Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2019, 05:48 PM
    Nothing is as bad as it seems?
    Have you noticed lately that the crisis we face are much smaller and more quickly resolved than they used to be (Brexit excluded)?

Incidents that could have sparked wider conflicts haven't. This phenomenon could mean we are learning or it could mean we are war weary and war no longer holds the attraction and promise it used too. Any place on Earth can be reached within a few hours. destruction can be rained down and so the conflicts are more confined and localised to the doings of a few demented minds.

Even the possibility of an egocentric megalomaniac in the White House hasn't broadened conflict, in fact, it seems to have lessened it
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2019, 07:19 PM
    Paraclete: Of course the presence of a egocentric megalomaniac in the White House has lessened the potential conflicts...and do you know why? The egocentric megalomaniac in the White House has served to reduce the potential for direct conflict because those potential adversaries KNOW that the egocentric megalomaniac in the White house WILL ACTUALLY FOLLOW-THROUGH WITH DEVASTATING RETALIATION upon them should they attack the U.S.....There are times when its a comforting feeling knowing that the crazy bastards all over the world go to bed at night wondering what the crazy bastard in the U.S. might do tomorrow!...instead of the other way around.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2019, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: Of course the presence of a egocentric megalomaniac in the White House has lessened the potential conflicts...and you know why? It has served to reduce the potential for direct conflict because those potential adversaries KNOW that the egocentric megalomaniac is the White house WILL ACTUALL FOLLOW-THROUGH WITH DEVASTATING RETALIATION upon them should they attack the U.S.....There are times when its a comforting feeling knowing that the crazy bastards all over the world go to bed at night wondering what the crazy bastard in the U.S. might do tomorrow!...instead of the other way around.
    Your american centric view wasn't what I was talking about, obviously no one is going rain destruction down on the US and from where I stand and perhaps others, there as not as many crazy bastards in the world at large as there are in the US, and so we watch what the crazy bastard in the White House does, but really the only people he rains destruction upon are his own. Couldn't raise taxes so he raises tariffs, can't build a wall, so he raids other appropriations but talk is cheap much cheaper in the US than elsewhere

In fact, life couldn't be cheeper, cheep, cheep little bird in your little White House, keep twittering away
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 02:27 AM
    Hello Vac, I think everybody thinks twice before thinking to invade or attack the US after Japan tried and failed and paid a price, so I doubt the dufus deters any of that, but to Clete's point, despite the hype and emotional responses the world is a smaller place thanks to better communications through evolving technology, so things just seem to get done quicker. Plus the lessons of the past aren't completely lost on some, so we can come up with a better plan of resolution besides blowing people up sometimes.

We still have to suffer the nut jobs and those that just don't want to cooperate for whatever reasons, and overcome old points of divisions but as a whole I can say the possibility for positive outcomes has as much chance as it ever has. You know humans though, they are flawed and prone to screw up at any time.

Oct 24, 2019, 04:28 AM
    Paraclete & Talaniman: My last post was over-the-top on purpose...I think Talaniman picked up on it but you didn't, Paraclete: No, in all seriousness, I think you make great points: The world is smaller, the knowledge and intelligence is now more dispersed, and every piece of information comes at you almost instantaneously and the "product" of this collision of parts permits everyone around the globe, U.S. and otherwise, to have more time to pursue deeper considerations and reflectance on just what might be the ramifications of actions: It makes everyone just a wee bit more tentative and the chance of "flashpoints" exploding into firestorms less likely than ever!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2019, 05:14 AM
    Glad you see it
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 06:00 AM
    LOL, our egocentric megalomaniac in the WH may not be the only one in the world nor the only one with the power for mass destruction.

Oct 24, 2019, 06:11 AM
    Talaniman: Oh, he certainly is not! I am afraid the world is completely eat-up with these crazies!
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 06:28 AM
    The Zombie Apocolypse is more than just a movie!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2019, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LOL, our egocentric megalomaniac in the WH may not be the only one in the world nor the only one with the power for mass destruction.
    No, they can be found in various places at various times and there does seem to be more than one at the moment.

Oct 24, 2019, 03:58 PM
    Paraclete & Talaniman: If we could just find a way to stop them from reproducing MORE crazies! Hmmmm?
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 04:23 PM
    Maybe we breed our own and out number 'em? 8O

Oct 24, 2019, 06:14 PM
    Talaniman: Well, that very good task to be tasked with will have to be done by the younger folks: MY BREEDING DAYS ARE OVER!
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2019, 07:13 PM
    Talaniman: Well, that very good task to be tasked with will have to be done by the younger folks: MY BREEDING DAYS ARE OVER!

oh say it isn't so
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2019, 02:19 AM
    from where I stand and perhaps others, there as not as many crazy bastards in the world at large as there are in the US,
    Then you must be standing on Mars. Sorry, but that's a crazy statement.
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 07:02 AM
    The wife says mine are too, and I better get a better plan for the crazies. Help a brother out here, Vac, or the crazies win! Yes there are plenty of them over here, but they are everywhere, no where to run, no where to hide. Rocks don't work, as many times as I clunked JL between the eyes, but not saying my friend is a crazy mind you, far from it, but he certainly has a hard noggin". Hope he's on our side any way.

I heard if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Think that's true?

Oct 25, 2019, 07:12 AM
    Talaniman: No, I am an independent son of a gun...and its cost me over the years because I didn't "color inside the box" and fall in line with the group....so I'll be the one who gets mauled in the end....but that's O.K.: If I ever become another mindless drone, I'll want to be gone!
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 08:16 AM
    I heard that Vac, can't say I disagree. I can truly respect that.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2019, 12:15 PM
    Rocks don't work, as many times as I clunked JL between the eyes, but not saying my friend is a crazy mind you, far from it, but he certainly has a hard noggin". Hope he's on our side any way.
    I think my wife would agree with you about my noggin. I am definitely on your side in the sense of wanting to see you do well.
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I think my wife would agree with you about my noggin. I am definitely on your side in the sense of wanting to see you do well.
    I thank you for that, I can use all the prayers and well wishes I can get and know that the sentiment AND prayers are always returned. About that noggin"...no wonder you don't duck much! No need huh? :O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search