Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #541

    Jan 17, 2020, 06:25 AM
    Paraclete: The "islands" are mere atolls, synthetic islands: They cannot be left unchallenged because of the Maritime limits involved....the Chinese can't have and "island" and then claim a 100 mile boundary in all direction, that would make the South China Sea a "inland sea": So expect the U.S., Japs, and others to continue to patrol and drive commerce all around these atolls in direct contest of Chinese claims.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #542

    Jan 17, 2020, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Levels of what?
    https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/wo...-a-trade-deal/

    Analysts say the phase one deal will fail to adequately address these issues, focusing largely on Chinese purchases of US farm goods and IP protections related to copyright and trademark issues. It will not address industrial subsidies at all.
    https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/wo...eficit-tumble/

    The US trade gap, the shortfall between what Americans buy from abroad and what they sell in foreign markets, fell 4.7% to $52.5bn, which matched economists’ expectations but was the biggest fall since January.In September, US President Donald Trump piled even more tariffs on China, jacking up duties on more than $100bn worth of Chinese goods, likely prompting a surge in buying in the previous month to lock-in lower prices — which widened the trade gap in August.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,296, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #543

    Jan 17, 2020, 09:47 AM
    I guess your complaint is that tariffs were not rolled back. True, but they largely remain in place because the Chicoms are still practicing unfair trade practices. In the meantime, the trade gap will narrow further due to the agreement. It is, so far, a brilliant pro-America move by the United States. China will increase purchases from the U.S. by 100 bil a year. The U.S. agreed to not implement new tariffs that were scheduled to begin soon, but as I said, kept in place many tariffs already present, and rightfully so.

    Instead of linking an out of date article from November, try reading this instead.

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ffs-2019-12-13
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #544

    Jan 17, 2020, 10:44 AM
    I am all for applying as big of a screw job as possible to the Chicoms: Nothing but nothing should be held back from the fight against these atheist.
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,705, Reputation: 172
    Ultra Member
     
    #545

    Jan 17, 2020, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: The "islands" are mere atolls, synthetic islands: They cannot be left unchallenged because of the Maritime limits involved....the Chinese can't have and "island" and then claim a 100 mile boundary in all direction, that would make the South China Sea a "inland sea": So expect the U.S., Japs, and others to continue to patrol and drive commerce all around these atolls in direct contest of Chinese claims.
    Vac, I didn't say their claim is legitimate but their strategy is obvious and since they don't respect national boundaries in the region we can expect continued confrontation
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #546

    Jan 17, 2020, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I guess your complaint is that tariffs were not rolled back. True, but they largely remain in place because the Chicoms are still practicing unfair trade practices. In the meantime, the trade gap will narrow further due to the agreement. It is, so far, a brilliant pro-America move by the United States. China will increase purchases from the U.S. by 100 bil a year. The U.S. agreed to not implement new tariffs that were scheduled to begin soon, but as I said, kept in place many tariffs already present, and rightfully so.

    Instead of linking an out of date article from November, try reading this instead.

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ffs-2019-12-13
    I made no complaints, as the articles and the dufus said this phase was but a start for more talks. I also stated it was better than nothing and was progress. Both sides got something they wanted and they got a reduction of current tariffs. So far so good. Thanks for the updated article, works good when the homework is SHARED.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,296, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #547

    Jan 17, 2020, 05:04 PM
    I made no complaints, as the articles and the dufus said this phase was but a start for more talks. I also stated it was better than nothing and was progress. Both sides got something they wanted and they got a reduction of current tariffs. So far so good. Thanks for the updated article, works good when the homework is SHARED.
    Fair enough. Yes, it works well when we share. Have a great evening!
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #548

    Jan 18, 2020, 01:58 PM
    Had a great evening thanks and hope you did too. The Parnas interviews by Rachel Maddow for two nights sure makes the dufus crew look very bad. Not sure I believe everything he says, but makes for some great fact checking. The dufus for his part says he doesn't know this person that worked for/with his personal attorney Giuliani.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,741, Reputation: 341
    Ultra Member
     
    #549

    Jan 18, 2020, 02:17 PM
    oh please make Parnas the star witness !!!!
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,296, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #550

    Jan 18, 2020, 03:14 PM
    You can be sure that Rachel Maddow will conduct an honest and fair interview. Yes, that was a joke.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #551

    Jan 18, 2020, 05:09 PM
    Be careful what you wish for Tom, and I hope the dems call Moscow Mitch's bluff and go one for one with witnesses and documents. I think the Biden testimony will be better than a campaign rally against the dufus. As will Dershowitz's argument that a president can't be impeached for abuse of power.
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #552

    Jan 18, 2020, 05:52 PM
    Talaniman: Come on now, you lefties loved Dershowitz for years: NOW, that Dershowitz has WOKE UP, you hate him! Biden isn't capable of looking like or sounding like anything but a complete fool! You have to come to grips with the fact that Democrats/leftist have, AGAIN, as in the 2016 Election year, fielded a bunch of losers and are well on your way to a big spanking in November! ITS ALREADY OVER!!!
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,705, Reputation: 172
    Ultra Member
     
    #553

    Jan 18, 2020, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: Come on now, you lefties loved Dershowitz for years: NOW, that Dershowitz has WOKE UP, you hate him! Biden isn't capable of looking like or sounding like anything but a complete fool! You have to come to grips with the fact that Democrats/leftist have, AGAIN, as in the 2016 Election year, fielded a bunch of losers and are well on your way to a big spanking in November! ITS ALREADY OVER!!!
    Yes it doesn't matter who the candidate is
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #554

    Jan 18, 2020, 07:23 PM
    So against the enormous power of right wing dufus repubs the dems should just roll over and bend the knee and let you guys do as you please? I don't think so! It won't be over until it's over, but you already knew that.
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,705, Reputation: 172
    Ultra Member
     
    #555

    Jan 19, 2020, 12:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    So against the enormous power of right wing dufus repubs the dems should just roll over and bend the knee and let you guys do as you please? I don't think so! It won't be over until it's over, but you already knew that.
    Ah tal when you are wrong you are wrong,
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,741, Reputation: 341
    Ultra Member
     
    #556

    Jan 19, 2020, 03:33 AM
    Be careful what you wish for Tom
    I am . That is why I am begging that if they call other witnesses at all; (which if I were the turtle I would not allow ),that that witness be Parnas .

    Forget the fact that Parnas ,the Ukrainian national with his own agenda ;the political gadfly who was hanging around Republican events , is already under numerous indictments for unrelated reasons. He entered public life by spouting the big lie .

    Remember back in November when Parnas was making the ridiculous lie ,that was verifiably false ,that Devin Nunes met in Vienna with
    former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Victor Shokin in December 2018 ? CNN and Fredo Cuomo ,brother of Andrew il duce Cuomo, ran with that lie . The problem is that Nunes has proved he was never in Vienna (he was in Benghazi at the time);and did not meet with Shokin. Nunes is suing CNN because they never retracted when he proved Parnas was lying .

    Now we know that Parnas has been secretly working with Schiff and has concocted all types of outrageous unprovable claims involving among others ,William Barr ,Mike Pence .

    What is Parnas going to prove ? That Trump had Rudy investigating Biden ? So what ! We know that already. The Biden crime family needs to be investigated and brought to justice. It certainly wasn't an impeachable crime to do so. Bring in Parnas as a witness and you are bringing in a proven multiple count indicted liar. Good luck with that .
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #557

    Jan 19, 2020, 08:29 AM
    We also know something else about Parnas and that is he and Rudy conspired to have Yanukovych removed from her post using secret money and ex congressmen to engage in a smear campaign. It worked beautifully. enabling Rudy and Parnas free access to the Ukrainians and hiding the quid pro quo the dufus has set into motion that implicates Barr and Rudy and Pompeo. He also had contacts with Nunes by text and emails that implicate him in this conspiracy also. Follow the money and the other Russian oligarch Fritas is in the middle of this mess.

    Why don't we just ask them is the simple solution to this international intrigue. Repubs will stick with their story that it doesn't rise to an impeachable offense regardless and the dufus skips away scot free, any way and dems are left with public humiliation. Moscow Mitch doesn't seem to want to chance that outcome though. Wonder why?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,741, Reputation: 341
    Ultra Member
     
    #558

    Jan 19, 2020, 08:37 AM
    there was no quid pro quo ...Ukraine did not investigate Biden and the aid money was delivered . Sorry that loony conspiracy theory has sailed. Everything else that happened was in the Chief Executive perusal. He can get information ;hire and fire any diplomat he chooses to do . There is no such thing as "conspiring " to have her removed .

    As for the process ;the House Dems ,violating their own rules had a show trial and delivered the best case they can to the Senate. They are free to open as many impeachment hearings as they can stand ;and I'm sure that will be their strategery in Trump's second term.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,296, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #559

    Jan 19, 2020, 08:43 AM
    We also know something else about Parnas and that is he and Rudy conspired to have Yanukovych removed from her post using secret money and ex congressmen to engage in a smear campaign. It worked beautifully. enabling Rudy and Parnas free access to the Ukrainians and hiding the quid pro quo the dufus has set into motion that implicates Barr and Rudy and Pompeo. He also had contacts with Nunes by text and emails that implicate him in this conspiracy also. Follow the money and the other Russian oligarch Fritas is in the middle of this mess.
    Honestly, there is no "we" in knowing what you stated. In your mind you think you "know" it, but everyone else who relies on evidence understands it is merely rumor mill material.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,213, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #560

    Jan 19, 2020, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Honestly, there is no "we" in knowing what you stated. In your mind you think you "know" it, but everyone else who relies on evidence understands it is merely rumor mill material.
    Instead of ignoring and dismissing the allegations by Parnas and his accompanied documentation should we investigate? You always have a pattern of defending conservative rumors and holding it as fact while blasting whatever a liberal may do or say as a crime. Maybe we have that in common huh dude?

    PS.

    The GAO report says that the dufus did indeed violate the law by withholding Ukraine funds. The Impound Act as I specified already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

It's time to drawup articles of impeachment [ 45 Answers ]

Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News...

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.


View more questions Search