Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2019, 05:07 AM
    Adding a 2nd electric HWT to existing system
    I have a Geo Thermal heating system with a 50 gal electric HWT which is assisted with the GEO unit. After we bought the house I found it to be really different that a gas water heating system especially with with a tank-less setup. So I run a 3/4" hot water loop with a pimp, works great. Hot water now, right away instead of waiting a very long time due the house being 85 ft long. NOW...since the wife wanted a Walk-In tub, that hot water sucks up 38 gal quickly and seems to not run hot for a full fill.
    I bought another 50 gal EHWT and piped it in series but can not get water circulation now.
    What a pain...so I had to go back to original setup until I get more information of schematic. So any drawings or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 23, 2019, 06:23 AM
    Did you install a check valve in the pump line? If not, start by installing a check valve and see if that resolves recirculation issue.

Also, did you install a means to purge air out of the recirculating line? If not, install a ball valve (black/yellow) and a draw off (red) right before the pump and purge the line clear of air...see image.

Name:  Cq17A.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  47.3 KB

Doing both these things will definitely solve any issues you have with recirculating the water.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding new drain into existing sewage ejector system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a functioning sewage ejector system. It appears to be correctly installed with a dedicated vent, etc. It was installed when the house was built and drains an existing basement bathroom. I am now looking to add a utility sink. My question is can I run the drain from the utility sink...

Intherm air conditioning system to work with my existing electric furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Intertherm electric furnace, I live in a mobile home that we just purchased Used. As of now the only air conditioning we have are window unit air conditioners.. My question is.. There an air conditioner unit we can add to the unit we currently have, for air conditioning? I have never...

Changing an existing gas & electric furnace to all electric. [ 2 Answers ]

My home is 90% electric, but my furnace is electric and gas, I am curious about how to change to an all electric furnace since my air conditioning and hot water tank are both electric. Will this require me to amp up my electrical panel?

View more questions Search