Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 25, 2019, 03:27 PM
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2019, 07:13 PM
    And for the 90th time, the top 20% of income earners pay about 85% of fed income tax. The bottom 50% pay about 3%.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2019, 09:31 PM
    Paraclete: No, I don't think Trump will bankrupt the nation: Something very, very "unnatural" is happening in the U.S. right now: Senate and Congress have totally abdicated their REAL JOBS, the jobs we hired them to do, and ceded just about all power to the Executive Branch....How this has come to pass has been overt as well as subtle: Congress and Senate are spending every waking hour pursuing either an "Investigation" of some description or trying to defend against an investigation of some description.....meanwhile, the Executive Branch has been going about pursuing whatever his calendar and agenda calls for: The American Public sees this and, to a large extent, view Senate and Congress as "DO NOTHINGS" while the POTUS enjoys media coverage with all the events he is involved with and is seen as "actively conducting his business".

When it is all said and done, Trump may be known as a great POTUS for business and economy but not much else. In years past, the economy was "Joe Six Pack's" primary concern.....not so sure if that is still true.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2019, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Congress and Senate are spending every waking hour pursuing either an "Investigation" of some description or trying to defend against an investigation of some description.
    Not true. The Democrats have passed 8 or 9 bills on various non-impeachment topics but not a single one has gotten past the REPUBLICANS AND Moscow Mitch.

the POTUS enjoys media coverage with all the events he is involved with and is seen as "actively conducting his business".
    What planet are you referring to? You DO have a way of going off the far edge.

Trump may be known as a great POTUS for business and economy but not much else.
    After three years, Trump is known as a great nitwit. His business acumen turned out to be a joke. His self-proclaimed genius for trade/tariffs is damaging the US economy and negatively effecting the world economy.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2019, 11:42 AM
    Athos: When I say that the Congress and Senate are not getting their jobs done, I mean in total, not discerning who is blacking who, the NET EFFECT is a big fat ZERO as far as helping the American people. In the past, people have rarely gotten into the weeds about who did what, they just blame the whole bunch.

What I mean when I say Trump enjoys media coverage: Trump is a student of McCarthy's lawyer, Roy Cohn, who said that ANY media coverage is a positive because as you occupy time, the opposition has less time: still only 24 hours in a day. Trump if gallivanting all over the world, working out deals with the Chinese, talking to North Koreans, visiting Black Colleges, making statements in the White House driveway....those kind of things: He is getting coverage and looking "Presidential"....and I know many would contest that but he is getting more "refined" at it.

As far as the trade embargos: Trump is breaking the Chinese: They are paying more for the grains they are getting from others...they are in a more tenuous position than we are.....Trump is bending the Chinese's knees.....its hardball.....Trump just doesn't care about the world economy....his calculus doesn't take any other country into consideration.

Athos: Not supporting Trump! Just calling it like I see it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2019, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Athos: Not supporting Trump! Just calling it like I see it.
    Fine to call it like you see it, but you're seeing it all wrong.

When I say that the Congress and Senate are not getting their jobs done, I mean in total, not discerning who is blacking who, the NET EFFECT is a big fat ZERO as far as helping the American people.
    By citing the TOTAL effect, you are completely missing the cogent point. To wit: The Dems are doing their job, but the Repubs are blocking them at every juncture. That's kind of important to say that, don'cha think?

Trump is a student of McCarthy's lawyer, Roy Cohn, who said that ANY media coverage is a positive because as you occupy time, the opposition has less time
    Roy Cohn is A) wrong, and B) the lowest snake in the grass to ever slither.

He is getting coverage and looking "Presidential"..
    He is looking nothing of the sort. He is looking like a spoiled child. His own people have called him an "effin' moron". He can't hold an appointee to stay with him - so many have left - cabinet level on down. His national security advisers last about a month before bailing because of Trump's idiocy. If you can't see his pathetic narcissism, I worry about you seeing him as "presidential".

The Chinese are paying more for the grains they are getting from others...
    And American farmers are going bankrupt!

Trump just doesn't care about the world economy..
    How incredibly shortsighted is this policy. I hope you don't support it. I can't imagine a government where the president doesn't care about the world economy. The whole world is interdependent on a smooth world economy. Here is another area where Trump is ruining whatever he touches - the opposite of a Midas touch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Franco Painting More Information Please! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a Franco painting and it appears there are a couple of other folk looking for information on the same artist but the thread has been closed. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/oil-canvas-signed-franco-469154.html Please be so kind to update me if anyone found out any new...

Oil on Canvas signed FRANCO. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Could you please help identify the artist in this beautiful oil on canvas. It says FRANCO. Searching signatures on different web sites did not help me find a match. Thanks,

Mineralis San Francisco [ 1 Answers ]

I received letters from Mineralis telling I win money. Money that I never saw. I have bought some products like:Algo Chlorela. I never find them. Are you a fake company.

Franco Corporation was organized on January 1, 2010. It is authorized to issue 10,000 [ 2 Answers ]

Franco Corporation was organized on January 1, 2010. It is authorized to issue 10,000 shares of 8%, $100 par value preferred stock, and 500,000 shares of no-par common stock with a stated value of $2 per share. The following stock transactions were completed during the first year. Jan. 10 Issued...

Francisco Rativa [ 2 Answers ]

Where does he work, need phone number

View more questions Search