Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2020, 07:36 AM
    I doubt the Iranians will retaliate against US forces, but in addition with announcing going back to getting a bomb, the Iraqis are considering expelling the US from it's country and we have suspended our fight against ISIS. So while everybody is biting their fingernails waiting for the other shoe to fall over this offing a terrorist, who has been replaced already and the same strategies and plans against us still in place, the Iranians are seemingly putting aside their internal differences and rallying around their countryman. Nobody in the free world mourns this dude, but for real nobody has been saved by this action either. Just the opposite as the stakes have been raised much higher than they were before, and our allies and the Iraqis may be screwed big time because of this action.

The dufus threw a match into a munitions dump full of high explosives and told the Americans to RUN fast as you can away because he knows it's going to blow. Tourist, business people, AND embassy folks are in more danger now than ever before, and our allies are wondering W-T-F...NOW WHAT!

Obviously Vac you trust the judgement of POTUS a lot more than I do!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2020, 02:02 PM
    Well Tal, you can never be sure what the motive is, the US must have been planning this move for a while
    Expert

Jan 6, 2020, 03:41 PM
    I would expect we have always had a plan to blow someone away no matter what the motive is, yet I stop short in articulating what that is even though I've seen this military stuff in an election year before. Even Clinton's his impeachment had a missile attack They've been playing the dufus accusing Obama video of starting a war with Iran to get re elected all day long and I find that rather ironic given current events. His tweet storms don't help as he is talking crazy as hell. While that's nothing really new, it's actually more of the same stuff that got him impeached in the first place. Threatening the Iranian religious sites for destruction after offing their general is illegal by any standard though if even for just the effects of puffery.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2020, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I would expect we have always had a plan to blow someone away no matter what the motive is, yet I stop short in articulating what that is even though I've seen this military stuff in an election year before. Even Clinton's his impeachment had a missile attack They've been playing the dufus accusing Obama video of starting a war with Iran to get re elected all day long and I find that rather ironic given current events. His tweet storms don't help as he is talking crazy as hell. While that's nothing really new, it's actually more of the same stuff that got him impeached in the first place. Threatening the Iranian religious sites for destruction after offing their general is illegal by any standard though if even for just the effects of puffery.
    Yes Tal terrorism is in the eye of the beholder, etc. Trump is now everyman's freedom fighter. the man obviously doesn't think he just reacts. His reactionary attempts at world peace just spread dismay
    Expert

Jan 6, 2020, 05:04 PM
    I suspect he acts and reacts in his own self interest all the time, and doesn't care about the consequences or who else it affects or how. Irksome at the risk of understatement at best.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2020, 05:28 AM
    Nothing new to see here: OFFICIALLY, the U.S. does not use assassination as a method to achieve political ends (Frank Church saw to that back in the late '70s) but killing this Iranian has sent a message to the rest of them: Don't believe the B.S. being put out there: None of these Iranians or Mullahs WANT a missile flying into their turbans! These arse wipes will think twice before acting up now. Doesn't anyone remember Ghaddaffi and Reagan sending a missile strike his way that killed his daughter? He shut up and no one heard of him for years. We don't have to do anything but use precision missile strike to terrorize these terrorist into becoming tame...hell they might even come to Jesus before its over!
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2020, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Nothing new to see here: OFFICIALLY, the U.S. does not use assassination as a method to achieve political ends (Frank Church saw to that back in the late '70s) but killing this Iranian has sent a message to the rest of them: Don't believe the B.S. being put out there: None of these Iranians or Mullahs WANT a missile flying into their turbans! These arse wipes will think twice before acting up now. Doesn't anyone remember Ghaddaffi and Reagan sending a missile strike his way that killed his daughter? He shut up and no one heard of him for years. We don't have to do anything but use precision missile strike to terrorize these terrorist into becoming tame...hell they might even come to Jesus before its over!
    Vac either you are the good guys or you are not, I think you have splinters in your arse from sitting on the fence as far as assassination is concerned, but then you don't offically use torture either

Jan 7, 2020, 06:15 AM
    Paraclete: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil: Only loose lips, media, and busy-bodies are responsible to fouling-up a good thing.....nipping these cancerous people in the bud is the best way to eliminate problems going forward: Why in the name of hell would anyone think that allowing them to grow larger, kill more people, and threaten more of the world be a good thing? Eliminate the problems earlier as opposed to later. A single 30-06 round would take care of each of the world's terrorist masterminds.....that single 30-06 round would save countless lives.
    Expert

Jan 7, 2020, 12:46 PM
    You going to send a missile to Tehran when they bomb a stadium in England, or shoot rockets in Israel, or shoot up a train in Germany?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2020, 03:11 PM
    You going to send a missile to Tehran when they bomb a stadium in England, or shoot rockets in Israel, or shoot up a train in Germany?
    What are those missiles for if you are not going to use them, obviously the deterrent effect is low. You have an "intelligence" network obviously it's effect is low too, if you cannot discern who gave the order and where they are located
    Expert

Jan 7, 2020, 05:05 PM
    May have to fire a few since Iran has started firing theirs!
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2020, 06:37 PM
    May have to fire a few since Iran has started firing theirs!
    That is a matter of perspective, they would say you started it many years ago, what I see is a whole lot of stupidity, both nations have little to gain from war. remember the last one you started, it still isn't over
    Expert

Jan 8, 2020, 02:57 AM
    If it's not one thing it's another as humans have proved through history it doesn't take much to start something, and have plenty of tools for wars. We still await the specifics for offing this hero terrorist, while others are taking the body count and disruption we have caused over that same period, like he is the only one with blood on his hands, and many have even more. Should they too be offed?

Don't care which side you take, I don't trust our side completely, even as I don't trust the other side for a minute. The rest of us are just caught in the middle of their crap as usual.

remember the last one you started, it still isn't over
    ONE? Count them again, and remember the W word isn't used for all of them. It's not official without the WW and a number behind it. Mostly its the small w that is referenced.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 05:08 AM
    Tal, war is hell, i know you know this i would like to have decade without a war
    Expert

Jan 8, 2020, 08:39 AM
    Feel good semantics aside despite all the conflicts it could be worse.

Jan 8, 2020, 12:58 PM
    Talaniman: O.K., I must ask you: What did you think of Trump's response today around the Iranians? I was pleasantly surprised that he refrained from any immediate retaliation.

I did find it very, very telling that the Iranians "PHONED AHEAD" that they were going to send missiles hurtling toward us before they fired them: That tells me that they really didn't want to kill any Americans....that is quite profound.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2020, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Talaniman: O.K., I must ask you: What did you think of Trump's response today around the Iranians? I was pleasantly surprised that he refrained from any immediate retaliation.

I did find it very, very telling that the Iranians "PHONED AHEAD" that they were going to send missiles hurtling toward us before they fired them: That tells me that they really didn't want to kill any Americans....that is quite profound.
    The Iranians are really playing him, aren't they! The bases were empty and they knew it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The Iranians are really playing him, aren't they! The bases were empty and they knew it.
    It is all part of the great game, it has been played for centuries
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 04:25 PM
    does anyone deny killing General Salami was the right move ? The man is directly resonsible for the death and maiming of thousands of Americans ....He has led the war effort in Syria that has caused a half million Syrian deaths and a million more wandering around Europe. He leads the Iranian effort in their proxy war against the Saudi's in Yemen . I liken his wacking to the WWII Operation Vengeance .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vengeance

where does Yamamoto go to get his apology ?

Perhaps you think that Iran hasn't been at war with us since 1979 ? There are some Americans I suppose who think not . I know that no Iranian leader thinks otherwise.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2020, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    does anyone deny killing General Salami was the right move ? The man is directly resonsible for the death and maiming of thousands of Americans ....He has led the war effort in Syria that has caused a half million Syrian deaths and a million more wandering around Europe. He leads the Iranian effort in their proxy war against the Saudi's in Yemen . I liken his wacking to the WWII Operation Vengeance .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vengeance

where does Yamamoto go to get his apology ?

Perhaps you think that Iran hasn't been at war with us since 1979 ? There are some Americans I suppose who think not . I know that no Iranian leader thinks otherwise.
    Tom let me ask you a question. What would happen if Iran decided that the assassination of Trump was the right move because of his actions, would it be seen as justifiable because he had effectively murdered the Iranian general. Without the due process which you americans prize there cannot be justification. When did the trail take place which sentenced him in absentia? Was it legally constituted? or a kangaroo court made up of politicians and military? I expect it was Trump acting as Judge , Jury and Executioner and noone gave him that authority.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impeachment [ 174 Answers ]

As Trump continues to dismantle NATO which is critical to the peace of the world and has been for 70 years, and as Trump continues to cater to the Putin enemy who is determined to bring down the United States and its allies, it is time to talk seriously about impeachment. No longer should decent...

It's time to drawup articles of impeachment [ 45 Answers ]

Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News...

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

View more questions Search