Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2019, 10:23 PM
    The Wanna-be Fascist Dictator in Public
    In Trump's FIRST general public appearance as president EVER, he was roundly booed at the World Series game. His facial reaction registered surprise, even shock.

An inning later, the crowd chanted "Lock him up, lock him up".

For Ukraine - bribery, wire fraud, conspiracy
    For Russia - obstruction of justice
    For Stormy Daniels payoff - campaign finance violations, conspiracy
    Many more possibilities
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2019, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    In Trump's FIRST public appearance as president in three years, he was roundly booed at the World Series game. His facial reaction registered surprise, even shock.

An inning later, the crowd chanted "Lock him up, lock him up".

For Ukraine - bribery, wire fraud, conspiracy
    For Russia - obstruction of justice
    For Stormy Daniels payoff - campaign finance violations, conspiracy
    Many more possibilities
    Seriously, the crowd want to lock him up after his victory over ISIS, no sense of history
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2019, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Seriously, the crowd want to lock him up after his victory over ISIS, no sense of history
    It wasn't Trump's victory. In fact, his abrupt withdrawal from Syria was what caused the military to advance its plans for Bagdadi. Trump's screw-up jeopardized those plans yet the idiot claimed credit for the raid's success.

Unbelievably, he also claimed credit as the "only one" who knew about Osama Bin Laden and called for Osama Bin Laden to be killed well before the attack on the World Trade Center. In the height of stupidity, he said the facts were stated in his book. Well, it isn't hard to check a book and it turned out that Osama Bib Laden, well-known at the time, was NEVER called by Trump to be killed in his book.

Trump continues to shock and amaze by his never-ending gross stupidity.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2019, 05:11 AM
    Why are you shocked by anything he says?
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2019, 05:18 AM
    Athos: Well, you must admit, that this wasn't a surprise given the location: Trump was in D.C. and, next to U.C.@ Berkeley campus, you probably won't find a more left leaning area of the country.

Athos, Trump had 28 U.S. Soldiers pulled out of Syria: How do we not know that this "withdrawal" was a part of a larger plan to "draw" the BagDaddy out of hiding so we could kill him?

I am against U.S. involvement in Syria anyway: This action was never APPROVED BY CONGRESS, and that goes back to when Obama stuck U.S. military forces in there a while back: If the Congress didn't pass a resolution for their deployment to Syria, then their deployment is illegal.....do you not agree? Furthermore, I don't one U.S. Soldier to die protecting E.U. oil: Let the Europeans get up off their dead arses and prtect their own damned oil! If Trump want to get wide support, he should follow-through with his pledge of GETTING ALL U.S. MILITARY PERSONNEL OUT OF THE M.E.! This is a RUNNING SORE THAT WILL NEVER HEAL!
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2019, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Athos: Well, you must admit, that this wasn't a surprise given the location: Trump was in D.C. and, next to U.C.@ Berkeley campus, you probably won't find a more left leaning area of the country.
    DC is filled with the fringe right-wing. You have it backwards.

Trump had 28 U.S. Soldiers pulled out of Syria: How do we not know that this "withdrawal" was a part of a larger plan to "draw" the BagDaddy out of hiding so we could kill him?
    You can't be serious! Odd how you constantly defend and approve of Trump while declaring you don't support Trump. Is this your own little attempt at gaslighting?

Oct 28, 2019, 07:26 AM
    Athos: O.K., you got me, again, but I thought D.C. was decidedly left because all their lone House delegate is a Democrat and has been for as long as I remember...….wouldn't you say that while D.C. may have Right wing pockets that the majority of its inhabitants are of the left? Otherwise, how would they continue to put Democrats into office.....remember their crackhead smoking D.C. Mayor? He was Democrat and all successive mayors have been Democrat.

Athos: I am just trying to look at ALL the potential possibilities of what may have transpired in the killing of the big terrorist.....sometimes these things can be very elaborate.....and, yes, I know its a stretch and probably DIDN'T happen this way but just can't rule it out completely.

BTW, Athos: I still AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER!!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2019, 01:00 PM
    Athos: O.K., you got me, again,..........and, yes, I know its a stretch and probably DIDN'T happen this way ..............

BTW, Athos: I still AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER!!!
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2019, 04:16 PM
    What difference does it make that a majority of DC votes democrat? That doesn't make them wrong because they lean left either. That's just the demographics of the area and indeed the whole country is one way or another, some are divided fairly even and ALL are Americans. Yeah one got caught smoking crack and went to jail but does that tarnish every dem?

It should not and repub politician are corrupt and go to jail too. So said that to say as more is revealed about this getting the ISIS leader we can judge things better but keep in mind that gettin Bin Laden didn't end Al Qaeda, nor I doubt will Bagdaddy's death be the end of the Islamic States rather vast multi country network. They lost land and followers maybe, but have been scattered since we liberated the stronghold of these radical terrorists.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2019, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
    We need to modify that statement; if it looks like a dill, walks like a dill and quacks like a dill, it just might be Trump
    Expert

Oct 28, 2019, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    We need to modify that statement; if it looks like a dill, walks like a dill and quacks like a dill, it just might be Trump
    Or a sycophant, or defender, that swears he isn't! I find that fascinating.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2019, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Or a sycophant, or defender, that swears he isn't! I find that fascinating.
    You find the strangest things fascinating, personally I'm over the cult of Trump and the cult of not Trump
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2019, 07:09 AM
    DC is filled with the fringe right-wing. You have it backwards.
    You are the only person in the world who believes that. 90% of those "fringe right wing" people in D.C. voted for H.C. They don't call it "the swamp" for nothing. It could very well end up being a plus in the election. The fact that he is hated by the D.C. crowd is a good reason to vote for him.
    Expert

Oct 29, 2019, 10:00 AM
    Factually DC has no senators or house reps so it has no delegates to the electoral college.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2019, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You are the only person in the world who believes that.
    That was in response to the claim that DC is second only to Berkely in it's radical left fringe.

Everybody got that but you.

The poster later changed the claim from "radical fringe" to "democratic voters". He admitted the hyperbole. Guess you missed that, too.

Explaining about DC and its Democratic party leanings was done by Tal.

Look before you leap.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:34 PM
    D.C. has s LONE delegate, Mrs. Eleanor Holmes Norton.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2019, 01:19 PM
    Eleanor Holmes Norton is an American politician serving as a non-voting Delegate to the United States House of Representatives, representing the District of Columbia. As a non-voting member, Norton may serve on committees as well as speak on the House floor; however, she is not permitted to vote on the final passage of any legislation. She is a member of the Democratic Party. (Wikipedia)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2019, 01:54 PM
    That is correct. She is a delegate to the House of Representatives. (See WG's post above).

The Senate has no delegates from DC.

The Electoral College has three delegates from DC. Rep. Norton is not one of them since, by law, a member of Congress cannot be a delegate to the Electoral College.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2019, 03:47 PM
    That was in response to the claim that DC is second only to Berkely in it's radical left fringe.

Everybody got that but you.

The poster later changed the claim from "radical fringe" to "democratic voters". He admitted the hyperbole. Guess you missed that, too.

Explaining about DC and its Democratic party leanings was done by Tal.

Look before you leap.

Your quote was, "DC is filled with the fringe right-wing." Unless "filled" now means something like 5% full, then your comment is ridiculous. Write what you mean.

Tal's explanation was to the effect that D.C. has no vote in the electoral college. That is not true. As you pointed out yourself, they have three, so why you would appeal to Tal's explanation is a mystery.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2019, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Your quote was, "DC is filled with the fringe right-wing." Unless "filled" now means something like 5% full, then your comment is ridiculous. Write what you mean.

Tal's explanation was to the effect that D.C. has no vote in the electoral college. That is not true. As you pointed out yourself, they have three, so why you would appeal to Tal's explanation is a mystery.
    As I said, you don't get it.

And you got the wrong Tal post.

I can't explain EVERYTHING to you.

You have to learn to keep up. Or, if not, learn how to go back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethics and the Republican Movement to a Fascist America [ 22 Answers ]

Without a single hearing or debate and behind closed doors, the Republicans gutted the INDEPENDENT Office of Congressional Ethics by placing it under the jurisdiction of Congress removing its INDEPENDENCE from that body. The office will now REPORT TO Congress - the very group it was intended to...

Going crazy.. wanna ride [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 94 fxlr and when I shift from neutral to first it starts wanting to go for a few min then calms down but I can't shift out of first into second unless turned off.. Any suggestions?

Capitalist, Communist, or Fascist? [ 12 Answers ]

Here is Obama's plan to lay a $15 Billion tax on oil companies. Bloomberg.com: News Does the proposal show that Obama leans more toward capitalism, communism, or fascism? Why?

Can a Fascist State exist in the world today? [ 20 Answers ]

I don't think it is possible for a Fascist State to exist in the world today, not only because of the techno-informatic revolution in telecommunications but there's also globalization, especially in the economic arena, that has allowed us to put Fascism behind us. There can exist Fascist movements,...

View more questions Search