapprove. The republicans have to be licking their chops.
    Why would republicans be licking their chops?
    Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 01:22 PM
    Also of note from your link,

On other issues related to impeachment, voters say:
    • 53 - 44 percent that the president abuses the power of his office;
    • 52 percent that the president was pursuing his own personal interest in his dealings with Ukraine to 40 percent that he was pursuing the national interest;
    • 48 - 40 percent that President Trump held up military aid to Ukraine because he wanted the Ukrainian president to announce investigations that would benefit Trump politically;
    • 48 - 44 percent that the president has committed any crimes while in office.

Nearly two thirds, 64 percent, say it is not acceptable for the President of the United States to ask a foreign leader to investigate a political rival, while 23 percent say it is acceptable.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2019, 02:18 PM
    All of your data above is true enough, and yet the majority of Americans are against impeachment. Interesting.

WG, the repubs are licking their chops with the tide of impeachment going against the dems and the favorable ratings for Congress so low, then it all spells success for Trump's reelection and repubs regaining control of the House. However, the winds of politics are fickle.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 02:42 PM
    It would help if elected repubs weren't so afraid of the dufus and would restrain his worst impulses. Like a pit bull owner allowing his mutt to run buck wild through the neighborhood terrorizing everybody and barking all night! That's no good.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2019, 03:18 PM
    They're just following the example of the dems with Obama.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    They're just following the example of the dems with Obama.
    Please don't deflect but honestly respond to tal's wondering why the elected repubs are "so afraid of the dufus and [don't] restrain his worst impulses."
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2019, 03:32 PM
    so afraid of the dufus and [don't] restrain his worst impulses."
    His claim is speculative and thus does not merit a response. And it is not deflecting to point out his hypocrisy in wanting repubs to do what he did not do, and will still not do, with Obama.

Hope you are feeling better.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 04:29 PM
    His claim is speculative and thus does not merit a response. And it is not deflecting to point out his hypocrisy in wanting repubs to do what he did not do, and will still not do, with Obama.
    If trump isn't reelected in 2020 and if the Senate remains Republican but loses their dear leader, there goes all that influence and money. The party will crash and burn.
    Thanks for asking. Nope. I hope my hematologist will be able to snap me out of this horrible sludgy feeling soon.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2019, 05:34 PM

There is no comparison between the words, actions, and behaviors of Obama and the dufus. Such a comparison only makes the dufus look worse. Obama did lose the House and senate, and so far the dufus lost the House and we will see about the rest. However the dems will do their job, and the senate will do theirs even though we sort of know they won't. Personally, I don't care what repubs do in the senate...that's on them, and the chips will fall where they fall. Should be interesting though.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2019, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    There is no comparison between the words, actions, and behaviors of Obama and the dufus. Such a comparison only makes the dufus look worse. Obama did lose the House and senate, and so far the dufus lost the House and we will see about the rest. However the dems will do their job, and the senate will do theirs even though we sort of know they won't. Personally, I don't care what repubs do in the senate...that's on them, and the chips will fall where they fall. Should be interesting though.
    Nah, more important fish to fry than Trump and have you noticed, Xi, Kim and Khomeini are quiet, it is as though there is a hushed silence as they if don't add to Trump's burdens

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

It's time to drawup articles of impeachment [ 45 Answers ]

Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News...

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

View more questions Search