Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belz2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2019, 03:35 AM
    Vessel sink - not draining - pin hole method
    Anyone done what Steve suggested and drilled pin hole above the P trap/ U bend? Would love to see photo/video if so please - need to do this myself but worried about messing it up - also would love to see it NOT leaking! Thanks!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 23, 2019, 06:19 AM
    Hi Belz

I would not drill a hole above the ptrap...if drain backs up, and it will, water will flood the cabinet without you knowing and can cause some pretty good damage.

If you have a GRID style drain, try drilling the holes in the grid larger. Otherwise, I would suggest installing an UMBRELLA or MUSHROOM style vessel sink drain (see image). These type of vessel sink drains allow air to mix with the water and allow water to drain quite well!

Name:  205618-mushroom-lavatory-drain-ch.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  62.3 KB

Mark

Oct 23, 2019, 09:52 AM
    good idea - I will try to remove the basin (it's pretty glued down!) and add one of these - thanks for the tip! Hope it works as it's driving me mad! Appreciate your time and explanation thanks again

Nov 8, 2019, 09:55 AM
    Worked a treat - Horay!! THANK YOU!!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 8, 2019, 10:31 AM
    Super glad it worked...good for you. Thank you for the update!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow draining vessel sink [ 22 Answers ]

I've read (all?) the questions and answers regarding slow draining vessel sinks but I'm still hoping for some help. Just totally gutted our master bathroom -- down to the studs. Rebuilt everything and purchased a vessel sink (and custom vanity) and the sink drains slowly. Changed the piping...

ANOTHER slow draining vessel sink(s) [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had 3 stone vessel sinks installed with grid drains. All three drain slowly while the faucet is running. As soon as I turn OFF the faucet or set it at little more than a trickle, the sink drains quickly. Bubbles seem to collect in the drain while the water is running causing the slow...

Vessel Sink--Draining [ 2 Answers ]

We have a vessel sink, installed by a plumber and the sink fills half way before it drains, and it drains with a lot of suction after it fills half way. The plumber tells us this is normal, I can't believe it Can you please confirm that he is right, and if not how I would go about fixing it...

Vessel sink draining slow [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ongoing problem with a new vessel sink. Question is there a minimum length between the bottom of the sink and the P-Trap?

View more questions Search