Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 08:35 AM
    Voter suppression comes to mind also.
    You mean like when the Black Panthers were openly and plainly intimidating voters in Philadelphia in 2012, an action for which, of course, they were NOT held responsible by the Obama administration? It was a blatantly racist event, and yet nothing was done about it. I wonder why?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2019, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You mean like when the Black Panthers were openly and plainly intimidating voters in Philadelphia in 2012, an action for which, of course, they were NOT held responsible by the Obama administration? It was a blatantly racist event, and yet nothing was done about it. I wonder why?
    Because, as usual, you got it completely wrong.

The 2012 incident in Philadelphia was manufactured by FOX News. ONE Black Panther was there who was an election official performing his official duties.

Investigators later reported that witness remarks said that he was pleasant and "easy to talk to".

There was NO intimidation, NO "blatant racism", nothing at all.

Wonder no more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 09:21 AM
    No, I mean like the states like Texas that tried to keep black college students from voting on their Campus, or in Michigan where college students had to walk and catch buses to polling places, or Florida who purges the voting rolls or Georgia where minorities are purged by their governor. Or the southern states that close urban DMV's to prevent ID's by minorities and moving them to urban areas with restricted times to be open. Or the misinformed people like you who conflate NOTHING into a huge mountain as witnessed above.

That's the real kinds of voter suppression of minority voters going on that I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

The 2012 incident in Philadelphia was manufactured by FOX News. ONE Black Panther was there who was an election official performing his official duties.

Investigators later reported that witness remarks said that he was pleasant and "easy to talk to".

Wonder no more.
    Well said.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 12:51 PM

As usual, you are wrong. There were clearly two black panther members in the video, one carrying a night stick. The two of them claimed, on the video, to be "security" which was not true. One was asked to leave by the police and did so. The other was an election official, but was wandering around outside dressed up in Black Panther garb which seems pretty irregular. And last and probably least, the incident occurred in 2008 and not 2012. And yes, I got the date wrong as well.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 01:01 PM
    No, I mean like the states like Texas that tried to keep black college students from voting on their Campus
    That's an exaggeration for sure.

or in Michigan where college students had to walk and catch buses to polling places
    What? They had to ride a bus to go vote? How terrible!!

Georgia where minorities are purged by their governor.
    100% false allegation.

Or the southern states that close urban DMV's to prevent ID's by minorities and moving them to urban areas with restricted times to be open.
    I'd like to see evidence for that one.

Or the misinformed people like you who conflate NOTHING into a huge mountain as witnessed above.
    Blah, blah, blah.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2019, 01:41 PM
    As usual, you are wrong.
    Good grief. You admit right here that YOU were wrong. I'll quote your words below.

And last and probably least, the incident occurred in 2008 and not 2012.
    Geez, I'll say. AT LEAST. You are incredible. You admit you got the date wrong and you say I am wrong. I gave you the correct information that you posted about 2012. YOU WERE WRONG! PERIOD! FULL STOP!

Now you walk it back and find another different incident to whine about.

Simply amazing!

And yes, I got the date wrong as well.
    Saints be praised! He admits it.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 03:08 PM
    Geez, I'll say. AT LEAST. You are incredible. You admit you got the date wrong and you say I am wrong. I gave you the correct information that you posted about 2012. YOU WERE WRONG! PERIOD! FULL STOP!
    This is your quote. "The 2012 incident in Philadelphia was manufactured by FOX News." Now I plainly stated we were both incorrect. That's how we are different. When I am wrong, I say it. You never think you are wrong. At any rate, I also said, "last and probably least". In other words, it was not a big deal. Get a little perspective for crying out loud.

But how about your statement that there was only one BP in the video? Your quote was, " ONE Black Panther was there who was an election official performing his official duties." Was that correct? How about them calling themselves "security"? How about one of them carrying a night stick? Hello??? If you still think you were correct, then watch this. Perhaps it will be the first time you've seen it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 04:51 PM
    When I saw the video back in the day I saw people both black and white going in and out about their business. Did I miss the intimidation part here? Or more loony right wing paranoid exaggeration and lies?

Clearly it was the latter in an attempt to create doubt and fear. The dufus and right wing tool of choice...LYING.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 05:04 PM
    When I saw the video back in the day I saw people both black and white going in and out about their business. Did I miss the intimidation part here? Or more loony right wing paranoid exaggeration and lies?
    Yeah. I see people dressed in the uniforms of extremist groups holding night sticks outside of polling places all the time. I'm sure it was all perfectly normal for Texas.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2019, 06:03 PM
    This is your quote. "The 2012 incident in Philadelphia was manufactured by FOX News."
    Yes, that is my quote. Yes, the 2012 incident was manufactured by FOX News - specifically, Sean Hannity.

Now I plainly stated we were both incorrect.
    On what basis do you plainly state I am incorrect?

That's how we are different. When I am wrong, I say it.
    This is getting more and more bizarre. You have been wrong so many times without admitting it, it's astonishing. I give you absolute direct proof and you continue to deny the facts. I'm at a loss to explain you.

But how about your statement that there was only one BP in the video? Your quote was, " ONE Black Panther was there who was an election official performing his official duties." Was that correct?
    YES, that was and is correct. If you had half a brain you would know that the incident I referenced has ONE Black Panther who was "pleasant". (I'm sorry to name call, but you are truly exasperating. Some days I spend half my afternoon trying to explain things to you so you will understand, but you steadfastly refuse.

How about them calling themselves "security"? How about one of them carrying a night stick? Hello???
    Hello yourself. There was no night stick.

If you still think you were correct, then watch this. Perhaps it will be the first time you've seen it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU
    IT'S THE WRONG VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your first post was 2012. Now you're changing it to 2008. This is not the first time you have changed mid-stream.

Susse Jesu, Bleiben Sie Mir.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 06:08 PM
    Bikers and young people in jeans and hoodies? You can carry an AR 15 in open carry states, but a guy with a stick is extreme? Geez guy you could at least be consistent.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 06:11 PM
    IT'S THE WRONG VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your first post was 2012. Now you're changing it to 2008. This is not the first time you have changed mid-stream.
    I stated hours ago that the video I referred to was in 2008. Remember how you practically wet your pants when I told you I had referenced the wrong date as being 2012 when it should have been 2008? And before you wet your pants again (might be too late on that), we are plainly referring to two separate incidents. Calm down.

In the 08 incident there were clearly two BP members, one of whom was holding a night stick. That was what I was referring to.

As to 2012, that was not simply a Fox News invention. This link shows that.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...olling-places/

YES, that was and is correct. If you had half a brain you would know that the incident I referenced has ONE Black Panther who was "pleasant". (I'm sorry to name call, but you are truly exasperating. Some days I spend half my afternoon trying to explain things to you so you will understand, but you steadfastly refuse.
    I am tempted to return the name calling, but that would make me like you, and I don't intend for that to happen under any circumstances. If the explanations I read from you take half an afternoon to formulate, then you need a lot of intense therapy. Maybe WG can help you.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 06:29 PM
    So what the House speaker of the state legislature in Pa. publicaly said voter ID laws were an attempt to help Romney beat Obama. Now what?
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 06:36 PM
    So what the House speaker of the state legislature in Pa. publicaly said voter ID laws were an attempt to help Romney beat Obama. Now what?
    Now what? Now I want to kick myself for being hopeful enough to think that you might actually link an article that is worth looking at. So you link an article that is several pages long and was written in 2016, and then want to act as though the PA guy said something of great interest just in the past few days, and that's assuming I want to take the time to pick through all the clutter to find it? That's why I don't like to take your links. They are useless nine times out of ten.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2019, 06:38 PM
    Well you BP video was pretty old too!
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2019, 06:43 PM
    we are plainly referring to two separate incidents.
    Took you long enough to figure that out. Without my help, you would still be in the wrong election.

As to 2012, that was not simply a Fox News invention. This link shows that.
    That link shows nothing. Hannity started it. A team headed by an ex-Seal followed up and reported there was nothing to Hannity's rumor. But it was too late. By then the entire loony right-wing (you included) was running the false rumor.

I am tempted to return the name calling
    Tempted? You do it more than anyone and then complain when others do it.

Right before posting this, I went back and read your exchange with Wondergirl. Your lack of understanding expressed in that back-and-forth was beyond weird. Her explanations (supported by Tal) were crystal clear and you couldn't grasp them and even misconstrued them to a bizarre degree.

I honestly believe you have been affected by Trump and how he gaslights on a daily basis. You are doing exactly what he does - and it's so obvious that I wonder about all the Trump supporters.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2019, 06:48 PM
    Tempted? You do it more than anyone and then complain when others do it.

Right before posting this, I went back and read your exchange with Wondergirl. Your lack of understanding expressed in that back-and-forth was beyond weird. Her explanations (supported by Tal) were crystal clear and you couldn't grasp them and even misconstrued them to a bizarre degree.

I honestly believe you have been affected by Trump and how he gaslights on a daily basis. You are doing exactly what he does - and it's so obvious that I wonder about all the Trump supporters.
    And, of course, all of that is true because you think it is. Oh well.

Took you long enough to figure that out. Without my help, you would still be in the wrong election
    Just to show that your claim is your usual fake garbage, this is the first notice of the date problem in this thread and it was posted by me. "And last and probably least, the incident occurred in 2008 and not 2012. And yes, I got the date wrong as well."

So who put who in the right election???
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2019, 04:38 AM
    Calm down.
    I don't suffer fools calmly.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2019, 05:09 AM
    Learning to control you own emotions is a valuable asset. Learning not to blame your outbursts on someone else is even better.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2019, 05:25 AM
    Learning to control you own emotions is a valuable asset. Learning not to blame your outbursts on someone else is even better.
    I have to say it, are you not aware there are more important things going on in the world than getting in touch with yourself. stop being so self obscessed and realise there are riots in Chile, in Hong Kong, there are protest rallies all over the world, people are upset and they are blaming their outbursts on someoneelse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Franco Painting More Information Please! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a Franco painting and it appears there are a couple of other folk looking for information on the same artist but the thread has been closed. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/oil-canvas-signed-franco-469154.html Please be so kind to update me if anyone found out any new...

Oil on Canvas signed FRANCO. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Could you please help identify the artist in this beautiful oil on canvas. It says FRANCO. Searching signatures on different web sites did not help me find a match. Thanks,

Mineralis San Francisco [ 1 Answers ]

I received letters from Mineralis telling I win money. Money that I never saw. I have bought some products like:Algo Chlorela. I never find them. Are you a fake company.

Franco Corporation was organized on January 1, 2010. It is authorized to issue 10,000 [ 2 Answers ]

Franco Corporation was organized on January 1, 2010. It is authorized to issue 10,000 shares of 8%, $100 par value preferred stock, and 500,000 shares of no-par common stock with a stated value of $2 per share. The following stock transactions were completed during the first year. Jan. 10 Issued...

Francisco Rativa [ 2 Answers ]

Where does he work, need phone number

View more questions Search