Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeybun35 Posts: 221, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2019, 05:51 AM
    Why wouldn't a married man wear his wedding ring?
    So a married friend of ours is very happily married. He and his wife even went to a celebrity wedding together.We all went to school together so we're close like brother and sister so he shares everything with us. He sent us a photo of him cause he was going on a business trip. In the photo someone noticed his hands were bare. Now maybe no biggie because of different types of work that everyone does . His line of business is a bistro of Vp at a bank. He is a business man so his hands doesn't get dirty. He have business meetings all the time. We just thought the ring would look even better.

Please no stupid answers we are friends all of us he does the same thing for us to.Before someone say ask him no one wanted to acknowledge to him that we all saw that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2019, 07:47 AM
    I took mine off in the Spring of 1988 because it kept getting hooked on things and slid off when I washed dishes. He's happily married. How would wearing his wedding ring "improve" his marriage?

Oct 23, 2019, 07:49 AM
    It wouldn't prove he's married but he couldn't pretend that he wasn't nor would outsiders like other woman would think he is available.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2019, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun35 View Post
    It wouldn't prove he's married but he couldn't pretend that he wasn't nor would outsiders like other woman would think he is available.
    Doesn't sound like there's any problem except in your imagination.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2019, 12:31 PM
    Only men I know that take their rings off willingly are those that have to because its a "safety" issue in their line of work or those that are trying to attract "other" women, outside their marriages.....I knew a man who would take his wedding ring off during his trips to Thailand, where he was working, and his girlfriend would wear it on her toe during the time he was there....then, he would retrieve it from her and wear it when he went home.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 02:44 AM
    No telling what agreements married people have that cause outsiders to question what's going on with them. I don't wear any kind of jewelry personally. I would wonder though what the wife says about him not wearing his wedding ring on business trips though. That's the opinion that counts most.

I would think being in another city or country the fear of being robbed or mugged comes to mind.

Oct 24, 2019, 06:31 AM
    wow now that is a new one. That's sneaky
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 07:36 AM
    Wedding rings and jewelry in general are often targets for criminals besides CASH, and are easy to pawn/fence/sell for cash quickly.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2019, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Wedding rings and jewelry in general are often targets for criminals besides CASH, and are easy to pawn/fence/sell for cash quickly.
    Yup. If you're hospitalized or end up in a nursing home, be sure to entrust a relative with rings and other jewelry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?

What to wear to a fall wedding? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm going to two weddings in one day, one is a Christian wedding and the other is Catholic/Hindu. These are the first weddings that I'm going to where I will not be a bridesmaid and I've also never been to a fall wedding, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to wear. I found a few dresses that I like...

What to wear to backyard wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire to wear to an outdoor early evening wedding?

What do I wear to this wedding? [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to a 6:30 p.m. December wedding in Charleston, SC, that is black tie/evening dress unifrom invited. What kind of dress should I wear?

View more questions Search