Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2019, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    I actually watch RT World News International and One America News Network, OAN,
    This explains a lot about you, V7.

So you watch Russian propaganda television. Soon you will be singing Putin's praises.

And you watch OAN television. OAN has been identified as a radical right-wing outfit, characterized by outright falsehoods and conspiracy theories.

I now understand where much of your posting comes from.

RT and OAN - what a combination! Even FOX is better than those two. MSNBC is seen as anti-Trump but it's impossible not to be anti-Trump if you want to report the truth. Same goes for CNN and the NYTimes and Washington Post. The newspapers are left-leaning, but CNN is like MSNBC, trying to report the truth as Trump continues his bizarre behavior on a daily basis.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2019, 04:27 AM
    They still celebrate the war of northern aggression in SC so what do you expect?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2019, 06:04 AM
    Athos: Let me be the devil's advocate for a second and see how you counter this: Why has RT "GOT TO BE" a propaganda arm of Moscow? Is it just because they are Russian? Russia isn't Bolshevik any more. Why isn't CNN thought to be a propaganda arm of the U.S. Government when Obama was POTUS or FOX a propaganda arm of the Government with Trump as POTUS? Why is it that Russia doesn't get any respect as even possibly straight-up with its reporting on RT? I'm open minded.

OAN is full of young people, who are typically left minded: How do you think they are far Right?
    Expert

Oct 31, 2019, 08:20 AM
    Athos: Let me be the devil's advocate for a second and see how you counter this: Why has RT "GOT TO BE" a propaganda arm of Moscow? Is it just because they are Russian? Russia isn't Bolshevik any more. Why isn't CNN thought to be a propaganda arm of the U.S. Government when Obama was POTUS or FOX a propaganda arm of the Government with Trump as POTUS? Why is it that Russia doesn't get any respect as even possibly straight-up with its reporting on RT? I'm open minded.

OAN is full of young people, who are typically left minded: How do you think they are far Right?
    Vlad rules Russia and dressing up his TV show doesn't change that. What you think he is to dumb to be able to market his product according to his audience? Covert and Overt propaganda accomplishes the same thing, legitimizing a dictator who wants to undermine America and gain more power and money on the world stage.

Did I mention Vlad RULES Russia?

Oct 31, 2019, 09:34 AM
    Athos: Got you! See what you mean.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2019, 09:56 AM
    Why isn't CNN thought to be a propaganda arm of the U.S. Government when Obama was POTUS
    I thought they were.
    Expert

Oct 31, 2019, 11:42 AM
    So there is no difference or deference between American media and Russian media? I don't see CNN hacking the repubs or dems, or opening fake Facebook accounts, and what of FAUX News doing the dufus's propaganda work? Heck they weren't supporters of Obama either so highly biased against dems from the get go. How about the Sinclair Co sponsoring dufus TV throughout the country?

Repubs were the party of fiscal responsibility and National Security, so why aren't they now.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2019, 11:45 AM
    Athos: Got you! See what you mean.
    That was Tal that "got you" - not Athos.

Oct 31, 2019, 12:35 PM
    Athos: Yes, my mistake!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2019, 02:29 PM
    One lefty is just like the other
    Expert

Nov 1, 2019, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    One lefty is just like the other
    Are all righties the same too?
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2019, 02:40 PM
    1. "Full of young people, who are typically left minded". You mean, like the skinheads and Neo-Nazis and the white supremacists?

2. I think they are far right because I watched their TV program. It's absurdly pro-Trump and its stories are from a far-right point of view, including mindless conspiracies. Trump has admitted to repeating their stories that have been shown to be complete falsehoods (the falsehood not admitted by Trump).

3. I also believe they are connected to Russia because one of their reporters works for a Russian-owned news agency where he repeats stories from that outfit.

Nov 1, 2019, 10:28 PM
    Athos: I don't consider skinheads and Neo-Nazis and the white supremacist to be people.....vermin, yes.

Tell me something: Why does EVERY NEWS OUTLET have to have some degree of political allegence? Why can't they just REPORT THE NEWS? Its all so tiring.
    Expert

Nov 2, 2019, 01:39 AM
    Take a break, that's what I do, popcorn and a movie anyone? The dufus and his news ain't going nowhere. Easy to get burned out by the bombardment of politics or the news in general. Especially if it's been cold and rainy like it was here for a few days, that's always a bummer as I need sunshine to brighten my day.

Let the computer go and talk to the squirrels for a few hours. They're nuts too, but they are hilarious. 8D

Gotta go, and set my fantasy football line up. Kicked butt in fantasy baseball but got skunked in the playoffs, just like the Astros.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2019, 06:44 AM
    Athos: I don't consider skinheads and Neo-Nazis and the white supremacist to be people.....vermin, yes.
    Nevertheless, they fit your category of young people.

Tell me something: Why does EVERY NEWS OUTLET have to have some degree of political allegence? Why can't they just REPORT THE NEWS? Its all so tiring.
    Be glad to tell you.

Most major outlets do just that - report the news. But the president of the US is majorly newsworthy. Add to that the weird and bizarre behavior of the present incumbent, it looks like the media outlet has a political allegiance, but that's not true. It's just that Trump is so nutty, it only appears that way.

The fringe far-right are different. FOX, for example, has no truck with the truth. Except for a handful of decent people with integrity (Smith - now departed, Judge Napoli, Chris Wallace, Bret Beier, some others) they consistently report false stories and untruths.

Hope that helps.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2019, 07:14 AM
    Which news outlet had to apologize for supplying debate questions to the Clinton campaign in 2016?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...le-leaves-cnn/

The major problem with news organizations in the U.S. is the fantastic preponderance of liberal democrats employed by these outfits relative to republicans, and these people overwhelmingly financially support democrat candidates. George Stephanopolous, former White House adviser to ex-president Bill Clinton, left his White House position to become a news anchor with ABC. That is far from being an isolated incident. I'm not sure we can say that there is a lot of intentional, planned distorting of the news, although that is certainly possible, but the liberal outlook of the employees affects what we see and hear. PBS has plainly become a left-wing mouthpiece.

https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/D...o_to_Democrats

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...liberal-press/
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2019, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The major problem with news organizations in the U.S. is the fantastic preponderance of liberal democrats employed by these outfits relative to republicans, and these people overwhelmingly financially support democrat candidates. George Stephanopolous, former White House adviser to ex-president Bill Clinton, left his White House position to become a news anchor with ABC. That is far from being an isolated incident. I'm not sure we can say that there is a lot of intentional, planned distorting of the news, although that is certainly possible, but the liberal outlook of the employees affects what we see and hear. PBS has plainly become a left-wing mouthpiece.
    V7 - I hope you're reading this.

Good example of the fringe right wing.

Note how the content of news is never mentioned, just an attack against the folks who do the reporting. It's called "deflection" and the right are masters at it emulating their hero Trump.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2019, 07:37 AM
    Good example of the fringe right wing.

Note how the content of news is never mentioned, just an attack against the folks who do the reporting. It's called "deflection" and the right are masters at it emulating their hero Trump.
    "The content of the news is never mentioned"? Well, there was the news about CNN supplying debate questions to the Clinton campaign as well as the news about GS becoming an anchor at ABC. Sounded like news to me.

When a person is unprepared to debate the content, they frequently go off in a different direction.

In your long narrative below, where was there a mention of news content? Don't you think you should follow your own advice before advising others?

Be glad to tell you.

Most major outlets do just that - report the news. But the president of the US is majorly newsworthy. Add to that the weird and bizarre behavior of the present incumbent, it looks like the media outlet has a political allegiance, but that's not true. It's just that Trump is so nutty, it only appears that way.

The fringe far-right are different. FOX, for example, has no truck with the truth. Except for a handful of decent people with integrity (Smith - now departed, Judge Napoli, Chris Wallace, Bret Beier, some others) they consistently report false stories and untruths.

Hope that helps.
    Expert

Nov 2, 2019, 09:29 AM
    I have a remote and know how to use it, so no reason to watch loony TV, or waste my time on right wing conspiracy talk from years ago. If a guy doesn't know how to use his remote or computer well that's on him. Be glad to help the helpless though...just ask. The dufus lying and trashing true Americans who don't kiss his ring is not news, nor is right wingers defending his stupidity and lies newsworthy.

Watching repubs falling all over themselves trying to trash the dems though is entertaining and no matter the outcome of this impeachment stuff it will be fun watching what the citizens of America weigh in once those witnesses start testifying in public. Even better once charges are actually levied at the dufus for his high crimes and misdemeanors

We might get lucky though and the dufus will read the actual transcript to us in front of a fireplace. Now that would be must see TV.!
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2019, 11:03 AM
    I have a remote and know how to use it, so no reason to watch loony TV, or waste my time on right wing conspiracy talk from years ago. If a guy doesn't know how to use his remote or computer well that's on him. Be glad to help the helpless though...just ask. The dufus lying and trashing true Americans who don't kiss his ring is not news, nor is right wingers defending his stupidity and lies newsworthy.

Watching repubs falling all over themselves trying to trash the dems though is entertaining and no matter the outcome of this impeachment stuff it will be fun watching what the citizens of America weigh in once those witnesses start testifying in public. Even better once charges are actually levied at the dufus for his high crimes and misdemeanors
    Time will tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Approves Murder of American Journalist [ 145 Answers ]

Trump sycophant Pompeo will meet with Saudi Arabia today when he promises to discuss the brutal murder by Saudi Arabia of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Of course, he will do nothing of the sort. Trump has already approved Khashoggi's execution. Trump clearly signaled that it's...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump goes full Lib on maternity leave .Make American liberal again . [ 13 Answers ]

The phony is going to unveil a maternity leave policy tonight that guarantees 6 weeks paid leave for new mothers . Trump’s plan would allow families to deduct child care expenses, up to the average cost of child-care in their states, from their income taxes. People making above $250,000 would be...

Daniel Inouye RIP to a great American Hero . [ 2 Answers ]

Daniel Inouye, 88, died Monday of respiratory complications. He volunteered into the US military after the Pearl Harbor attack ,and distinguished himself with his bravery earning many recognitions including the Medal of Honor. The account of his action is amazing : Democrat Hawaii Senator...

I'm being dissed/ignored all of a sudden by my stepsister [ 3 Answers ]

My dad has a girlfriend and she has two kids,one is 9,the other is 16. They recently just moved in with us. I share a room with the 9 year old. We used to have a lot of fun together. But now,all she does is sit around and acts like I'm not here. And if I even get to talk to her she just immediately...

View more questions Search